Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EBII release- the worst day of my life

Default EBII release- the worst day of my life

Why?
    I just realized something... Always when a new EB release happened, my greatest dillema was with wich faction to play first... Carthage? Seleucid Empire? SPQR? Pontos? And for the first few days i literally couldn't decide with which faction to stick, since i wanted to see every new unit, every new building, every new trait of ANY FREAKING FACTION!!!

And now it occured to me.... when EBII is released, 29 factions! 9 or so of them NEW, like Numidia or Pergamon whom really seem awesome, the other completly redone! As much as i know myself i won't be able to decide with which faction to play for real for a month!
    I will be on the compture the whole day, reading every new descripton of every new unit, my gf will probably brake up with me, i will fail my class at university, i will gain 20 kilos and worst of all, I will be in a constant dillema with which faction to play!

The sad part is, most of this will probably happen...

Does anyone alse have the same "fear"?

And by the way, I really can't wait for EBII to come out... Screw everything alse

P.S. Damn, will also have to buy a new computer... Hope the EB team anounces a month or two early when the relese is about to come so i start a job or sth
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Default Re: EBII release- the worst day of my life

Easy choice for me. As i prefer fully operational hellenistic Armies, i will either play the new Kingdom of Pergamon, or another hellenistic state, if there is to be any in the future.

Not so much a dilemma (or even a 29-emma) as an embarrassment of riches.

And for me its easy: I'll be giving Numidia a whirl. An old favourite, tough position with a strong neighbour.

Unless they include the Mauryan satrapy...plzplzplz...
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

Be happy. If your GF breaks up with you, you'll have more time to play EB
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Be happy. If your GF breaks up with you, you'll have more time to play EB
    Yeah! Being sad because your girlfriend breaks up with you is not EB-thinking!

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    Why?
    I just realized something... Always when a new EB release happened, my greatest dillema was with wich faction to play first... Carthage? Seleucid Empire? SPQR? Pontos? And for the first few days i literally couldn't decide with which faction to stick, since i wanted to see every new unit, every new building, every new trait of ANY FREAKING FACTION!!!

And now it occured to me.... when EBII is released, 29 factions! 9 or so of them NEW, like Numidia or Pergamon whom really seem awesome, the other completly redone! As much as i know myself i won't be able to decide with which faction to play for real for a month!
    I will be on the compture the whole day, reading every new descripton of every new unit, my gf will probably brake up with me, i will fail my class at university, i will gain 20 kilos and worst of all, I will be in a constant dillema with which faction to play!

The sad part is, most of this will probably happen...

Does anyone alse have the same "fear"?

And by the way, I really can't wait for EBII to come out... Screw everything alse

P.S. Damn, will also have to buy a new computer... Hope the EB team anounces a month or two early when the relese is about to come so i start a job or sth
    *facepalm*

look, having 29 factions to play from is not a bad thing; if you are having trouble choosing, just do that inny minny miny moe thing to choose which one to play. : clown:

or you can just divinate which faction by drinking tea and seeing the leaf residue, the fortune telling 8-ball, or the lines sand method, the oracle of delphi, o Uri Geller, or the crystalball, should the inny minny miny moe fail to relieve your desire.

besides, if you wish to see every unit, that's what custom battles are for
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 10-29-2009 at 02:40.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Choose a random faction that has their sucessor nations appear on the news headline first

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

When it's released, I will fire up a Custom Battle and check all of the units of every factions, then I probably start a Pontos, SPQR, or Swebóz campaign...it's gonna depend on my mood.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Blog Entries

Im more afraid of all the units looking alike, because of the realisitc look.
    29 factions to beat and all have look alikes. I mean in MWII units, who have no strong colours are indistuingishable frome each other.
    Hoping for some extensive colouring

Seriously guys... with whom will i play? Every new preview that comes out i wan't to play the faction in question.... And there are 25+ more previews to go....

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Seriously guys... with whom will i play? Every new preview that comes out i wan't to play the faction in question.... And there are 25+ more previews to go....

Just try to play your fave faction's campaign in EB 1 first... then decide your next after encountering them (and hence, know their location and what to be thrown at your enemies)... hope that helps...

