Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programmers V communitys best

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (youssof_Toda @ Dec. 06 2002,23:05)]Too bad we can't get a live broadcast in the forum. I can already hear the crowd shoute and spam, either in dispair or in great joy. Guess the replay will have to do...
    Yes Live broadcast, I want it too if it's possible . I heard there's still some problem with replays.

--Bosdur a.k.a UgliRaichu--

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Oh, man, thats 7-10 a.m. my time...on a friday morning when I dont have to be at work till 10...

gah, I don't like getting up early but I cant wait to see the looks of shock and horror when amp unleashes his ....

ummm... I better just wait to see it....heheh

This is going to be brutal, I fear.

How much do I have to pay to take a run at 'em?

I'll start saving today...
    Hunter_Bachus

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

So just one simple question: Who is communities best? Best four single players? Best 4 men team? A mix of it? Just some great names of old times? Probably names that are by far greater than the skills behind?

There has not been a ranking, no clancampaign, no real clanwars, no big tourneys... so who is communities best?

Enough words lost,

ELITEofBomilkar
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

Blog Entries

bom,

dunno, who is the best.....i cant even say if we 3 are "the best"....all what i can say is, tourneys and campains dont reflect the skill of single players
    in a tourney u need lots of luck.

to answer this question, i go and look vs who i lose more than i win....i personal go online and try to pick the best players and play 1v1....

maybe ur interested vs whom i lost more than i won....
    ...easy onswer, noone

but there is more...like what was the hardest loss or best loss, or hardest vict...or wich player showed the best skill (thats subjectiv ofcourse)

many question.....and i would just answer with looking back and count .....and look at the average.

my best games so far was vs nashwan, paolai, cadet and jerichoprime
    i lost badly vs bill or imp, not sure 1 of them.... why i lost? ....i wont lose today, i lost by doin mistakes and testin....but a loss is very good for me

if i look at teamplay, i want remind a 3v3 vs rtk-clan, they did pretty good

but to ur question, hehe maybe ur right...some names are greater than the skills....maybe not.
    maybe u mentioned me too with this questions, so i react, but u can be right, its real hard to say.

there is lots of "myth" and image, suggestion, traditions
    whatever....as long we 3 are active it wont change. at this point im sure.
    I never said im 1 of "the best", someone other said it long time ago....dunno who... ofcourse its very nice if other call u 1 of the 3 best

i always try to be fair, i dont try to be arrogant, i just play and try to improve every day

just 1 last note, after 3 years of playing, where guys come and left, some got good and some got worse....it will be very hard to get called ...1 of the best.

koc

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Talking

The following quote adequately reflects my thoughts.

"To a real warrior, power percieved may be power achieved."

Looking forward to seeing the replays U GUYS MAKE SURE U SAVE EM Have great games and definetly throw every cheat in the book at em. No remorse no regret, they should get to see the ins and outs as the community does.

Good Luck

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

To Koc: Very true. You just expressed many things I thought when I wrote my post.

To all: I want to explain why I made this post. There are several things that made me do it. I ll write them here in no special order just as they come back into my mind.

I want the community to live up again. At the moment there is nothing special going on. The game vs. dev is a nice idea, but its only the whispering of gentle wind in the grass, while we needed a thunderstorm.

The Org has a problem. Many people here, the people forming the Org see themselves (the Org) as "The Community". Sorry to say this, but The Org is not. The community is more, is bigger, is out there playing the game. I think everyone should be aware of this. There are Clans who nearly never come here. There are many new Players, who don't even know about this place. There are Guys that are unknown round here but well known elsewhere. If the Org looks for Communities best, it will only find the Orgs choice.

There is no communities best as you are looking for right now. You look for a 4 men team but I know no team who has been practising 4v4 for a longer time now. And we all know a real team of good players will be superior to 4 very good players acting together in a few battles.

Many people still think they are on Totomi or Green. But this is Agincourt, Patay, Steppesinland##,...
    This is Medieval I know many guys who played Shoggy better than Medieval. Many are still learning about the game. Some are struggling with changes, have problems to adapt.
    But their names give them a "godlike immunity". The same applies to Clans. A Wolf_ or an ELITEof in front of your name increases your capabilities. I met enough peeps who are afraid of names and I have to fight this myself again and again.

Ah yes, one more thing: Many peeps are expecting that this game will be something special. Fact is, the occasion is special, some of the players are special, but everything else is just an ordinary game. It is only what happens online every day. I don't think the replay will be especially good, I don't think we will see extraordinary tactical moves, I don't think we will see some player showing up as a genious. I fear, there is by far too much pressure on "Communities best" to win this game clean to allow extraordinary moves. I fear, there won't be any place for new ideas.

I did not want to insult anyone with my first post nor do I with this one. Any names mentioned are mere examples. It may seem strange to mention all these things now. But in the talk about this battle, in the discussions about who is in the team, all these things play a major role.

More than enough words lost

ELITEofBomilkar
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

BomilkarDate,
    the invitation to play was extended by Swoosh So to the developers,
    If you can find someone from .com or 4below who can beat Koc, Maggy and Amp - i'll kiss their feet,
    frankly you won't. thus i won't have to kiss anyone's smelly feet.
    However - if the developers win...
    yeeech, doesn't bear thinking about...

these guys ruled the competitive ladders in shogun, they are just as good in medieval...those ladders were open to all comers, even peeps who never registered at any forum...
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

i totally agree with u bomilkar (even though it seems like its blasphomy to say so on these boards), that is all i dare say ) (i have my personal opinions of the "elite" but they will stay private )
    Master of Total Battles The no 1 historical battles site

A proud member of theOOOO

Blah blah blah, I asked the 3 who i thought were the best or certainly at the time of me leaving the game, so what of it? no biggie, the devs dident ask for the communities best, i asked them to play some games, If anyone wants to play them just ask Im sure they enjoy playing their own game

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Master of Total Battles The no 1 historical battles site

A proud member of theOOOO

I wont even encourage u with a reply except this

Ok i should know better than to reply to a little flame merchant but at what point have i been an arrogant ,condasending arse ?

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Keep it nice.
    This space intentionally left blank

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Angry

kyodai-britishbeef

I think you should edit that comment of yours. I see at no point why you should attack a Lady. Swoosh-sama invited the developers to combat a group Swoosh considers to be her best.

So Swoosh has chosen her IV like a Prime Ministers XI in cricket it is not necessarily the best players or combination but the favourites of the choser.

Others would like to see 'the best players' or 'the best team' I would suggest that they see if they can form a 4 player team that can beat Swoosh-samas selection. Prove your point through logic, reference or action don't attack another patron.

Debasing what was an inspirational move by Swoosh with her invitation to compete with the developers by slinging insults is not acceptable.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Kyodaibb - you know you can't direct insults here.

Closing this. No big deal anyway as there is the other thread on this subject still open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12