Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Represent your community!

Ill work today to finalise a ruleset

Although no amount of training will save the ca horde

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

thx john.

Its a bit unfair if we get any prizes
    for me its a little prize, that this is possible, when u get the chance to meet the devs online in a nice battle?

so thx, but this is enought for me, just let us play some nice battles. A prize wich would be accepted, would be a small patch

thx again, im sure AMP, mag and me agree at this point.

maybe u offer some prize for upcoming tourneys, there would have be all players a chance to win something, this sounds fair to me.

kocmoc

Kocmoc plz see my post for fridays battle rules in the clan forum, What u think?

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

i didnt found the rulez.
    but i would keep it easy.

13-15k ech player
    lets play at flat ground, as long we dont know how much time it will take, so maybe we play just 1 game and not a rematch

arid

thats all, i would let all players choose theyr faction.

maybe without catapults, so it dont take too long.
    with cata it wil la 1 hour battle.

koc

Ok so lets say any plains map arid 13k army each player any nation NO alan merc cav Agreed? 3v3

Oh and no developer special executable files

Let Totalwar begin

Buddha

a prize

how about this, if CA loose, the prize could be(if possible) that once a month they could get online and play again
    yes

until they win?
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Cool

It's not my normal gaming hours, but i'll be able to make it friday.

I am buying the expansion pack, even if it dosn't benefit multiplayer much. If they do give a free one if we win, that's cool, more money in my pocket. I'll still need to buy a secound one for my other pc, since i ain't got a burner. Also, you might get new cd-keys for playing online, dunno, so i'll need two anyway.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

I vouch for Obake's idea.

That seems the best one to me. However, time is limited and I wonder if this could be pulled off by Friday. Would like to see the devs online more, right at the beginning I did see Gil online many times but not more recently.

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Hail Everyone,

Interesting thread. I think Amp, Magyar and Kocmoc's presence on same team will make the CA units waver before even deploying I know they'd make my men lose 5-10lbs in bodily fluids.

I also would love to look at the Replays of the battle(s). Giljay said it will be about a 90 minute window so I think that a B team is a out of the question. Let them play 2 maybe 3 games. The best part about watching really good players is by seeing how they adapt and 2-3 games would allow us to see this. Also I think that artilery would be a bit cheesy and boring for both particpants and those who watch replays.

Here are a few suggestions to keep game interesting:

1)no side can choose a particular faction more than once (so no 3byz vs 3byz).

2)arid terrain (neutral for all factions helps people like me who like choosing muslim factions)

3)They play first game on high era 2nd late era and if enough time 3rd game in early era (I reiterate no artilery makes games boring)

4) Give them HELL BOYZ and GL everyone in battle (even CA guys).

Also if CA are generous and want to give away Expansion packs I think maybe they should donate 2 or 3 of them to a TWA tournament. That would give nice incentive for people to play.

P.S. I am honored and humbled to have my name suggested

P.S.S. What does that banner say Kocmoc?

RTKPaul
    Also Known As: RTKPaul
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Why no Alan Cav? Whats wrong with them?

They might be a smelly lot, but they do not smell as much as camels. They might be mercenaries, but they are more reliable than peasants. They might be fast, but no faster than Mounted Crossbows on steroids.

I like them. They are my friends. And I think they deserve to get a few heads in their bags too.

Thank you.
    Hunter_Bachus

One Time TW Player .. Member baz's Avatar

no offence intended, but if you dont play online maybe someone else could suggest some rules? if there are any restrictions then im sure it shouldn'r be merc cav but i may be wrong here

Death b4 dishonor the reason ca wanted a b team is because there will prob be more than 4 of them so 2 games taking place at the same time, and yes i havent played online since my time with the wolves in shoggy and mi , thats why i asked for input on the rules, So whats it going to be guy alan merc cav or not? As far as i can see they are very easy to upgrade cheapy, am i wrong?

Swooooooooooosh

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Alans are not uber units, so there is no need to ban them, IMHO
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Ok then 3pm tomorrow 13k per player any faction any unit plains map arid ground enjoy

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

ok, i managed to get today and tomorrow off, so i shld be able to make it, but i'm still hardly a good candidate to represent the public side of this, so unless there is no one else there, i decline.

as for rules, i would think you DONT want to limit what can be taken as far as units. part of this process is to expose any uber units and uber tactics. we WANT these things taken and used. this whole challenge came about because there are things still wrong with the game. we WANT the devs to be aware of these, not just from folks posting on the boards, but from actually showing them the fact of it. this is also why i believe gil said he 'insists' on this stuff being used. so magy, pull every trick you know. drag every 'cheat' out of the bag and throw it at them. this is the chance to actually SHOW them what we do and dont like about the mp game. if you hold back, they'll never see it.

this is also why i'm NOT a good candidate for this challenge. i dont know all the little 'features' that one can use to alter outcomes. you want the guys that know this stuff, down to every little trick in the book, in there throwing them up wherever possible.

i do like the idea of several games being played by the same folks and in all the different periods. this makes good sense.

and as for what gil was hinting at, my guess is that they are looking at another patch, or, if not a patch, then at least a fix for the upcoming ex-pack. NOW is the time to show them.

oh, and do try and have some fun while yer at it. lol. and do try and refrain from too many "i told you so, i told you so" 's ;)

K.

Ok krae so your in look out for obake and monsta tommorow for the b team ok? its too late in the day to change anything

Buddha

One Time TW Player .. Member baz's Avatar

cant wait to see the replay, i'll be in foyer as i booked day off work. is that sad?

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

lol swoosh,

i said ONLY if nobody else shows. i'm serious, let cbr or justy or someone else that is good and wants to play. i'll prolly just pull an elmo, face all my men the wrong way, attack my allies, and run off the edge somewhere. i know justy and cbr and many others can beat me with one horse tied behind their back...let them go in my stead. ;)

K.

RageMonsta

*Shakes dust off sword*...Monsta is ready...although its been a while since Monsta dippied his blade in the crimson cola he will represent with glee the MP %10 market in whatever team he is required to aid.

angry lemon?

Hail Everyone,

I just want to make a clarification on something. Many people are saying use every cheat. I have played with and against all 3 of these people and they dont cheat. It may feel like there cheating sometimes and that they actually have 32 units instead of 16 but they dont.

I think what people want to say is use every flaw in the game. Saying that are best players will use cheats is a reflection on the whole community. We dont want the devs to say we won because we cheated. I do hope they take advantage of the things that are wrong with the game and see Amps single line Lancers in replay cause a chain rout that will make the map look like a reinactment of exodus. Also remember that they are having an office party that day and they would relish and rejoice if we lost. So once again givem hell fellas.

P.S. How about we throw down the gauntlet to .com after this. So we can offically claim .Org home of the Best TW Players.

P.S.S. How about we raffle off the 4th spots on both teams. They can choose 1 cav and once battle begins declare war on allies and rout out. Oh Boy what I would give to be in that 4th spot.

RTKPaul
    Also Known As: RTKPaul
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

well i dont expect them to be stupid and wait for teh singleline rush of knights, some may coma up with teh idea to use some spears
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (GilJaysmith @ Dec. 09 2002,05:11)]I must say this thread makes for interesting reading. If only I were honorable enough to not read it.

I would suggest, indeed insist, that your teams use whatever exploits you know when the time comes. A little pondering should make clear the reason for this ;-)

Gil not CA
    and here we have it

give 'em hell...

(and save the replays - win or lose...)

The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Quote[/b] (GilJaysmith @ Dec. 11 2002,07:14)]
    Quote[/b] (Obake @ Dec. 11 2002,00:38)]On a final note, I did in fact ponder the reason why Gil suggested that community members use every little "trick in the book". My belief is that CA is planning on awarding the community victors (A and/or B) copies of the as yet unannounced expansion pack.
    I'd have to scotch that as the reason; the thought of awarding a prize if you beat us hadn't occurred to us (largely because we're expecting to lose ;-)

Personally I think it would be a nice touch, so I'll ask whether it's possible, but please don't expect a yes.

If everyone is still stumped as to my reasoning, I have to say you just aren't thinking deviously enough :)

Are the format and any house rules agreed yet, so we can take a look and raise any quibbles? Time is marching on...

Gil ~ CA
    Guys,

honestly, i'm stumped...
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Barocca me too Btw guys how did the battles go? I know obake couldent make it

Swooooooooooooooosh

Upload those replays

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Angry

Gah AMP, Koc and MAgy did a fine job of humiliating the CA dudes.

The replay ought to be available now in the downloads ... *rushes off to see*

Gil you wouldent be hinting at a MP patch would ya

Buddha

So, where's the replay ? I'm dying to see it already

--Bosdur a.k.a UgliRaichu--

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

You can find it in the Main Hall. Posted by Magy.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Heh good job. I heard AMP was the star of the show ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast