Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameroom Rock/Paper/Scissors tournament II [Concluded]

Default Re: Gameroom Rock/Paper/Scissors tournament II

In the end, Yaseikhaan's wish is granted, his Rock crushing Csargo's throw of Paper.
    Most impressive

DiY's inner monologue now starts to go into overdrive, trying to go through all of the possibilities as well as ramifications. He hopelessly overthinks the situation, and mutters "I knew it" as his Rock loses to Sasaki's Paper.
    You were all to obvious DiY, all too obvious

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    Most impressive
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scissors. SCISSORS.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

The Legislator of Lol Member Stildawn's Avatar

Cent you bum.... You threw the one I least expected from you lol. Oh well.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

BLARGH!

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

lol you guys need to take a course in probability. there is simple mathematical formulas that along with a little abstract thinking and understanding of human psyche that makes it easy to guess peoples moves

my greatest opponent was sigurd who thought as i

and now im a villian....... great

good match though stildawn

this whole game is great fun
    Last edited by Centurion1; 12-16-2009 at 02:34. Reason: yopu gonna lecture people on you being awesome you gotta spell right....

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

How unsurprising

You were all to obvious DiY, all too obvious
    Maybe.

You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Last edited by Csargo; 12-16-2009 at 04:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Blog Entries

Sprig stuck with rock throughout, so I was hoping he'd continue with it
    Last edited by Thermal; 12-16-2009 at 18:13.

Eating Babies since 1983 Member Sprig's Avatar

Nothing beats rock. - I seemed to have blanked out last round not sure what happened i will just assume that I won. :)
    Last edited by Sprig; 12-16-2009 at 21:28.
    Bad.

lolz

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Waiting on Csargo.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Fascinating... in so many ways.

Blog Entries

Day 4 results

In the previous tournament, Day 4 would be considered the halfway point of the round robin, with the contestants finishing their separation period and beginning the final push for a higher seeding. Here, however, there are still a lot of matches to be played. As a matter of fact, by the time this tournament's round robin concludes, there will have been a full day more of matches than the entirety of the previous tournament, playoffs included. Whether or not the returning veterans will feel fatigue remains to be seen, for now everybody is still busy jockeying for position.

The crowd, excited nearly to a state of frenzy, quiets down only as the referee enters the stadium. He acknowledges the contestants and raises his hand in the air.

"Rock... paper... scissors... shoot!"

The first match of the day is between two of our unluckier contestants, Double A and Jolt. After scoring a victory on Day 1 against Yaseikhaan, Double A has yet to get on the board since. Meanwhile, Jolt has had an even tougher time, having failed to do anything more than tie Thermal Mercury on Day 1. Hoping to change his luck with the good old reliable choice, Jolt throws Rock, but groans as his hard time continues. Double A has thrown Paper and thus righted himself.
    Double A defeats Jolt

Up next is defending champion CountArach vs. the difficult to figure out Csargo. It is possible that Csargo could be the Sigurd of this tournament, having so far not attained a streak of any kind. CA is hoping to continue his good fortune and send Csargo on his first losing streak, but it is not to be. His choice of the uncommon Scissors catches CA, who has thrown Paper, entirely by surprise. The Ichigo Fan Club heartily cheers the object of their adoration's victory over the defending champion. CA, meanwhile, is lost for answers. This defeat has wrenched him firmly back in the bottom tier of players.
    Csargo defeats CountArach

The third match of the day is between Stildawn and Sigurd. Stildawn is cursing his luck for having drawn two tournament heavyweights back-to-back so early on (he lost to co-leader Centurion1 yesterday), but is still game against the Dragonslayer. Sigurd, meanwhile, has a knowing expression on his face, almost as if he thinks he has Stildawn figured out. However, it does not play that way during the throws, with Sigurd's Paper coming up short against Stildawn's Scissors. Stildawn cheers his upset while Sigurd is left shaking his head and muttering to himself.
    Stildawn defeats Sigurd

Yaseikhaan faces Sasaki Kojiro in the next match, which is attracting the most attention. Both men are so far in the upper tier of players, having won two out of their first three matches. With Sigurd losing earlier, the winner of this match will be in a very good position to firmly establish himself as a premier player or even possibly the first-place player. The two men stare each other down for a long while before throwing, as the stadium watches with bated breath. Then, it is over. khaan throws Rock. Sasaki throws Paper. And just like that, khaan is no longer a contender, just another player mixed in with the pack. Sasaki, meanwhile, is enjoying the adoration of temporarily being in first place.
    Sasaki Kojiro defeats Yaseikhaan

"Well, that won't last long," tournament villain Centurion1 says to himself as he prepares to face Sprig in another highly-anticipated matchup of tournament heavyweights. Sprig was the only player to win his first two matches, but stumbled yesterday against Thermal Mercury. He is hoping to right his ship, but Centurion is the wrong person to do it against. Sprig's choice of Rock is no good against Centurion's Paper. "First place, baby!" Centurion shouts, thumping his chest as the audience cheers. Meanwhile, Sprig is now far from the first place he used to hold, having dropped two straight matches.
    Centurion1 defeats Sprig

The last match of the day pits Thermal Mercury against Death is Yonder, who at this point is hoping against hope to do damage control and not fall victim to another skid like the one that cost him a high seed last tournament. Thermal stares at his opponent, smirking. His ego was strongly boosted at his upset victory yesterday against Sprig, and he is making sure to keep the momentum going today. Upon the first throw, DiY holds Thermal off by matching his throw of Paper. However, on the rethrow, Thermal correctly predicts that DiY will stick with Paper and adjusts accordingly by throwing Scissors. With two victories in a row, Thermal is tied for third, only one point behind Centurion. DiY on the other hand walks off in shock. He cannot deny it anymore. The unthinkable is happening again.
    Thermal Mercury defeats Death is Yonder

Standings through Day 4:
    Centurion1: 3.5
    Sasaki Kojiro: 3
    Thermal Mercury: 2.5
    Sigurd: 2.5
    Double A: 2
    Csargo: 2
    Yaseikhaan: 2
    Sprig: 2
    Stildawn: 2
    CountArach: 1
    Death is Yonder: 1
    Jolt: 0.5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 5!

Day 5 matchups:

Double A vs. Csargo
    Jolt vs. Stildawn
    CountArach vs. Sasaki Kojiro
    Sigurd vs. Sprig
    Yaseikhaan vs. Thermal Mercury
    Death is Yonder vs. Centurion1

There's no way this should be as satisfying as it is.

The unthinkable is happening again.

Centurion eh?

Maybe I'll get an upset victory

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Good call Stildawn...
    I was wondering if you would go for another Rock to follow my pattern.
    Status Emeritus

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Hmmmm......
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

it feels good to be number one...... even if i am the villian

According to analysts... I still have 1-2 more losses before making my come back

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    There's no way this should be as satisfying as it is.
    seconded, I actually have to tease myself by clicking line by line instead of just showing the whole post, you get the atmosphere up well, GH

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I know you enjoyed that as much as I did CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Blog Entries

Waiting on four players. I would ideally like to resolve this day's matches before I go to sleep tonight (a few hours from now), so if you're one of the four and you haven't sent in your choices yet... please do so!

Blog Entries

Waiting on Centurion.

sorry there in

Blog Entries

Lovely stuff, anticipating this result

Blog Entries

Day 5 results

The grind continues. By this point, all the contestants have settled in and are now battling their own personal demons of fatigue and unease. This tournament is going to be far longer than the previous one, and it by nature will eventually start to exert its toll on the contestants. It is the people that can best deal with this pressure and keep their minds focused that will ultimately triumph. Everyone's started to feel it a bit, to varying degrees, but as the referee enters and the stadium explodes with delight, they dig deep and prepare for what lies ahead.

The referee, for his part, acknowledges the contestants, realizing what they're going through, and raises his hand in the air.

"Rock... paper... scissors... shoot!"

The first match of the day is between two inconsistent, middle-of-the-pack contestants that are both hoping to make a move: Double A and Csargo. This match looks to be extremely even, as Double A has lost to CountArach (whom Csargo beat), but Csargo has lost to Yaseikhaan (whom Double A beat). The fed-up oddsmakers, sick of trying to handicap some of these matches, just label it as a "push" and hope for the best. Initially, their line holds up, as both men match each other with throws of Paper. However, on the second throw, Double A finally makes up for his earlier losing streak and triumphs, his throw of Rock defeating Csargo's Scissors. The question now is if Double A's reemergence into the upper echelon of players will last this time.
    Double A defeats Csargo

Next up is Jolt vs. Stildawn. Jolt's struggles have been somewhat overshadowed by Death is Yonder's repeat of history, but the fact remains that he has yet to score ever since his draw on the first day. Stildawn, meanwhile, is looking to capitalize after his upset of tournament heavyweight Sigurd yesterday and keep the momentum riding. However, this is what makes the tournament so unpredictable. One day after upsetting the co-leader, Stildawn falls to last-place Jolt, his Paper not holding up to Jolt's Scissors after both men initially threw Rock.
    Jolt defeats Stildawn

The next match for the day pits defending champion CountArach against second-place Sasaki Kojiro, in which was supposed to be a match of heavyweights before CA decided to totally drop the ball and stumble through the early matches of the round robin. The question of whether or not CA can right himself against such a powerful foe seems moot, but once again the tournament's magic manifests himself. CA's Rock crushes Sasaki's Scissors, and now Sasaki is left hoping that he doesn't lose too much ground against Centurion, who has yet to throw.
    CountArach defeats Sasaki Kojiro

Up next is Sigurd vs. Sprig. Sigurd looks a bit rattled after thinking that he had Stildawn figured out yesterday, only to be upset. He thinks he has the same route with Sprig, but is a bit more cautious after yesterday's defeat. Sprig, on the other hand, takes careful observation of Sigurd's inner doubt, but does not let it consume him, instead opting to stay the course. This proves to be a mistake. His Rock does not hold up against Sigurd's Paper.
    Sigurd defeats Sprig

The day's penultimate match is Yaseikhaan vs. Thermal Mercury, who has been riding a hot streak which has put him in a good position for the tournament's first half. khaan, hoping to successfully invoke the "immovable object" analogy, throws Rock, only to find that Thermal has appropriately adjusted and thrown Paper. Thermal's streak continues, while khaan finds himself slipping farther and farther into the back of the pack.
    Thermal Mercury defeats Yaseikhaan

Finally, there is first-place Centurion1 vs. hard-luck Death is Yonder. DiY is taking solace in the fact that he seems to excel in defeating strong opponents, as noted by his beating of eventual champion CountArach on the final day of the round robin last tournament and then his takedown of #2 seed Andres, but Centurion has yet to drop a match in this tournament. Upon the first throw, both men throw Rock, which heartens DiY. At this point, he'll be satisfied with a draw, especially against the tournament leader. Centurion, however, bears down and grits his teeth, throwing Paper. His leer turns into a grin as he realizes that DiY has thrown Rock again. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and Centurion is certainly happy with that arrangement. He is starting to run away with this tournament.
    Centurion1 defeats Death is Yonder

Standings through Day 5:
    Centurion1: 4.5
    Thermal Mercury: 3.5
    Sigurd: 3.5
    Double A: 3
    Sasaki Kojiro: 3
    Csargo: 2
    Stildawn: 2
    Yaseikhaan: 2
    Sprig: 2
    CountArach: 2
    Jolt: 1.5
    Death is Yonder: 1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 6!

Day 6 matchups:

Double A vs. Stildawn
    Sasaki Kojiro vs. Csargo
    Jolt vs. Sprig
    CountArach vs. Thermal Mercury
    Sigurd vs. Death is Yonder
    Yaseikhaan vs. Centurion1

-edit- Standings fixed.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 12-19-2009 at 00:58.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Oh my dear god Cent! I never want to have to play rock paper scissors with you !

I am really regretting not being online in time to join this. Hope it happens again. Looks like a lot of fun.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

simple probability my boys simple probability.

luckily i know something of your personalities after being on the .org which simply makes things easier.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My luck's about as consistent as a volcano.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast