Thread: EBII maxed out settings no lag

Member Member Antonivs Silvicola's Avatar
    Lurking in the forests of the Tabletop Mountains...

Default EBII maxed out settings no lag

I'd like some opinions on what CPU, RAM, And GPU would run EBII with max settings and no lag. I have the bread to spend but I dont want to run Crysis or anything so not complete overkill. I.e. I dont want a 295 if I only need a 260 or whatever. All suggestions and help would be appreciated. So ready for EBII
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogitas-Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan it.

Default Re: EBII maxed out settings no lag

whats your current spec?

GTX 260s are getting a lil old

If i were you, right now. this is the setup I will use

Core i5/i7 LGA 1156
    4GB-8GB DDR3 Ram
    HD5850 or HD5770 CF

that will run EB2 for sure on max.

offcorse i already max it out...

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4ghz (Lga 1366)
    Nvidia GTX 260 SLI (EVGA + Asus)
    9GB DDR3
    Epic Balloon for my Roma ->

Member Member Antonivs Silvicola's Avatar
    Lurking in the forests of the Tabletop Mountains...

Im getting an entire new pc around January. I really didnt want to sli two cards if I didnt have to. Would a single 285(1 or 2gb) max everything without lag? Sorry for my ignorance and many thanks for responses.
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogitas-Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan it.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

TW is CPU bound. A better graphics card might do something.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

well if your looking for single card solutions, I'll say see if any GT300 cards get out by then or if theyre not out yet and you need one desperately, get an hd5870 or hd5890 if that is out

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

I've got a 3ghz Quad and an overclocked (840mhz) GTX 250 card and 2gigs of ram and Win7 32bit. I think this'll be enough. Since I can play E:TW on a 30-40 fps
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 11-04-2009 at 17:23.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

^^^

a GTS 250 is basically a rebranded and sized down 8800GTS
    same thing for the 9800GTX +
    its based on the G92 core which is aging now...

GT200 based cores are the GTX 260, GTX 280, GTX 275, GTX 285, GTX 295
    ATI top dog cards atm are

HD5850, HD5870, HD 5770.

all the above will max out ETW MTW2 RTW or any rts game for that matter......

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

So, When I can play Empire on ultra I think EBII will give no problems
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Overthinking? Always! Member Karamazovmm's Avatar

This might the system that you need:

Processor: i7 860 - 289.99, chose so you can have Hyperthread (4 processors=8 logical cores)

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D LE - 129.99 (great port selection and a good board)

HD:Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (good drive, but it's bare (only the drive come, you may need a sata cable easy to find cost less than 3 bucks)

Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333 - 94.99 (the are three important things in memory the frequency 1066, 1333, 1600, 2000 which grants the speed, the latency which is the read times this should be 7 and lower, and the voltage to not damage anything, currently the i5,i7 memmory voltage should be 1.5v, so that's why I'm not putting a monstrous DDR3 2000 memmory, it will fry your motherboard and probably your CPU.

Video Card: HD 5770 - 174.99 (has almost the same power than a HD4870 and a GTX260 which in my book is a lot of it, you may go to the HD 5870 although it costs you the double, but gives you more power than the GTX285)

Case: Antec P183 - 139.99 (neweeg has a combo that comes with a win 7 home premium which totals - 221.98 a $25 discount

the rest you can figure it out. And one more thing if you want to go sli/crossfire X you'll need to change the processor and the motherboard ( the socket type LGA1156 only gives you the power of a PCIe X16, or two PCIe X4, so since when you add more than one board the incease in graphics performance sits around 20% to 35% this advantage may be nullified) so you need to go to:

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 - 288.99

Motherboard: Foxconn FlamingBlade GTI LGA 1366 - 144.99

The real problem in going i7 9XX is that this line is going to be revamped in 2010, and seriously you don't need more power than the current i5 750 (although it doesn't have Hyperthread)
    Ps: you will need to have more memmory ie: 3g, 6g, 12g, because this processor is triple channel AKA you need memmory in three slots

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Karamazovmm; 11-09-2009 at 20:02.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antonivs Silvicola View Post
    I'd like some opinions on what CPU, RAM, And GPU would run EBII with max settings and no lag. I have the bread to spend but I dont want to run Crysis or anything so not complete overkill. I.e. I dont want a 295 if I only need a 260 or whatever. All suggestions and help would be appreciated. So ready for EBII
    if you have Alex.exe, that can help...

at least it did with me.

I also think that packing the sound files might help as well, but I did not test this.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    if you have Alex.exe, that can help...

at least it did with me.

I also think that packing the sound files might help as well, but I did not test this.
    Ibrahim, he's talking about EB 2/II, not EB 1.2. so no Alex.exe. it still is great to play EB 1.2 with alex, dropped my wait for the turns from 5min to less than 1

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seila View Post
    Ibrahim, he's talking about EB 2/II, not EB 1.2. so no Alex.exe. it still is great to play EB 1.2 with alex, dropped my wait for the turns from 5min to less than 1
    yeah, I just realized.

I've been working way to hard on my Calculus
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Blog Entries

I never saw MWII with maximum details and huge unit setting without lagging, when 1000s where in melee and you zoomed right in. Even Rome lags on modern pcs, with mods like Eb and these kind of battles.

yes Seienchin, I've got a P7350 and 4g of ram and a HD4670 mobility, with this I can play Empire TW on high (not ultra), but here I still have lag, with M2TW I actually get more frame rates than when I play EB with the same settings. let's put it that the problem is that of the engine of the game that can't handle the huge amount of troops in the battlefield
    Last edited by Karamazovmm; 11-10-2009 at 11:23.