Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

Default Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Been waiting for this one.

It's just that, it's hard to feel like an epic lonesome hero, despite all the desolation and atmosphere, when the character walks as though he were sliding around.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Lonesome Road?
    It's kinda worth it... and it kinda isn't.

You're going to get some darn good loot, including a personal version of Ulysses' outfit (it derives it's stats from your Big Four alignment, though my NCR version was rubbish), a unique rocket launcher that has the highest magnification scope in the game, a unique Bowie Knife that puts Chance's Knife to shame and other goodies; heck, I now take my low level characters here just for the sheer amount of caps and mid-game loot they can end up with. :P

Additionally, everyone's favourite eyebot gets upgraded across the DLC to render Veronica and Raul's companion perks pointless and ensure that nobody ever uses Rex again; reloading bench, workbench, SEC/MFC crafter, weapon repairer, DT/laser damage buffer... and people say Boone was broken? :P

The downside? The story is largely naff, leaving matters quite vague as so not to conflict with some of the elaborate backstories that roleplayers have devised; the courier did something, Ulysses got angry, stuff happened... meh, I found that the only redeeming feature of the narrative was learning that Ulysses had a major role in all four DLCs, though to what end you'll have to learn yourself.

Also, the whole thing is rather linear, though that's hardly a downside in the grand scheme of things; the DLC isn't called Lonesome Off-The-Beaten-Path, after all. :3

Gun Runner's Arsenal is definitely worth the download, if you're debating on that; alot of new goodies for all forms of combat. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Now that all the DLC has come out, I am hoping that the $50 it will take for the 4 DLC + 2 arsenal downloads will drop in the steam summer sale. By that point, I think the New Vegas modding scene will be about done with Skyrim out which means that I can start downloading my favorite mods again, now all complete and polished.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

LÖL. I just made a special offers thread post here.
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 10-10-2011 at 18:26.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789