Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Star Trek Online

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Star Trek Online

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
    I think the main complaint is leveling up and the lack of varity in missions. One thread I saw earlier today predicted that half the community will leave after their 30 days are up and that the only people will remain are the hardcore.
    Only problem there is with the Klingon side, due to lack of PvE content. Federation is full of missions, storyline, etc.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

kilngon has some added missions now. One of which i can solo becaue i haxxxxxxx

BTW someone robbed our guild of 500k from the banks. I blame Besskar.

We know his username but not his handel, hoping to get the banned
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 02-14-2010 at 12:07. Reason: language
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

How does someone steal money like that?

Blog Entries

How does someone steal money like that?
    They go in the fleetguild bank, then go "I am an a********" takes all the items then leave.

Tends to happen in many MMORPG's.

The items and money are donated to assist in guild endeavours, not for people to simply join and steal it all.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

But on a positive note, now that feds (especially feds who arent watching the market) are selling ground based loot to the Klingons, the klingon pwnage is beginning to take effect. I have a group that I played with for 3 days, just pubbies who seemed to coop well, and we went about 40-0 over that period, with most scores being around double the opponent. And we arent even using vent.

OP?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Ouch. The reviews are not kind.

Of all the major sites that have written a review, IGN has been the gentlest....with a 6.8 score. Gamespy is the harshest thus far, giving the game only 2 out of 5 stars.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    Ouch. The reviews are not kind.

Of all the major sites that have written a review, IGN has been the gentlest....with a 6.8 score. Gamespy is the harshest thus far, giving the game only 2 out of 5 stars.
    I feel they are being slightly harsh. I would personally give it around a 70/75 out of 100. It isn't an exceptional game, genrely speaking it's pretty meh, but I've played many games which have been a lot worse and I've certainly played worse MMO's which have received much kinder reviews.

It's basically the same as every other MMO except it's set in space and has the Star trek brand slapped all over it. There's a lot of problems with the game at this point but still, as mentioned, I've played many a worse game and many a worse MMO.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

I'm sure this time next year, the game will be in a better condition.

The price of the game has dropped too, sweet.
    Last edited by Mailman653; 02-20-2010 at 01:40.

Tribble chart What do tribbles do exactly? Do they give you stat bonuses or something?

Blog Entries

They were simply out of combat healing.

State of the game 02/25/10

Sounds promising, hope to have the game by the time the second update comes along.

10$ off and 60 free days
    It's causing an uproar in the forums but it sounds like a great deal. You get 30 free days for the purchase and the 60 more on top of that which makes 90 free days! I might just scrap some money together and bite down on this one before the offer ends.
    Last edited by Mailman653; 02-27-2010 at 21:28.

Blog Entries

10$ off and 60 free days
    It's causing an uproar in the forums but it sounds like a great deal. You get 30 free days for the purchase and the 60 more on top of that which makes 90 free days! I might just scrap some money together and bite down on this one before the offer ends.
    What is awful, real life has gotten in the way of me actually being able to level up my Klingon, hah. On the plus side, means more opportunities for PvE content for them.

I like Startrek Online as a concept and it has a lot of potential, but that deal looks good. Though, if you are interested but currently busy in real life, possibly buy the deal, get real life sorted and have 3 months of quality time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Though, if you are interested but currently busy in real life, possibly buy the deal, get real life sorted and have 3 months of quality time.
    Very true, I've been busy with Rl lately and I wonder if I'll be able to enjoy those three free months.

Tribbles are not simply an out of combat heal.

With the right food (usually looted food) and the right tribble, you can breed a rare tribble. Use a rare tribble for a buff or double buff that lasts an hour (or until death) and carries over into space. If you use the heal tribble after the buff it covers the buff and you have to rebuff yourself. I carry 2: one for double buff one for heal. I use the dmg bonus + health regen buff and the dmg bonus + dmg res buffs.

Yes, I breed rare Tribbles. And I won't tell you where I loot the food, so find your own.

Blog Entries

Went online today, it seemed dead on Klingon side at least. Did they all quit?

Feds vastly outnumber klingons, and there are times when either side cannot get a fight vs the other faction. As of late, i have been hosting my own lobbies and inviting klink friends and having kvk games.

The lobbies for PVP matches are really messed up and need to be fixed. Since you can join multiple lobbies games tend to end up empty because all the people queud for your lobby join another prior, then you join thinking you will have a full team and it is just you

Anyone still playing? I completed the demo earlier, it was fun albiet short. I'm tempted to buy it but I can't afford $15 a month right now, oh well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456