Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2 gameplay thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mass Effect 2 gameplay thread

Huh, It would make more sense, in-universe anyway, if they were energy cells, unlimited bullets dont mean squat if you dont have energy to propel them.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by india View Post
    So err, what happens if you let the council die in the first game? Or if they're kept alive? I mean I'm asking for spoilers here, hope that's OK.....I'd be grateful if someone who's already playing could oblige, with tags of course....
    Nothing major. Whether or not the Council lives or dies has no effect on the game. I haven't played through with an "evil" character on Mass Effect 1 and exported it to Mass Effect 2 yet, so I only know of the "good" playthrough. Making a pre-generated character instead of an imported character will always result in the Council dying.

Council lives:
    Minor dialogue throughout the game, and you get to briefly speak with the Council and Ambassador Udina/Anderson (again, depending on who you choose in ME1) about reinstatement to the Spectres once you arrive on the Presidium. They become so arrogant, it's almost worth killing them in ME1, as they outright refuse to acknowledge everything about the Reapers. They believe Sovereign was a highly-advanced Geth ship rather than a Reaper. Choosing to be reinstated into the Spectres has no effect on gameplay either.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

I finished the game earlier today, it was awesome! I'm gonna totally go through it again soon. I could of sworn ME1 was longer eventhough this game has two disks, I couldn't put either game down yet I recall ME1 lasting longer, I don't know.

I don't like how you get notified for side missions though, in ME1 if you were in a system you'd get a distress call or get a com signal from the Alliance about something they want you to check out. In ME2, if you don't go out looking for it, you'll never find it cause hardly anyone tells you, hey this is going on in that planet or something, check it out. Although I suppose it goes back to the theme of the game, mission first, everyone else second.
    Last edited by Mailman653; 01-30-2010 at 03:13.

Apparently not EVERYTHING in ME1 transfers over smoothly in ME2. When I met Conrad the fan in Illium, he told me I shoved a gun in his face (the Renegade option in ME1) two years ago. My character is pure Paragon, and certainly didn't choose the Renegade choice, so maybe the writers got sloppy about him.

@ Kekvit Irae
    Thank you. I was going to download a ME1 save file you know, so I thought might as well as download the one which gives the best paragon results in ME2.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 01-30-2010 at 09:27.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

The game arrived yesterday, by some miracle of postal competence. I'm 5 hours in. The things I like are all to be expected because they're obvious. Things like how closely it ties in to the original game, the cinematic conversations, the little touches such as my Shepard having a picture of Kaiden in her quarters, etc.

The things I'm not liking, oh boy.

I hate the new interface. Tiny, hard to see, missing information that I relied on in the first game.

The new style area map. Again, tiny. It takes up less than 1/4 of my screen and can't be zoomed in on.

My squad seems to be hyperactive and loves to run off leaving me alone in combat while they stand behind a pillar on the far side of the area doing nothing.

I hate, hate, hate the new ammo system! It adds nothing and cramps my gameplay quite badly. "Oh look, a perfect situation for me to go sniper and support my team as they close in with biotics and tech powers. Oh look, 5 shots later and I'm out of ammo. Back to plugging away with the pistol it is, then. Weee!"

Gun balance so far is even worse than the first game. Sniper and pistol are useful, everything else either does fractional damage or is inaccurate as heck. The assault rifle takes an entire clip to drop a single weak enemy, assuming you burst fire and aim carefully. I used to rely on my assault rifle.

I miss customising my weapons.

[Oliver Twist] Please, sir, I want some loot.[/Oliver Twist]

What's with the waves of individual enemies coming out of a 'locked' door in the combat area to replace ones which died?

I despise the new galaxy map. it's rubbish, confusing, needless, and horrible to deal with.

The new mini games can get deleted now, please, All rubbish, all a pain to play, and all completely needless. I was sick to death of planet scanning before I'd finished my first one, and the other two aren't any better.

Can I turn the tutorial off now please? How about Now? Now? Please, shut up and stop spamming me with messages about how to breathe!

But they wont tell me about the things which could have used explanation. Like how the crappy new mini games work.

Speaking of messages, some flash up on screen for less than a second. These are the ones I want to read. Others in the same type of box sit there for ages. These are the ones I do not want to read.

No in-party banter while travelling.

I don't like any of the party members I've found so far. I've got 4.

Oh goodie, I have some levels to spend at the beginning because I ported my game over. Let's see what we've got. Four abilities?! FOUR!? Each with four levels!? That's IT!? And some of those levels cost more points than I gain per level up so it appears that I'm going to spend a lot of time with the interface flashing and nagging at me to spend points when I can't because I need to save up.

Paragon and renegade points shower down on Shepard like confetti. My paragon bar is nearly 1/3 full already! Aligned dialogue options are everywhere and are always guaranteed and easy to get. Blergh. I got a discount in every single shop in that first major area simply by walking around and using the paragon option, and then waltzed around successfully charming people in situations where it made no sense whatsoever. Those options used to be a bit special, and had requirements before you could use them.

Why does Shepard still move so slowly?

Observation: sticking several zeroes on the price of every item does not make the start of th game epic or high level. It makes it a pain to keep track of how much money you have because someone chose to use microfont 2.0 so my resource pool requires a magnifying glass to be readable.

What was the point of that dramatic beginning? Everything which is lost is handed right back 5 minutes later.

And the big hairy deal which is destroying my enjoyment of the plot thus far: who I'm working with and how it was done. Shepard basically shrugs her shoulders and says "Ok." and that's it, I'm working for one of the major enemies in the first game. A corp which killed people Shepard liked, tried to kill her, which committed a bunch of completely hideous experiments, and was the space going equivalent to the nazis. I'm blaming it on brain damage during the reconstruction.

Which reminds me, the whole lazerus concept is ludicrous even for space opera.

Thought for the day: Why does the game wait until I put the controller down to relax during a cutscene before offering an interrupt? Does it have a sensor which checks if Im still holding the controller before triggering them?

Where are the side quests? I've been to and scoured the citadel, my ship and the first real planet/asteroid base thingy and I've turned up a bare handful.

Why is Shepard and crew obsessed with drawing their weapons in certain designated areas? I'll clear all of the enemies out and then each time I talk to someone or interact with something they draw their weapons again. So I have to put them away again. For no reason.

No mako? But some of the coolest moments from the first game involved the mako. :(

And why is barely anyone surprised or pleased to see Shepard? They act like she was tagged with week long quarantine for a cold instead of KIA.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    And the big hairy deal which is destroying my enjoyment of the plot thus far: who I'm working with and how it was done. Shepard basically shrugs her shoulders and says "Ok." and that's it, I'm working for one of the major enemies in the first game. A corp which killed people Shepard liked, tried to kill her, which committed a bunch of completely hideous experiments, and was the space going equivalent to the nazis. I'm blaming it on brain damage during the reconstruction.

Which reminds me, the whole lazerus concept is ludicrous even for space opera.

And why is barely anyone surprised or pleased to see Shepard? They act like she was tagged with week long quarantine for a cold instead of KIA.
    I am guessing you didn't talk to about 90% of the Crew.
    Most of them were thrown away by the "Alliance and Council" because they supported Shepard's opinion about the "Reapers returning". As you play though the game you will see that "Cerberus" is the only one willing to do anything about them.(As far as I could see)

About the KIA thing...
    I am guessing they didn't see your corpse or something. I recall Joker or someone mentioned that the "Alliance" tried to sweep the "Reaper threat" under the rug(By saying Shepard was KIA right away)."Much easier to blame pirates and slavers" -The Illusive man

The new mini games can get deleted now, please, All rubbish, all a pain to play, and all completely needless. I was sick to death of planet scanning before I'd finished my first one, and the other two aren't any better.
    They are annoying, but are certainly more logical than playing Simon (360) or Frogger (PC).

No in-party banter while travelling.
    It depends on where you're at and who you're with. Garrus and Tali have a really amusing conversation at the Citadel when walking up/down the stairs.

Garrus: Don't you miss our conversations in the elevators?
    Tali: No.
    Garrus: I could ask about your immunity, or what's under your mask.
    Tali: I have a shotgun.
    Garrus: Maybe some other time.

Oh goodie, I have some levels to spend at the beginning because I ported my game over. Let's see what we've got. Four abilities?! FOUR!? Each with four levels!? That's IT!? And some of those levels cost more points than I gain per level up so it appears that I'm going to spend a lot of time with the interface flashing and nagging at me to spend points when I can't because I need to save up.
    Another thing I hated. I liked having a lot of skills, even if they were mostly weapons. It gave me a choice. You CAN, however, research a fifth skill of your choice once you get the research data, and you're not stuck with that skill if you don't like it.

Paragon and renegade points shower down on Shepard like confetti. My paragon bar is nearly 1/3 full already! Aligned dialogue options are everywhere and are always guaranteed and easy to get. Blergh. I got a discount in every single shop in that first major area simply by walking around and using the paragon option, and then waltzed around successfully charming people in situations where it made no sense whatsoever. Those options used to be a bit special, and had requirements before you could use them.
    To be fair, the new Paragon/Renegade QTEs are pretty nice. But... you don't need any points to do them, and they will always work regardless of your Paragon/Renegade status.

What was the point of that dramatic beginning? Everything which is lost is handed right back 5 minutes later.
    Convenient plot point to get rid of all the characters we loved and bring in others we don't. At least Tali is back.

Where are the side quests? I've been to and scoured the citadel, my ship and the first real planet/asteroid base thingy and I've turned up a bare handful.
    There are actually quite a few sidequests in the game. Just not a lot in the first area. You can also find them by visiting uncharted worlds. You'll need to scan them to find them, but if EDI doesn't say anything about "Anomoly Detected", there's no sidequest there.

No mako? But some of the coolest moments from the first game involved the mako. :(
    I enjoy the lack of the M35 "Drunken Monkey" Mako. I don't like how it was replaced by the new galaxy travel system.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing I'll add to the list of things I don't like about the game. The damn fish! You have to go up to your cabin to feed them every five minutes or they die. At least Kelly will feed them for you if you get her in the sack, but that's midway through the game. Fortunately, my hamster doesn't require feeding. I'm going to make a new ME2 character based off of Minsc and do nothing but look at my new space hamster.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 01-30-2010 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae View Post
    Convenient plot point to get rid of all the characters we loved and bring in others we don't. At least Tali is back.
    Yeah, this is really significant with who ever you rommanced in the old game. I think it would be awesome if in ME3, you can pick anyone from the first two games to join the team.

I just started a new game on Insane.....it really is insane. I died more times on the second level then I died in the 30+ hrs of the normal difficulty. I think I picked the wrong upgrade when I started a new game.

Blergh. Got another 2 party members. The biotic I already dislike after her generic angry tattoo girl intro, and the other is a more boo-hoo version of a character I previously liked. From the things he’s saying I now expect him to be a romance candidate for a female Shepard; Bioware do think angst is the main attractive trait a man can have.

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    I am guessing you didn't talk to about 90% of the Crew.
    Most of them were thrown away by the "Alliance and Council" because they supported Shepard's opinion about the "Reapers returning". As you play though the game you will see that "Cerberus" is the only one willing to do anything about them.(As far as I could see)
    I talked to them as far as the game will let me, which right now is 2-3 conversations each. I stand by my comment: Shepard must be brain damaged. As for the crew, most of them are complaining about how they don't like the organisation, its politics or its methods. It's like joining the Space Nazis(TM) because Space Winston Churchill didn't offer you a cigar and ooh look shiny toys!

About the KIA thing...
    I am guessing they didn't see your corpse or something. I recall Joker or someone mentioned that the "Alliance" tried to sweep the "Reaper threat" under the rug(By saying Shepard was KIA right away)."Much easier to blame pirates and slavers" -The Illusive man
    You’d still expect your dear old friends and allies to say something like, “It’s good to see you again!” or “It’s been a while and by the way, I heard you were dead?” They act like you have been gone for 2 days on an out of town shopping trip.

It depends on where you're at and who you're with. Garrus and Tali have a really amusing conversation at the Citadel when walking up/down the stairs.
    So far I've mainly been using Miranda and what's-his-name the generic soldier you get at the beginning. Not a whisper passed between them. I used the DLC mercenary for a bit, found his powers to be a bit crap and his personality grating, so I sidelined him. Not a word from him other than those scripted into the mission.

No Tali yet, and to be honest her earlier intro has completely cheesed me off. It's like they used the relationship from my xenophobic renegade Shepard playthrough instead of my original sweetness-and-light character.

There are actually quite a few sidequests in the game. Just not a lot in the first area. You can also find them by visiting uncharted worlds. You'll need to scan them to find them, but if EDI doesn't say anything about "Anomoly Detected", there's no sidequest there.
    Oh good. Nice to know I might get something other than repetitive strain injury out of the planet scans.

I enjoy the lack of the M35 "Drunken Monkey" Mako.
    I liked the mako when it tied into full missions, such as storming by way along the beach to the cloning facility. Made for a change of pace. In fact I wasn't that impressed with the original game until the section where you rescued Liara; then I started to fall for the game.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

You’d still expect your dear old friends and allies to say something like, “It’s good to see you again!” or “It’s been a while and by the way, I heard you were dead?” They act like you have been gone for 2 days on an out of town shopping trip.
    Most people might already know about it....
    If you didn't kill Wrex in the last game, he is the only guy who acted like that and the only one; who I was really glad to see(in a non-party member way).

I talked to them as far as the game will let me, which right now is 2-3 conversations each. I stand by my comment: Shepard must be brain damaged. As for the crew, most of them are complaining about how they don't like the organisation, its politics or its methods. It's like joining the Space Nazis(TM) because Space Winston Churchill didn't offer you a cigar and ooh look shiny toys!
    It's more like going from "Military forces" to "CIA or some other black ops agency".

And why not? If there was a threat that BIG(Everyone dies from a genocidal race) and politics were getting in the way because its more of a "Bogeyman issue" I would jump sides too.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am still wondering how they vacuum sealed Miranda's outfit while she was wearing it. If there is a romanace option, I think Shepard will have to brush up on his surgey skills to remove it.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

It's because she is perfect so even her suit hugs everything perfectly? ha ha ha.

Most people might already know about it....
    If you didn't kill Wrex in the last game, he is the only guy who acted like that and the only one; who I was really glad to see(in a non-party member way).
    What pissed me off SO BADLY about the game wasn't the Gears of War ripoff, wasn't the Call of Duty health system, wasn't the stupidification of the inventory... no. What really got me was
    Liara going from a sweet and innocent girl to a cold-blooded and ruthless killer with only a professional interest in Shepard (even though the game DOES acknowledge the previous game's romance).
    WHAT THE HELL, BIOWARE?

I liked the mako when it tied into full missions, such as storming by way along the beach to the cloning facility. Made for a change of pace. In fact I wasn't that impressed with the original game until the section where you rescued Liara; then I started to fall for the game.
    The Mako isn't THAT bad on the 360, but god help you if you ever play the PC version like I do. The simple task of staying on the road during Ilos is a test of skill itself.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 01-31-2010 at 01:03.

Blog Entries

Liara going from a sweet and innocent girl to a cold-blooded and ruthless killer with only a professional interest in Shepard (even though the game DOES acknowledge the previous game's romance).
    Have you tried confronting her on it?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I've been playing the game for almost 12 hours straight and I'm enjoying it. Is it perfect? Far from it...the planetary scan minigame is utterly boring and tedious and even on official forums it is difficult to find people who enjoy it. The other two minigames are okay. Personally I prefer them than the frogger minigame in ME1.

I will echo frog's statement that the reunion scenes...could have been better.
    Although Kaidan Alenko's seemed good enough. Him being wary of showing up as he expected a Cerberus attack. Wrex's greeting though was good and I enjoyed that.

I couldn't help but be reminded of what Yahtzee said about Tabula Rasa when he reviewed it over two years ago. Watch from 02:20. While it is about online games, ignore the MMO and online prefixes. This is Bioware going after the shooter-audience and thus simplyfing/dumbing down (whatever you prefer) so they won't be put off.

I enjoy the game, but I miss the RPG-feel. Putting points into abilities and building my own and teammates' characters was fun and I also enjoyed switching and swapping weapons, weapon mods, armor etc. And while I have no problems keeping my ammo supply up, I'd prefer the old system with overheating.

Regarding planetary scans...seeing some threads on official forums there are quite a few who have stated they'd gladly pay 5-10 $ for a DLC that revamps the planetary scan minigame so it goes faster and is more fun. I myself would gladly pay 5 $ actually to do so, because scanning planets is incredibly dull.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Ok, after playing and winning the game, I will disregard whatever bad things I've said about Mass Effect 2 ONLY because of the conversations with Legion and his loyalty quest (Paragon side).

Perhaps we can see the Quarians making nice to the newly-reformed Geth on the Quarian homeworld in Mass Effect 3?

EDIT: Also, here's a little information to get the no squad death ending...

ALL SQUADMATES MUST BE LOYAL!
    SAVE BEFORE YOU GO TO THE OMEGA-4 RELAY!
    Use Tali or Legion for the ventilation shaft specialist. Anyone else dies.
    Samara or Jack must be the biotics.
    Use Miranda, Garrus, or Jacob for leading either of your fireteams. I did this with Garrus on the second fireteam and he was shot, but casually brushed it off. I'm guessing it's because of the loyalty.

I used Samara for the first fireteam and Mordin for the ventilation shaft. Mordin died, so I'm guessing Samara in fireteam = good, Mordin in the shafts = bad.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 01-31-2010 at 07:25.

I'll have to try that, I had one squad member die when I finished the game. And Legion is something else, I really look forward to how they will expand his story in ME3.

Also, regarding Kelly...

It is possible to save her. You need to immediately go to the Omega-4 Relay after the crew is abducted. If you choose to do side-missions before going, she dies.

Finally! 15 hours on and it's picking up. I have enough upgrades that the combat is a little less bad, Ilium is loaded with absolutely brilliant interactions and dialogue (I want that bartender in my party, now!) and the 'gone for shopping effect' may have finally ended. Miranda's personal quest made her more bearable.

I have decided that I also dislike the global power cooldown which replaces the individual power cooldown of the first game. It seems like I am always waiting for my squad to let 12 seconds pass so I can get them to try again (they keep hitting walls instead of targets) or that the opportunity created by using one power goes unexploited because I can't follow it up with a different power for a long time. Or the AI uses a power and I have to wait for 12 seconds to pass before I can ask for the one I need them to use. It also makes power combos next to impossible. I miss hitting big nasties with overload -> warp. No way to influence cooldown times either.

spoilers for a meeting on Horizon
    Kaiden was delighted to see Shepard instead of the usual "Meh" reaction. Then he realised who she was working for and there was a nicely done argument about it, with him saying all the things I have been. Cue massive falling out and him leaving. He sent an email later, apologising and asking for time to get used to the idea of Shepard being alive. AND this when he already knew I might be alive!

spoilers for a person you meet on Ilium
    Liara was also very happy to see me, and didn't act as though I'd been off shopping for a weekend.

It's more like going from "Military forces" to "CIA or some other black ops agency".
    Cerberus are a completely independent, self funded political and paramilitary organisation which likes to perform terrorist attacks, illegal experiments, torture people, assassinate, murder, blackmail, intimidate, and has a political ideology which says "This one tiny group which is the same as us is fine, everyone else is so much rubbish lying in our way and needs to be removed."

It's like going from the army to the IRA, Nazis, Al Quaeda or similar extreme group.

It's also a group which spent a lot of the last game trying to kill my Shepard and crew, and which killed people she knew and liked. And she joins up because the man in charge of the organisation claims they are doing good against an unsubstantiated threat. She doesn't question much, she doesn't demand proof, she doesn't try to join any alternate group, and she doesn't even question their improbable story about the Lazerus project. No, she just nods her little head and goes "Ok." Brain damaged.

What is this frogger mini game people keep mentioning? The only mini game I remember in ME1 is Simon says to hack or open locks. Is it something they added for the PC port?

What is this frogger mini game people keep mentioning? The only mini game I remember in ME1 is Simon says to hack or open locks. Is it something they added for the PC port?

The yellow blocks are stationary and simply block your path with no further disadvantage. The red blocks circle around and will take you to the outer ring if hit. The objective is to get the curser to the inner ring. Harder difficulty locks have more blocks of both colors.

And there's already a mod out for the ammo. It turns the ammo into the pre-release version, which regenerates on its own.

http://www.annakie.com/me/mods.htm

SUMMARY:
    This mod restores Mass Effect 2 to the hybrid ammo system seen in some of the earlier preview videos: you can fire until you run out of ammo and eject your clip like in this game, but you can also sit and have it recover with time.

Note that in this version there is no longer a way to manually reload your weapon, but there is still tactical benefit in that you can choose to either reload a clip or wait a bit for it to reload. Even with no clips in your weapon, the slow reload will still work - but will still be less effective than simply finding a new clip.

INSTALLATION:
    - Drop this in your Mass Effect 2 install folder and it should work from there

UNINSTALLATION:
    - Head to Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\Pc\Cooked and delete Coalesced.ini, then rename the included backup to Coalesced.ini, and you're golden.

FUTURE PLANS/CONTACT:
    - This mod makes many weapons reaaaally unbalanced, especially those with high ammo capacities like the SMG - it simply replenishes ammo too fast, and that can't be slowed down without crippling other guns. Possible workarounds would be to lower SMG ammo capacity or to increase it for other guns. Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 01-31-2010 at 11:57.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Frogbeastegg was the frogger champion in High School and won a few national awards for her abilities.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I see. Huh, glad that wasn't in the console version.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Frogbeastegg was the frogger champion in High School and won a few national awards for her abilities.
    I doubt I've played more than 20 minutes of Frogger if you added up all its various incarnations. Arcade games aren't my thing; too simple, too repetitive, and I don't care about high scores. Not fond of falling block puzzles or match 3 games either. Drives me crazy when games shoehorn in obligatory mini games based on these styles.

Besides, I get enough of the 'frog attempts to cross busy road without dying' thing on my walk to work and back.

I've done a few more hours and I have to say that ME2 is on a definite upward curve. The second tier of party members are thus far more interesting than the first, the personal missions reveal some juicy stuff about the first tier of party members, and the game overall is that little bit more enjoyable. The illogical is being shoved into the background more, and people are finally asking the questions I'd expected to see in the first hours. Scary thought: I completed my Insanity run of ME1 in 8 hours. It's taken twice that time for ME2 to get good.

If you talk to Joker after a mission, you can ask him what he thinks of the crew, and he will give you an opinion of the two people you went on the mission with. Speaking of Joker, I think him and EDI go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
    If you talk to Joker after a mission, you can ask him what he thinks of the crew, and he will give you an opinion of the two people you went on the mission with. Speaking of Joker, I think him and EDI go well together.
    Aye. But also occasionally run past the two engineers. They will have comments on new squadmates, ship upgrades and such.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader View Post
    Aye. But also occasionally run past the two engineers. They will have comments on new squadmates, ship upgrades and such.
    Gabby: Did you know that there's a woman down in the engine?
    Kenneth: If she touches anything, I'm going to go down there and kick her off the ship!
    Gabby: She's also wearing nothing from the waist up but tattoos.
    Kenneth: Oh, well then, I might have to go down there and greet her.
    Gabby: Did I mention she can rip you in two with her biotics?
    Kenneth: Damn it, woman! Stop teasing me!

I love those two.

EDIT: Also, I am sad that the achievements do absolutely nothing in the game anymore. I miss all the little benefits they gave you in ME1.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 02-01-2010 at 01:42.

I hoped Mass Effect 2 would have a similar system to Dragon Age with player profile, achivement lists and so on, on the Bioware Social site, but nope, nothing.

Also, what I've forgotten to write which annoys the hell out of me is that there are very few weapons in the game and you can only obtain new ones by finding them when doing Dossier missions. If I have the credits to spare, I would have loved to buy a new weapon, but nope, not allowed.

Has anyone successfully fired the Cain? I've read that you have to hold down the button and wait for it to charge up. I don't know.....I'm playing on Insanity right now and I don't have the luxury of sticking my head out from behind cover to aim something that may or may not fire.

Speaking of Cain, I wonder if it's a Robocop reference or just coincidence.

M920 Cain

Cain, Robocop 2
    Last edited by Mailman653; 02-01-2010 at 07:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
    Has anyone successfully fired the Cain? I've read that you have to hold down the button and wait for it to charge up. I don't know.....I'm playing on Insanity right now and I don't have the luxury of sticking my head out from behind cover to aim something that may or may not fire.

Speaking of Cain, I wonder if it's a Robocop reference or just coincidence.

M920 Cain

Cain, Robocop 2
    The Cain is a WONDERFUL tool to use against bosses. Just don't use it in close quarters or against multiple enemies firing at you.

Wow, just wrote a whole essay, then went into go advanced, got signed out somehow and lost everything. I will reply again tomorrow. Suffice to say, I only think a few complaints made by others are actually legitimate.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast