Thread: Arthurian: TW - The Raven Feeders v0.73 (Mod Folder version)

Default Arthurian: TW - The Raven Feeders v0.73 (Mod Folder version)

-Arthurian: Total War - The Raven Feeders now Mod Foldered!-

At long last, someone with too much time on their hands used that time to covert this wonderful mod into a mod folder version. This version of Arthurian: Total War - The Raven Feeders is complete, incorporating all patches and changes through 0.72 into a single installation. All that is required is a clean install of Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion and the BI-1.6 Patch.

NOTE FROM STUIE:
    This mod folder version is a straight conversion of The Raven Feeders v0.72 with some minimal changes. All changes and conversion work was done by me, so any irregularities that were not in the original version are my responsibility. Having said that, the v0.72 version of ATW was NOT complete - some unit cards and building descriptions are missing, some "vanilla" standards still appear on in-game scrolls, and there was much more work that the team had envisioned doing. Also, I have not included the Music Pack as there was some discussion regarding copyrights that I did not feel were ever adequately addressed. With all this in mind, I am releasing this mod folder version with the permission of Agraes in the hopes that it will bring this outstanding mod to an even wider audience.

INSTALLATION (ATW 0.73 Full Version):
    This is a COMPLETE version of ATW - The Raven Feeders. It should be installed on a clean installation of Rome - Total War: Barbarian Invasions v1.6.

Download the file: ATW - The Raven Feeders v0.73
    Download the file: ATW - The Raven Feeders v0.73a

Extract the "arthur" folder to your Rome - Total War directory ("C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War") along with the ATW shortcut and icon file.
    ***Use the shortcut provided to launch the game.***

Extract the data folder in v0.73a into your arthur folder ("C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\arthur").

Note that this assumes you have installed RTW to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War". If you used an alternate directory, target the installation to your directory and update the ATW shortcut as necessary.

MUSIC PACK INSTALLATION:
    If you want to install the music pack, all you need to do is extract the "data\sounds\music" folder from the Music_pack.rar to the "arthur" folder. DO NOT install any other files from the Music_pack.rar - they are already accounted for. I am not providing the music pack or any information regarding links to the music pack due to the copyright information discussed above.

FINALLY....

I really feel this was one of the best mods made for Rome: Total War and truly hope having a mod folder version will bring this to a wider audience. While I make no promises of further support, please feel free to post bug reports/gameplay issues/whatever in this thread. For additional gameplay information, previews, etc., please visit the Arthurian: Total War TWC forum:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Be sure to refer to the following files for information about prior releases and play information:

Read Me - ATW.txt
    Playing Instructions.txt
    Factions descriptions.htm

ENJOY!!
    Last edited by Stuie; 11-22-2009 at 01:28.

Default Re: Arthurian: TW - The Raven Feeders v0.73 (Mod Folder version)

v0.73a added to opening post. Very minor changes; should be save game compatible.

Change log:
    ATW - RF v0.73a
    - Implemented new loading screens that were meant to be included in 0.72 but had a bad folder name.
    - Fixed a pixel that was corrupt in the map_features.tga file.
    - Commented out some sprites that were referenced in DMB but did not exist.

If you previously installed the mod, just extract the update to your arthur folder. Kudos to Agraes and his reenactment group for the new loading screens.
    Last edited by Stuie; 11-24-2009 at 16:21. Reason: Referenced incorrect fixed file

Default Arthurian TW The Raven Feeders v0 73 Mod Folder version

Id rather want to play the original russian version than a toned down version for the western market, so Ive finally got the russian version of the game, but theres no english subtitles patch on it. Where can those be found?