Poll: Your Favourite Cusine?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Best Cuisine?

Default Re: The Best Cuisine?

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    American Cuisine is mostly foods from other places yes.... but we made it better.
    Exactly. Pizza is no longer an italian food, it's an american food. They have traditional pizza in italy just like the amish have traditional horse and buggy's instead of cars.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

I've gotta go with American, and I voted Mexican because, as Strike pointed out, Texas food is awesome. Though I still maintain, Strike, that any West Coast "pulled pork" crap will never comapre to genuine NC-style barbecue, which must be smoked all day in a giant smokehouse, NOT pre-packaged and sold in your local TGI Friday's.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    This made me laugh, there is no way in a million years i could bring myself to say that americans improved beer or whisky
    I'll grant that the whisky is a matter of taste (although even the best Scotch still tastes like turpentine), but Beer? I'm sorry, but Europeans have no idea how to make beer. The stuff you cann "beer" is more like a crappy soup, or maybe some sort of sewage byproduct. I feel like I should be pouring it over ice cream as a crappy novelty topping.

Edit: almost forgot, black and white puddings are surprisingly good. But other than that, I would never touch any food that comes from the British isles. Anyone who considers the congealed remains of a boiled pig's skull to be an acceptable dish needs a serious lesson in cuisine.
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 02-18-2010 at 19:21.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Joe View Post
    I'll grant that the whisky is a matter of taste (although event he best Scotch still tastes like turpentine), but Beer? I'm sorry, but Europeans have no idea how to make beer. The stuff you cann "beer" is more like a crappy soup, or maybe some sort of sewage byproduct. I feel like I should be pouring it over ice cream as a crappy novelty topping.
    Thanks for the laugh

As Banquo said, the title of the topic says all. But since I'm obviously biaised, and have to provide a non-nationalist answer, I'll say Italy, Belgium or Switzerland, because it's pretty much the only civilizations that make edible food. Germany and Spain are okay-ish, the rest of the world is a sad place food-wise.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I've gotta go with American, and I voted Mexican because, as Strike pointed out, Texas food is awesome. Though I still maintain, Strike, that any West Coast "pulled pork" crap will never comapre to genuine NC-style barbecue, which must be smoked all day in a giant smokehouse, NOT pre-packaged and sold in your local TGI Friday's.
    I know what you people do and still maintain its not BBQ.

The brisket is the main BBQ meat, followed by Suasge, then Turkey.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

You guys mind naming the dish? It's kind of hard to learn about new dishes if you sort out your list by countries. It's like telling me to pick a restaurant, look at the menu and order everything. Come on internet dwellers. You're supposed to be like the Aliens all advanced and stuff.

Anyway, I don't eat these everyday obviously but if I were to make a short list of food I can only eat for the rest of my life it would be this:

1. Siomay.
    2. Fried rice seafood combo. I like all the Asian variants (Chinese, Indo, Malay, Thai, etc) but usually the Thai one tastes the best. Chinese is too bland. Indonesian/Malay is too sweet. Thai is just right!
    3. Of course fried chickens. The fact that Colonel Sanders catered to fat Americans does not make it any less cuisiney. Sometimes good food can be simple and as easy to make as submerging it in boiling fat. Dip it in Asian hotsauce instead of ketchup yum.

For the most part I usually like dish that has animal products and or unhealthy but not to say I hate vegetables. I love the green leafy ones like spinach and watery ones like cucumber. I am curiously attracted to bitter ones like Brussels sprouts and bitter melons

Dessert:
    4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crepes

Drink:
    5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_Iced_Tea
    Last edited by Weebeast; 02-18-2010 at 21:38.

Burgers rice and lots of pasta, mm mm finger licking good.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

I picked almost everything, mainly because every single one of those options can be included in American. The Chinese (East Asian in general) food here is great, but have you seen some of the stuff they actually eat in East Asia?! Blurgghh...

In fact, most of the food they serve in Chinese restaurants here would look pretty weird back in the home country.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    I know what you people do and still maintain its not BBQ.

The brisket is the main BBQ meat, followed by Suasge, then Turkey.
    In that case, if we should ever meet I challenge you to a duel. Especially if you rank sausage and turkey above pork.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

In that case, if we should ever meet I challenge you to a duel. Especially if you rank sausage and turkey above pork.
    Challenge accepted....You yellow belly
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

I'll grant that the whisky is a matter of taste (although even the best Scotch still tastes like turpentine), but Beer? I'm sorry, but Europeans have no idea how to make beer. The stuff you cann "beer" is more like a crappy soup, or maybe some sort of sewage byproduct. I feel like I should be pouring it over ice cream as a crappy novelty topping.
    I feel I've got to get in on this duelling business too, You sir have besmirched the name of my homeland, if we ever cross paths prepare to meet the fury of a haggis flying straight onto your bonce!
    Pah! to your "beer", I produce better drinks when I go to the toilet in the morning.

Edit: almost forgot, black and white puddings are surprisingly good. But other than that, I would never touch any food that comes from the British isles. Anyone who considers the congealed remains of a boiled pig's skull to be an acceptable dish needs a serious lesson in cuisine.
    What is dish is that?, never heard of anything like that before. Ps if you like white pudding you might like haggis, its kinda the same but spicier.
    Last edited by bobbin; 02-19-2010 at 18:45.

I only have American cuisines, so I don't know what a Mexican cuisine would be like. I do have an Italian Aunt though, and she is pretty nice. Unfortunately she had no children, so I don't have Italian cuisines either...
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Pah! to your "beer", I produce better drinks when I go to the toilet in the morning.
    Jesus, no wonder your beer tastes like crap.

What is dish is that?, never heard of anything like that before. Ps if you like white pudding you might like haggis, its kinda the same but spicier.
    That would be Hog's Head Cheese, as it was explained to me. Apparently there's more to it than just that, but regardless it involves boiling a pig's skull and eating what comes off and out of it. Compared to that, American scrapple sounds like a prime cutlet. And I will be sure to try Haggis given the chance.
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 02-19-2010 at 19:16.

Blog Entries

63 voters, woop woop

I've got to vote other, as Korean food isn't listed.
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Yes but we mean food that's dead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Yes but we mean food that's dead

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

I've got to vote other, as Korean food isn't listed.
    what garlic and rotten cabbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    what garlic and rotten cabbage.
    Never had Korean food? lol, seriously, it is really good.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Never had Korean food? lol, seriously, it is really good.
    Yeah i actually have, my school has a foreign exchange program with s. korea.

its okay.....

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

OMG. People here need to CLEARLY try out Argentinian cuisine. They make the best meat in the whole world BY FAR. It wins this contest top down.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

I really want to try Korean food.

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    I really want to try Korean food.
    You definitely should, it is really good. There is a Korean lunch box by the campus where I live that is run by two Koreans and has food shipped from Korea. I asked my Korean friends if it was authentic food (ei, like food that they would be likely to eat at a place in South Korea) and they said that it was.
    I was a little afraid to try it at first because I had eaten Chinese food (which I still have not recovered from) and made the assumption that since they were so close together their culinary traditions must be mostly the same. :P Luckily it was quite different from Chinese food.

OMG. People here need to CLEARLY try out Argentinian cuisine. They make the best meat in the whole world BY FAR. It wins this contest top down.
    see the thing is my grocery serves argentinian grade beef. so itsa not the food just a well developed breeding program.

argentinian beef is VERY good though, nothing quite matches up, not even strikes longhorns.

Vuk you dont like chinese? strange...... try it again and get like general tso's and some fried rice.

Blog Entries

Why try cow from some place...erm when I live in a place where they outnumber us some three to one. I'm not saying Argentian beef is bad, I'm sure it's great... but Beef isn't something we don't have a huge shortage of. Besides, if it came down to the contest between Cows I'm not sure you can do better than Wagyu Beef.

Blog Entries

Awesome. It's just there are no Korean restaurants near where I live.

Why try cow from some place...erm when I live in a place where they outnumber us some three to one. I'm not saying Argentian beef is bad, I'm sure it's great... but Beef isn't something we don't have a huge shortage of. Besides, if it came down to the contest between Cows I'm not sure you can do better than Wagyu Beef.
    Where do you live. Well Argentinian beef is just so heralded.

Blog Entries

No Korean where I live either, what do they eat? You've said Koreans nice Vuk but not told us precisely what food they have.

No Korean where I live either, what do they eat? You've said Koreans nice Vuk but not told us precisely what food they have.
    read my post. kimchi and garlic. im not even exaggerating that much.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I can say we have a good quality of Beef. I say from experience.

In fact, we almost have not national cuisine, we have huge lots of Italian and Spanish influence in our food. But I haven't had the possibility to travel to Spain yet, I would compare it, then.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Mercury View Post
    Hot Dogs Garlic and stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast