Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of Ruin [Concluded]

The Legislator of Lol Member Stildawn's Avatar

Default Re: The Art of Ruin

The diesel is the least ruthless of what I listed and is mainly used as a catalst for the others hehehe, but yes we need some matches.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe we can unleash the thing from pod 143 and lure it into pod 64 or even into the zombies!

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    automatic circumcisers
    We can have a zombie briss!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

All in favor of going to home Depot next and smashing open the doors and making off with useful stuff inside, please say aye.

(Aye)
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Why couldn't there have been some pirate clothes in the containters?

Very well then, I say aye. But on the condition that we talk like a pirate while doing it.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Yup, let's do it. Make sure we pick up a nail gun or something while we're there.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

I think that our sword will be a more effective weapon than any gun, unless we find a shotgun or something.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    I think that our sword will be a more effective weapon than any gun, unless we find a shotgun or something.
    This is true, but it never hurts to have a ranged weapon when our enemies can (presumably, since they're zombies) only attack us in melee. The katana is probably the most powerful, but if we can take out part of a horde before it even reaches us, then why wouldn't we?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Going to bed now, expect writeup later tomorrow after I get orders.

I.E. Around 2:30pm EST if possible...
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Break into the Home Depot store.... search for all things usefull.... Especially try to find high powered nailgun and nail, Calcium Carbide, Fertilizer (AN based), Diesel, A zippo, and some glass bottles

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Make sure you keep eyes open for all other useful items while in there.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

A nail gun would be pretty useless, considering you'd need a hose and air compressor to use it. At least the few I've used have, plus the safety mechanism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

The best ones are opperated by compressed air, but you can get ones that are powered electricity or flammable gasses and explosives, the electric one would probably be the most practical, but we probably wont be able to charge it, and I don't think a nail will stop a zombie* anyway.

*If they are zombies.
    EDIT
    @Split, does our character know if the creatures can feel pain? Because that would play a large part in how effective a nail gun will be.
    Last edited by miotas; 01-08-2010 at 09:47.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Break into the Home Depot store.... search for all things usefull.... Especially try to find high powered nailgun and nail, Calcium Carbide, Fertilizer (AN based), Diesel, A zippo, and some glass bottles
    Add sledgehammer to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    @Split, does our character know if the creatures can feel pain? Because that would play a large part in how effective a nail gun will be.

Can't know until we fight them

Writeup commencing...
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A ride on lawn mower would work for transport.

Also I'm sure there are all kinds of bags and things, pick up a tool belt as well.

You turn and look back at the approaching corpses, and then down at your items which you gathered, you figure that you are set enough to head for home depot, so you begin your jog.

On the way you pass a mechanics, with several cars in the lot, and a deli, with the metal gate open, but the door closed. Both of these are on your right.

As you spot the large Home Depot sign in the air, you look to your right and see Stadium 16, a popular movie theater on the island, you remember seeing Avatar 3D there only last week. There's an unsurprising lack of cars there, the lot is nowhere near full.

You continue running and head into the home depot parking lot, it's a large parking lot, like the movie theater, there are only a few cars here. Something feels strange about this lot as well, you're not sure what but you dismiss it and keep walking.

As you walk up to the front door of the store you look through the window in the front, there are several corpses strewn about, you walk over to the automatic doors to enter, and are surprised when they open without fuss. You pause for a second, to make sure nothing is jumping out at you, and proceed to enter.

Stepping over the corpses, and items strewn about you walk over to the middle of the store, from which you can see every aisle lined up. Several locations stand out to you....

To your left, at the end of the store, is the greenhouse, this would be the most likely place for fertilizer.

Section 1:
    Just before that is aisle 1, where they keep gardening supplies.
    Aisles 3 and 4 contain supplies for the outdoors, such as grills, generators, lawn mowers, patio furniture, and protective work wear.

Section 2:
    Aisles 8, 9, and 10 are at the center of the store, directly in front of you, they contain paint, painting supplies, such as swatches, color samples, and paint thinners.

Section 3:
    Aisles 15 and 16 contain building supplies, drywall, Sheetrock, and tools. Just across from these aisles, next to the cash registers, are the small tools, screwdriver sets, hammers, and the like.

Section 4:
    Aisle 19 the last one in the store, contains all the toilets, and bathroom tools/supplies. I'm not sure why you make a note of this, but you do...

Because of how large the store is, you can likely only search one of these sections at a time...

Where do you go, what do you do?

Inventory
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Throwing stars on hand (x10)
    Throwing stars in bag (x20)
    Kunai in bag (x20)
    Folding knives in bag (x20)
    Bandanas in pockets & bag (x25)
    Football helmet, with facemask (x1)
    Football shoulder pads (x1)
    Shin guards (x2)
    Baseball bat (x1)
    Wakizashi (x1)
    Storage Locker Keys (x3)

I'm sorry that I seem to be dragging this out, but I'd like to give you guys all the choices possible, so that this is as unique an experience as possible. It's not just because I feel like being difficult. :P
    Last edited by Splitpersonality; 01-08-2010 at 21:48.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Blog Entries

Nothing like riding around on a lawnmower hitting zombies with a baseball bat.

Blog Entries

Maybe, section 3?

Blog Entries

Could we possibly look around section 2 and then nab a hammer and toolbelt on our way out?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Could we possibly look around section 2 and then nab a hammer and toolbelt on our way out?
    Maybe, but how useful would painting supplies be? not very I don't think, and what are swatches?

Blog Entries

Oh I meant section 1 sorry. The one with the gardening supplies.

Um where are the chemicals section? lol I was relying on the carbide and diesel, and meths and all that other awesome stuff lol.

Um where are the chemicals section? lol I was relying on the carbide and diesel, and meths and all that other awesome stuff lol.

Well just because you don't see an item in a section doesn't mean it's there, you obviously can't see if there's dynamite in the toilets if you don't check ;P

That being said, there is no dynamite in the toilets, I am sorry

Rest in peace TosaInu

Blog Entries

[I]check the toliets for dynamite[I]

Blog Entries

That's one less place we have to search, then.

The way I see it, we're equipped for freaking Fallout 3, as soon as we get some food.

That's one less place we have to search, then.

The way I see it, we're equipped for freaking Fallout 3, as soon as we get some food.

You guys just need to think outside the toilet box, I'm sure if you're looking to make explosives there are things here you can use...

Rest in peace TosaInu

Blog Entries

WAIT! That's perfect! Toilet bombs!

Blog Entries

Get me a Steam Gauge Assembly, a Fission Battery, a Crutch and a Pressure Cooker, stat.

Blog Entries

Where am I going to find a crutch at this time of day?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Get me a Steam Gauge Assembly, a Fission Battery, a Crutch and a Pressure Cooker, stat.
    I made myself the shish kebab, we need I think a pilot light, lawnmower blade, possibly a lunch box?

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast