Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sign Up

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Default Re: Sign Up

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Yeah, we are. As CP said, "your tribe might send you, etc.". That alludes to the fact that your tribe can do things independently of the other tribes, to certain extent. It's still a confederation, though, and there will be a head, a "higher king" - Verrix - of that confederation (elected from the "lesser kings", the Vollorix... es?, of each tribe) who will have certain powers.

All is shown in the rules, which you can find here. There's an "ideas and suggestions" thread if you wish to discuss them. CP should've had the rules there, but for some reason he didn't include it, the silly goose.
    Yeah, that's what I thought we were doing. I was asking whether my tribe would be able to start in Mediolanium.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hotseat_User View Post
    is the "wolftribe" FM, don't remember the right tribename, availeble?
    Not from the beginning. As we have figured, we'll start with the normal starting settlements and use the tribes associated with them, which would be Arverni (Gergovia), Sequani (Vesontio) and Allobroges (Viennos).

Since we're just 10 people, this would mean 3 for two tribes and 4 for one. I don't think we can have more tribes than that.

*edit* oh is the thought from HunG, to start 10-20years later the last thought? 'cause then I'd like to take a younger guy from that tribe.
    Well, if enough people want that, sure. We'd lose the war against the Aedui, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HunGeneral View Post
    By the way: will a tribal army be made only of units which the tribes "capital" (read settlement) can recruit or any units which they can finance?
    They can be made from any of the settlements that a tribe controls, but the tribe must be able to finance it on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by /Bean\ View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought we were doing. I was asking whether my tribe would be able to start in Mediolanium.
    Not in the post I responded to, which is the one right above mine.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 01-20-2010 at 17:01.

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Not from the beginning. As we have figured, we'll start with the normal starting settlements and use the tribes associated with them, which would be Arverni (Gergovia), Sequani (Vesontio) and Allobroges (Viennos).

mhh if I remember correctly, the starting FL has adopted one guy - or through marriage - I mean him, isn't he is from one of these tribes? Anyway I'm looking foward to this
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

mhh if I remember correctly, the starting FL has adopted one guy - or through marriage - I mean him, isn't he is from one of these tribes? Anyway I'm looking foward to this
    If there is a guy like that in the game for the Arverni, which I have no memory of, then he'll be available for you to play as, but still in Arverni/Allobroges/Sequani's service. You sure you're not thinking of a different faction, though, perhaps the Aedui?

If there is a guy like that in the game for the Arverni, which I have no memory of, then he'll be available for you to play as, but still in Arverni/Allobroges/Sequani's service. You sure you're not thinking of a different faction, though, perhaps the Aedui?
    no, I'm shure, he is an Averni starting FM, I think the Allobroges one. But I'll look it up. sec.

*edit* oh and yes, I meant Belenos oi Lugos, member of the Osi, a tribe from the Volcae - Wolve/Raiders. He seems to be adopted by the starting FL. But I could also be just one cousin or so of this guy. If you - who get this started - want to keep those four starting FM's. I would just love to be member of one of the Volcae tribes. But correctly remembered, one need Tylis/Nicaia/Ankyra for the other one's. There was an Aedui guide which explained, which town is needed for the seperate celtic tribes - but a search didn't help me to find it -_-; someone else can recall that?
    Last edited by Hotseat_User; 01-20-2010 at 23:49.
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Ah yes, now I remember him. You're right.

As for the thread you're thinking of... I think I know which one you're talking about. I don't have the link (but it shouldn't be hard to find: search the guides subforum for something like "celtic guide ethnicity"), but you can look it up for yourself in the edct.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

For those wondering we are just working some stuff out with the mod. There is progress going on!
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

Indeed, The avatars are being recruited. We will do a second signup( a second chance to get on the starting avatars, and a present and accounted for check) on Saturday, then barring any unforseen circumstances we shall BEGIN MONDAY!
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Question Re: Sign Up

okay, how to install? seperate rtw-path with 1.1 installed but not updated to 1.2??? and then fd-mod over it? that is it?

We'll give a mod to enable general recruitment, but other than that, yes, you got it. Just don't forget the 1.1 fixes, all of them should be applied.

Sign me up!!! :O

will do! Glad to have you aboard kingsnake
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 01-23-2010 at 19:08.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Tree of Stone.

Study of the Dying Gaul, a hellenistic sculpture.

A gold coin with spiral design.

These are just studies to practice for drawing the events and kings of our game. From what I've seen, expect lots of spirals, monoliths and moustaches. And you, players, make the game interesting so I can draw interesting stuff!

Influence:

OMG Molinaargh, this is just awesomeness.

and if my char has to invent fe. a spaceship to get U drawing - he will do

hey ho, another question! will you post a list of the fixes which should be *fixed* for 1.1??? I already got a 1.1 version but not touched 'till now...

OMG Molinaargh, this is just awesomeness.

and if my char has to invent fe. a spaceship to get U drawing - he will do
    Thanks, have another one!

Sketch of a celtic sword. The sculpted head in the top of the hilt and the inscriptions in the blade are historical, although obviously not so common.

Influence:

holy Thats amazing!

I excellent work. You've got a seat on the Verrix's personal retinue!
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS

Leave it to the Verrix to decide his own business.

But... yeah. That is very nice. We should be careful not to run out of praise before we even get this thing started.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

I can give you a thesaurus?
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12