Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of Ruin [Concluded]

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Art of Ruin

In.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I propose that whenever we have something that goes our way, we automatically do a "FIST PUMP!!!"
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

The Legislator of Lol Member Stildawn's Avatar

So the general idea is to break into a Home Depot? I use to work at one... And if you dont care about breaking laws they would be easy as to break into lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    I say we break in if it's abandoned and take useful things like a torch, a crowbar, a bag for carrying stuff in and anything else useful that anyone can think of.
    Yes. Let's do this.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

There are zombies running around, I doubt anyone will mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

The whole city seems abandoned. Finding people there would be a good thing.

I vote we take a quick look at the storage unit place, try the door to the office there, and then decide what to do (most likely, go to home depot)
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 01-06-2010 at 21:00.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

In. Because I have nothing else to do. (LIES)

Take a quick look into the Office of the Storage Depot.... Grab any keys etc, and look over the sercurity in the hope that we can break in.... Then leave... Go across to the home depot.... Grap a brick, rock, stone, hard object and smash the glass front doors (Home Depot's have large front doors).... Go inside and look around....

(Ill wait for your updated post so we can decide what to steel etc...)

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also take the account we think these places are abandoned. If they are normal and open for business, etc, do not break any laws.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

in sounds cool.

Just so you guys know, thr home depot is a pretty decent sized eun from the storage place... its about 100 yards or so.... do you still want the above orders?

Also, on way home now so write up would be soonish... will be up soon as this is clarified.
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Check the storage place first, quickly, because it is closest, then we shall decide about moving to Home Depot.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Check the storage place first, quickly, because it is closest, then we shall decide about moving to Home Depot.

Alright, if there are any objections voice them. I am starting the writeup.
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Take a quick look into the Office of the Storage Depot.... Grab any keys etc, and look over the sercurity in the hope that we can break in....

You start jogging for the storage lot, crossing another branching street also marked Forest Avenue, you make a mental note that this street leads back onto the bridge, and you could always go back that way if needed. You don't bother looking before crossing because you know no cars are coming.

You jog up to the security booth/main office. You look to it's right and see the open gate, leading to the storage sheds, there must be hundreds here, searching them all would be a pain, besides you don't have anything to break the locks... You walk up to the main office area and check the door, it opens quite easily, and you are treated to quite a scene.

Inside the small one room office are several corpses, lying in in front of the door, dried blood pooled all on the ground.

Out of instinct you jump back and wait for them to lurch, but it appears these corpses are down for the count. You step through the threshold and look at their bodies. One of them, the apparent manager at the time of his death, is missing his jaw, and eyes, there is a small hole in his forehead and a large hole where the back of his head should be. There are two other corpses, mangled beyond belief, more of a mass of organs and rotting flesh than corpses really. You forgo searching them and step past them to the manager's desk.

There is a small rack of keys for the storage units here, kept in case a key is lost, or needs duplication, or the police need to search the small enclosures. Unfortunately for you there are only at most five keys here, it seems that in the panic of the recent week or so, people came to pick up their stored items. You quickly pocket the five keys and look around. There is not much else useful there, everything else is in shambles, papers scattered everywhere. You see nothing feasible as a weapon and nothing else even remotely useful. You spy a small potted plant in the corner, and think about picking it up, but quickly realize that this isn't resident evil, and that it is a fern, therefor useless.

You look back once more, stepping outside of the main unit, closing the door behind you.

You are now standing in the middle of the storage facility, you have five keys in your pocket that open up five different storage pods, their numbers are engraved on them. "64, 143, 96, 82," and "1". You have encountered corpses, suggesting there may be aggressive forces in the area, though you are unsure how long they have been here/dead.

Notes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Distance Estimates.
    Movie theater and Home Depot are about 100 yards away, an easy run in one turn.
    You are in the storage area.
    Your house is still around 750 yards away, you still cannot make visual sighting of it.

What do you do, where do you go?
    Last edited by Splitpersonality; 01-07-2010 at 02:00.

Rest in peace TosaInu

How many storage units can we open in a single turn, and how long in terms of minutes is each turn?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I reckon we may as well search the five rooms... While we are here.

I would wager that at least one of the storage units has something evil inside it. Infected rats, zombies, Donald Trump....

If we can open all of them, perhaps we should, but I wouldn't do that without listening and looking for obvious signs of evil, such as scraping noises, scratching noises, moaning, or Britney Spears playing on a radio...
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

How many storage units can we open in a single turn, and how long in terms of minutes is each turn?

You can do all of them at once if you want to, or you could do specific orders such as "listening for noise from inside" or whatever you might want to do.

I'd say the rounds last about 10 minutes or so in real time, traveling takes a little bit. Searching all 5 containers I would have to say takes up around 20-30 minutes due to the need to walk around and open them and their numbers are not really too close.

It's up to you guys whether or not that's a problem of course

Rest in peace TosaInu

I say search them all but listen before opening each one.

IMO We have time to check one or two units before we leave, regardless of how timid we are about staying here very long. It will take far too long to go back and forth; when we leave we may be gone for good.

I have no idea how much time we have before that horde of slow-moving zombies gets here, and I'd rather not get trapped in a unit when it happens. Whatever we do, we should do quickly.

Question: About how far away are the things that were chasing our hero (when last we spotted them) and approximately how fast do they move?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Question: About how far away are the things that were chasing our hero (when last we spotted them) and approximately how fast do they move?
    Since the character technically didn't take an off ramp, he jumped off the side of an overpass, he eluded his pursuers, or rather the large group that was following him initially, unless I've mentioned something else you're in the clear for now. I thought I made this clear, if I didn't well here it is now.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Then I would listen carefully before opening each container. Also, tap on the container first as if knocking on a door. This should take mere seconds, and it could be worth it.

Better safe than sorry. If I were designing a game like this, 1 out of every 3 actions could lead to instant death.

Any objections? If not, that should be our order. But I'd prefer to wait so we get a few more "aye's". This is everyone's game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Works for me.

Let's make sure we pick up both a melee weapon and a firearm if we find both. It shouldn't be too hard to find a metal bat, at least... and some of these containers, as mentioned, might contain illicit arms as well.

I'd say the chances of danger are low due to the blood being dried, unless we have something lurking in wait. How exactly a zombie could get into a locked container is beyond me.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

Then I would listen carefully before opening each container. Also, tap on the container first as if knocking on a door. This should take mere seconds, and it could be worth it.

Better safe than sorry. If I were designing a game like this, 1 out of every 3 actions could lead to instant death.

Any objections? If not, that should be our order. But I'd prefer to wait so we get a few more "aye's". This is everyone's game.
    Aye.
    Last edited by miotas; 01-07-2010 at 03:35.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

You have my aye ATPG

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In!

Aye to Pizza's plan!

And a zombie could have bitten a human, who locked himself into a container.

Here's hoping that the container burned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I'd say the chances of danger are low due to the blood being dried, unless we have something lurking in wait. How exactly a zombie could get into a locked container is beyond me.
    When I was just a wee mini-pizza, I went over to my friend's house to play dungeons and dragons. (Once.... I wasn't a big fan) But on his campaign, he had trees that exploded for no reason. I have learned that dangers do not have to make sense, especially in fantasy or science-fiction or horror genre games.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I like to think this game is grounded in a fair deal of realism

Rest in peace TosaInu

Blog Entries

Aye to Pizza's plan. May he not fail, and bring us pizza too.

...by th way are you guys sure about finding a weapon in home depot? Unless we find a crowbar...

Quote Originally Posted by SplitPea
    I like to think this game is grounded in a fair deal of realism
    A dude wielding a chainsaw hiding in a supposedly locked container might seem odd, but the laws of physics don't say it can't happen. Plus you have what appear to be zombies, so... yeah I'm a little cautious.

We could do things the "hip" and "cool" way and be all badass and kick open the doors of these containers and rush inside fearlessly, eyes blindfolded, while hopping backwards on our knees (as is the style in this day and age), but (grizzled old man voice) IN MY DAY WE LOOKED BOTH WAYS BEFORE WE CROSSED THE STREET, GAWSH DANG IT, AND WE KNOCKED BEFORE ENTERING A STORAGE UNIT!!! Kids these days, they've got no respect for the veterans of games past. I have billions of points to my name, and several trophies, and entire galaxies that owe me thanks, you whippersnappers.

*Begins rant about the high price of gaming systems these days*
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast