Thread: A letter to Creative Assembly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A letter to Creative Assembly

Dear all,

After checking with the esteemed TosaInu, I am letting you all know that there is a letter to Creative Assembly on behalf of the Total War modding community. Without flaming in any way,and as die hard fans of the Total War series, we are concerned at the lack of modding tools that are currently available for recent TW series games, especially ETW and the new NTW.

This is after repeated promises from CA both on the Sega website and in communications and press releases given by the company.

Many of us feel that perhaps the glory days of modding are now over, as many of the older ranks are retiring, and there are precious few new modders out there with any hopes of doing a full conversion mod.

Frustration with lack of tools, lack of customer support for bug ridden releases make us seriously concerned at the future of both the games and our community.

Having personally been a fan of TW games since Shogun, and as an ex-modder ( team leader of Rome Total Realism, Hexagon Council modding representative and community leader at Total War Center, I feel that we must speak up and voice our concerns and continuing love and hopes for TW games.

If you would like to join us in our letter, please follow this link and you add your name to the letter here.

With Very best regards,

Marcus Cornelius Marcellus
    Last edited by Marcus Cornelius Marcellus; 02-11-2010 at 14:17.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A letter to Creative Assembly

I'd do it if I thought it would accomplish anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

U14 Footballer Member G. Septimus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't do Letters, or join letters in TWC..........

~Caivs
    x2

Big Romani Fan
    Die Manschaaft
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ]

Der Rekordmeister

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

A script bot could do a few thousand spam posts on their forums.

But then again you could yell at Jack Lusted.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Some marketing guy will count the number of signatories, substract it from the number of total sales of the last game, add a certain number for future new customers(and those who signed the letter but will give CA another "last chance" anyway) from the growing gamer market, factor in the DLC revenues, and decide it's not worth paying attention to.
    That is if the marketing guy is bored enough to do it in the first place.
    Oh and if they can find a developer who is really bored because he is not working on an improved AI, they will try to convince him to make a blog entry explaining how much CA value the customer feedback but that they cannot do the modding tools because they have to write long blog entries and calculate sales losses vs new customers.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Many of the problems mentioned are chronic and have been accumulating for quite some time. CA has been adamant in closing its ears when it had judged that it had no benefit from listening as in the MP community letter that went on sometime after RTW was released and was flat out rejected despite being signed by long term fans that were on since Shogun (and many say that in this day and age but not all are what they profess) and involved in many ways in the game, its scene and even its development.

However, given that mods contribute commerically to sales in the long run, there might be a chance that your voice may be heard. Of course CA seem very keen on keeping TW as mainstream as possible and as long as that line persists all fantypes are at the mercy of what "the suits" decide, so do not trust to hope.

In any case promising and then playing deaf will not the first nor the last time, most likely, for CA.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread