Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 2.02 Hotseat - Lords of the East

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02 Hotseat - Lords of the East

I'll sub your turn for you, Cultured. PM me your instructions and I'll do it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlox View Post
    Hey guys, the twcenter is adopting a new rule regarding seige weapons and the latest BC2.02

Apparently Balistias can take over any settlement. so any game that is limiting spies to not being able to take settlements, we also have these rules.

Balistias can only take out forts
    Catapults can only take wood grade settlements (Small towns, large towns, wooden castles)
    Trebs can take out any thing.

Reason why we are starting to do this is because balistias are very easy to produce, and to think about it, are slow, 100% spies. If we limited spies so that we can not take settlements, we should do the same with balistias.
    I wasn't aware that they had changed ballistas back into siege engines in 2.02. That is a problem.

I'm not sure how I feel about catapults only being able to take out wooden settlements, though. If that were the case, I think, too many people would just ignore the siege equipment all together, because it would be just too much of a pain to have to produce trebuchets for certain towns. In my opinion, siege equipment is one of the worst parts about M2TW-- they are not very historically accurate, they offer very little variety, siege buildings take too long to construct, and they bog down movement in the campaign map to such a ridiculous extent.

Here's what I'd like to suggest:

Balistas can only take out forts.
    Catapults can only take out those settlements without ballista towers.
    Trebuchets are required for settlements with ballista towers.

This way, catapults are still important, but players seeking to fortify their cities will actually have to put time and resources into doing so by constructing ballista towers. In this scheme, those stupid ballista towers will actually have a purpose, too.

Sound good?

And also, KOJ is up!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wx5wzanlmxz
    Last edited by Quirl; 10-18-2009 at 21:46.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quirl al-Mustafa Mubarak View Post
    Here's what I'd like to suggest:

Balistas can only take out forts.
    Catapults can only take out those settlements without ballista towers.
    Trebuchets are required for settlements with ballista towers.Sound good?
    I'm fine with that. Also fine with playing the game as it comes.

A few things that make siege engines less of a problem than spies are:
    - They are more difficult to spam, as they are more expensive and the buildings you need to create them are higher level.
    - They are slow moving, so they can't cover vast distances in a single turn.
    - They are visible on the campaign map, meaning if you are smart you have a chance of stopping them from reaching your cities.

They are certainly unrealistic in the way the game allows them to be used, but they feel more 'fair' to me than spies for these reasons. At least you know where you stand with them.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

ok, Ayyubids are up!

Abbasids, I choose you!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymvrzyodd1z

Also, please be aware of some slight changes in the first post.

Ghaznavids up

LotE-1-Ghazni

Hello,
    I just have a Question, I know its my turn right as the Ghanzi, I noticed Merlox switched from the Shah to Seljuks,
    if this is the case is it possible that I can switch to the Shah from Ghanzi?

Balistias towers, don't they require a large city (At the point... only like 4 in the whole game that can even build it, even if so... The funds would be huge... I just reccomend leaving it at the old rules of the seige weapons., With the new rules, It does not even make since to try to build a treb.

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    Hello,
    I just have a Question, I know its my turn right as the Ghanzi, I noticed Merlox switched from the Shah to Seljuks,
    if this is the case is it possible that I can switch to the Shah from Ghanzi?
    Maybe it could be possible for the Abbasid player to replay his turn?, only this time instead of pressing "Next turn" he can post the end of his turn so the Admin can enable the Shah from AI and convert the Ghanzi to AI

What do you say, would this be okay?

I have no issue with this, if it's ok with Quirl. I'd just have to do it later tonight (After work and such).

There's no need to post a new turn - Quirl can switch the Shah to human control, and the Ghazni to AI control from the Ghazni pw screen.

Quirl, just log in to the console, and type control spain, then control venice.

The game should then move on to the next player's loading screen, and you can save it and upload it here.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    There's no need to post a new turn - Quirl can switch the Shah to human control, and the Ghazni to AI control from the Ghazni pw screen.

Quirl, just log in to the console, and type control spain, then control venice.

The game should then move on to the next player's loading screen, and you can save it and upload it here.
    If what I'm seeing is correct, the result will be that If I switch to the Shah, ill miss my first turn, if MerlinusCDXX doesn't replay the turn.
    Normally, I would agree with you, if a kingdom which was ordinary set to the AI (like the Seljuks), then their turn would be at the end inbetween the AI controlled kingdoms,
    However, is someone was orginally set up for a human player, like the Shah, their turn will represented by the Turn Order, in this case the Shah before the Ghanzi, so if I'm correct when MerlinusCDXX - played his turn as Abbasid, he would have noticed the once human player now turned AI would play their turn before the Ghanzi turn.
    So technically while Quirl can setup the turn in the Ghanzi turn, my first turn as Shah will already have been played for the first turn, and I will loose my first turn

Normally, I would accept this losing of my first turn, if it was required that many more people required to play their turn, as it would slow the game up too much.. However, because of these condions of only one player beforehand, a turn MerlinusCDXX agreed that he didn't mind playing later tonight, ensuring that not only can I play my turn this turn, but that the game will not be delayed and continue immediately.

MerlinusCDXX - if you don't mind, can you reply your turn, and not click NEXT TURN, so that Quirl can do it,
    Just post it, if Quirl rejects it, and doesn't want to use the turn or give contorl to the AI, whatever, then it need not be used and no harm is done, however if Quirl accepts, we have the turn on hand to use.

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    So technically while Quirl can setup the turn in the Ghanzi turn, my first turn as Shah will already have been played for the first turn, and I will loose my first turn
    Of course, my mistake - I thought the Shah was later in the turn order. Sorry to interfere!
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 10-21-2009 at 21:10.

Wow guys. I'm gone for a few hours and there's all this confusion!

Ok, since the Khwarezm Shah directly follows the Abbasids, I'll need Merlinus to resend his save game file.

Merlinus, if you could not end your turn and resend me the new save game file that would be great. I'll also need your password (please PM it to me).

Merlox, I think limiting catapults to only being able to take wooden settlements would really bog down the game. People would have to wait about 15 turns (assuming they have settlements large enough) to produce Trebuchets. And can you imagine how annoying it would be for someone to lead a raid on your city, destroy your siege building, and run off? So, for these reasons, I'm uncomfortable in limiting the catapults in such a way. The current version also allows large cities who stood historically for decades against invaders to have that kind of extra edge. This way, Constantinople and Baghdad can't just be rushed by a few horse archers and a catapult.
    Last edited by Quirl; 10-21-2009 at 23:42.

PM sent to Quirl w/ necessary info.

Thanks, guys!

Everything should be set now.

The Khwarezm are up!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w3jamgzwjww

Also, be sure you guys introduce yourselves in the council chambers. It's never too early to start laying down those land claims.
    Last edited by Quirl; 10-22-2009 at 04:51.

Ghoirds Are now Up.

Ghorid.zip

Sent Iron Fist a PM. Nothing yet. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow evening I'll go ahead and skip.
    Last edited by Quirl; 10-25-2009 at 07:10.

Oh bugger sorry guys, I was having party last night and I slept quite long. I haven't checked this forum recently too, but I shall take my turn now.
    EDIT : Took the turn and can someone recommend better uploading site for saves?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 10-25-2009 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Oh bugger sorry guys, I was having party last night and I slept quite long. I haven't checked this forum recently too, but I shall take my turn now.
    No problem Iron First! I know how that is: sleeping in late after a party-- maybe waking up in a dumpster somewhere.

And I use mediafire to upload all my files.

The Wrath of the War Elephants Member CiviC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I tryed to download and I got this message

CiviC, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This site sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    I tryed to download and I got this message

CiviC, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This site sucks.
    Here you go, man.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aoiijyywivi

I did my turn but mediafire is not working.
    This site is horrible, why can't I use an uploader here on the site like at twcenter?

You can use the uploader, but you have to be a full member to be able to download the files. If you upload the file using this site, I'll be able to download it.

As for Mediafire... I have no idea about that one.

I'll send a request in to make you a full member...
    Last edited by Quirl; 10-25-2009 at 23:00.

CiviC, just send a pm to TinCow and explain that you would like to be made a full member so you can download files from the uploader and play your turns in this hotseat.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 10-25-2009 at 23:18.

Last edited by Quirl; 10-26-2009 at 17:43.

Knight of the Crusade Member Thanatos Eclipse's Avatar

For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

uhh just to be sure, if I completely reinstall M2TW my BC should be able to hot seats right? (probably, unless soemthing else is wrong)

I don't have to do anything after that special or anything right? Just need to be sure, cause my M2TW is in a pretty tenuous position. I don't want to mess anything up

but tomorrow I will try the reinstall
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Drizzt fan View Post
    uhh just to be sure, if I completely reinstall M2TW my BC should be able to hot seats right? (probably, unless soemthing else is wrong)

I don't have to do anything after that special or anything right? Just need to be sure, cause my M2TW is in a pretty tenuous position. I don't want to mess anything up

but tomorrow I will try the reinstall
    Nope. If you do a complete reinstall and then install BC 2.0 with the 2.02 patch, you should be able to play hotseats.

Just be sure, since you have Vista, to manually delete everything in the "user/appdata/local/virtual store/sega/medieval II total war file. That is key!

Let me know if you need any help!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast