Thread: Reconsidering my annhilation

Default Reconsidering my annhilation

So my neighbor decides to attack me in nearly overwhelming numbers (almost 3-1 ratio) and I was staring defeat square in the face. I really had no idea how best to set up my defense. Since there were two bridges on this battle map and I had insufficient numbers to defend both--I opted to make my last stand on a hill somewhat to the rear.

Imagine my surprise when the enemy milled around aimlessly, trying to figure out how best to annihilate me when after several minutes of that, the timer finally expired and they never attacked me(!)

Paint me both surprised and extremely grateful!

Default Re: Reconsidering my annhilation

Yes...owari is the sole reason I play with the timer on. AI always seems to have trouble there, although I have had them attack me a couple times.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default Reconsidering my annhilation

There is a modified map that removes that cluster of buildings on the enemy side, which is the reason why the AI gets hung up. Might be an ok way to win with the timer on, but forces you to autoresolve with the timer off Reloading does no good as enemy units still hang up on those buildings.

In any case, as defender, the AI will attack the bridge to your right (as defender) 99.99% of the time with the first wave and you can set your defense accordingly. Any succeeding waves have a small chance to attempt to cross the left bridge.....if troops are too bunched at the right one, fresh enmy troops entering the map may opt for the left one, especially if they're cavalry.................

The tweaked map can be found as part of the Nobunaga's Ambition campaign:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...atid=14&id=661
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 12-07-2009 at 15:33.
    High Plains Drifter