Even if I dislike Romans, you should try them first, because your favourite faction is the faction you most familiar too... right?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

U14 Footballer Member G. Septimus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well, I would choose my two favorite and well- known civilizations- the Romans and the Greeks/Makedonians (Konnon Hellenon, Makedon, Arche Seleuka, and Epiroes).
    x2

Big Romani Fan
    Die Manschaaft
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ]

Der Rekordmeister

probably I'll spend hours or days on Costom battles just to see every unit :D and then hope that one Civ intreagues me more than the others.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    probably I'll spend hours or days on Costom battles just to see every unit :D and then hope that one Civ intreagues me more than the others.
    This or pick a faction with phalanx and see if the AI completely fails.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

1. Baktria [lots of different units/ good mix]
    2. Nomad faction [HELL YEAH!]
    3. depends on which faction I identified as an interesting faction [most lilkely a new one me thinks]
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

I'll go with the Romans first, and then I'll jump on over either to the Epeirotes, or to my beloved Casse (provided they are still there )
    "You must know, then, that there are two methods of fight, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts; but as the first method is often insufficient, one must have recourse to the second. It is therefore necessary for a prince to know well how to use both the beast and the man.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

AARs:
    The Aeduic War: A Casse Mini AAR
    The Kings of Land's End: A Lusitani AAR

Well, it's going to be one of the factions in the Gaza campaign isn't it?

I doubt that the first public release of EB II will be EB in its complete awesome glory. Some factions will probably be missing or incomplete. So your choice will be a bit narrower than all that.

Its a relatively simple choice for me: one of the new factions. Because chances are, I'll barely even have heard of them, and will be eager to find out a little more. The only way to know which one will be to see them first and judge the most interest from the info given and their relative locations.
    Death is its own reward, but so is chocolate

from Ibrahim, for barbaric healthcare

Carthage. Tanit and Ba'al compel you.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

well, I start with my homies in alphabetical order

(since saba is the only arabian faction around, its the first in EB 1.2
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Tanit View Post
    Carthage. Tanit and Ba'al compel you.
    Well Carthage IS the facto my favourite faction, and also the faction i know the most about... But Since Carthage is my favourite faction i litterally overplayed it in EB1.

It is on the top of my list with Seleucia though, but the Numidian preview impressed me as well, in fact impressed me a lot, so i started liking this faction as well...

Here's my list of wanna play factions i guess.

1) Carthage
    2) Seleucid Empire
    3) Numidia
    4) Pergamon
    5) Pontos
    6) SPQR
    7) Ptoleamaic Empire
    8) Aedui
    9) Getai
    10) Arverni

Of course the problem is that all the new factions will come in between those 10!

Damn, i really can't wait for this game to come out...

Hope there's a Carthage preview soon, so that i may "roleplay" the new info on EB1

i will fail my class at university,
    It is more likely we'll both graduate before we see EBII released (and I'm only a first year undergrad).

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    It is more likely we'll both graduate before we see EBII released (and I'm only a first year undergrad).
    Oh come on, it won't take THAT long...

Obviously the pick is Romans. Second would be Parthia (or whatever its name is) and third might just maybe be Carthage. Why? Because it's historical. Other factions would be playable only if they would have different development opportunities, but I don't think the engine gives that possibility.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

I think I'll fire up a custom battle against a succesor and look how the AI manages the phalangitai and then i'll start a game as Pahlava.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Oh come on, it won't take THAT long...
    The offical word that it'll be released at SOME POINT before July 2012? Thats a good sign!

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    The offical word that it'll be released at SOME POINT before July 2012? Thats a good sign!
    Lol yeah, well we got like (at least) 20 previewsleft till the release. Since only 4 out of 29 factions has been previewed.
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 10-31-2009 at 11:38.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

The Gaza campaign isn't that far of, I think. So I'm going to play the Ptolemies first
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

I think it would take me +ten minutes to actually select a faction from the main campaign of EB, once it is released.

I think my first faction will be Epirus, I cannot wait to be stomping around the Italian mainland as Pyrrhus with a giant host of war elephants and individual-looking phalanxes in glorious M2TW graphics.

Well as others have said I'd first check the units out in custom battle to see how they look and react and read a bit of the new infos(first unit to check are ofcourse going to be the Spartans, probably looking at how Hoplites react and Phalangites and some semi-Phalanxes).

Then I gues I'll play either the Koinon Hellenon(can't wait to see the new Spartans!) or the Sweboz or possibly another Germanic faction besides it, or an Belgian one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast