Thread: Gameplay idea for CA

Default Gameplay idea for CA

At their forums.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Vuk; 01-03-2010 at 02:17.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Default Re: Gameplay idea for CA

Crazy avatar you got there.

lol, I am Vuk, remember?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

You're first idea is something I wished I could do a few times. It shouldn't be that hard to implement.

You're second idea however isprobably impossible with the current engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Making troops and ships tradable, especially ships is not a bad idea. I know I have wished I could do that on more than one occasion.

in this engine so far the player has been limited to only 20 units.

The older engines had reinforcements controlled by the AI but not this one.

I Kingdoms you could switch between units and give orders but for what ever reason this one does not even allow AI controlled reinforcements other than the rare occurrence of an Ally aiding in the battle.

They have always demurred at making larger troop concentrations. I don’t see them raising that in the near future.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    You're second idea however isprobably impossible with the current engine.
    Pretty sure I saw some people experiment a while ago, discovered you could raise the stack limit (though I suppose that would create other problems).

Anyway, I don't think there is anything in the engine per see that says a player cannot control more than 20 units, that is just an arbitary number CA is using for ease of performance and playability.
    "I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." Senator John Kerry, May 4, 2003

"It's the wrong war, in the wrong place at the wrong time." Senator John Kerry, 7 September, 2004

I know what you mean, but if they gave you one panel for artillery that would not greatly increase the number of troops on the map, but would finally allow for real artillery action, something that they never have made possible in any of their games. Because you always have to make the choice between hundreds of troops or two pieces of artillery, it is stupid to take more than one or two units of it in most circumstances. As far as implementing it on this engine, I don't know enough about it to know if it is possible, but I am sure that they are going to be making new engines.