Thread: Hayasdan - General Bodyguard Cavalry

Default Hayasdan - General Bodyguard Cavalry

I am currently playing Hayasdan (235 BC) (EB 1.2 installed) and I finished Pan-Caucasus Reforms, well at least I think so. My king has a new Trait "Arkahen Arkah" (King od Kings). I just captured Persepolis and will start Orontid Empire Reforms....

My king and generals still have old bodyguards (Royal Kinsmen Bodyguard Cavalry). When and How do I get late bodyguards?

Thanks!

Default Re: Hayasdan - General Bodyguard Cavalry

That's linked to what were known in vanilla RTW as the "March of Time" reforms, it does not have anything to do with the EB Orontid Reforms. The "March of Time" is triggered when the Romans grow a city in Italy other than Rome to huge city status. IIRC, Capua tends to be the first to get there. So, it may take a while, but you can use toggle_fow to check on their progress. If you're at 235 BC, though, it should be coming within the next 10 years or so I believe. At least that's when it seems to usually happen.
    Last edited by WinsingtonIII; 02-22-2010 at 17:08.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

I confirm everything Winsington said.

I'll just add that you're rarely informed of the March of time event, you should check on your FM bodyguards to see if it happened.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Correct. EB's scripted reforms cannot change faction bodyguards. Only the vanilla Marian reform can do that.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks for answers !

I have one more problem. I can't seem to start Orontid Empire Reforms.

If I understand Hayasdan Reforms Manual I need to "reform" the provinces by tiers, first tier is Persis (Persepolis) and Elymais (Suza)?

1. Have Pan-Caucasus Reformes
    2. Capture Persis (Persepolis) and Elymais (Suza) provnices as reformes start in these two provinces (Tier I)?
    3. Have Type III government in these two provinces
    4. Build Royal Administration in Persis (Persepolis) and Elymais (Suza).

I have problem, because I can't build Royal Administration in Persepolis, it just isn't available. I built ist in Suza though.
    I also built "The Conquerer comes..." in both provinces, still no "Expansion Precursor" available though...

You have to destroy the Type III gov't in each city and rebuild the gov't precursor building (the provisional military government building) before you will see the ability to build the higher level governments. I suggest saving before you do this just in case.

If you can't see the expansion precursor at all, keep in mind that if the city has too many buildings already built in it, the expansion building may be unseeable. I admit I'm not sure why you can't build Royal Administration in Persepolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Naginata View Post
    Thanks for answers !

I have one more problem. I can't seem to start Orontid Empire Reforms.

If I understand Hayasdan Reforms Manual I need to "reform" the provinces by tiers, first tier is Persis (Persepolis) and Elymais (Suza)?

1. Have Pan-Caucasus Reformes
    2. Capture Persis (Persepolis) and Elymais (Suza) provnices as reformes start in these two provinces (Tier I)?
    3. Have Type III government in these two provinces
    4. Build Royal Administration in Persis (Persepolis) and Elymais (Suza).

I have problem, because I can't build Royal Administration in Persepolis, it just isn't available. I built ist in Suza though.
    I also built "The Conquerer comes..." in both provinces, still no "Expansion Precursor" available though...
    You're forgetting something; quoted from the FAQ:

-Build Type3 governments in these cities (Arbela, Seleukeia, Babylon, Ekbatana, Charax, Susa, and Persepolis)
    -Build (persiapart) in these cities (Susa and Persepolis)
    = (Subjugation resources will appear in Susa, and Persepolis)
    Notice that you must also have a type 3 gov in Arbela, Seleukeia, Babylon, Ekbatana, Charax in addition to Susa and Persepolis.
    That means you must kick the AS out of their homeland before you can start the Orontid Reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Poulp' View Post
    You're forgetting something; quoted from the FAQ:

Notice that you must also have a type 3 gov in Arbela, Seleukeia, Babylon, Ekbatana, Charax in addition to Susa and Persepolis.
    That means you must kick the AS out of their homeland before you can start the Orontid Reform.
    Splendid!

There is no mention of this requirements in .pdf Manual for Hayasdan reforms. I will try with instructions above as I already conquered all those provinces...

What is Persiapart BTW?
    Last edited by Naginata; 02-27-2010 at 00:34.

Either Royal Administration or "The Conqueror Comes..." I don't remember which.

Persiapart is probably "The Conqueror Comes..." because it is a "part 1" building so to speak, in that later you will have to build the "part 2" of "...And Brings Peace and Order."

well, since Royal Administration is required to build "The Conqueror Comes...", it doesn't really matter.

Hello Mr. Naginata.

I suspect that a building built by former owner of Persepolis (Arche Seleukeia) prevent you from build royal administration (Arkaiakan Ghekavarutsiun) in that city.

The Seleucid may have built Katoikiai ("homes for military settler" building), then upgraded it to Klerouchiai ("land for military settler") building.

Katoikiai ("homes for military settler" building) is the building that equal to the royal administration (Arkaiakan Ghekavarutsiun), while the upgrade for Katoikiai [Klerouchiai ("land for military settler")] is not the equivalent for the upgrade for royal administration (that is [Ashxarakalu Galise.... (the conquerer comes...)]) .

If the Seleucid have built Katoikiai ("homes for military settler" building) in the city that have been conquered by Hayasdan, you can proceed with the upgrade [Ashxarakalu Galise.... (the conquerer comes...) building] in that city.

but, if Katoikiai have been upgrade to Klerouchiai, you cannot build "the conquerer comes...", therefore you must destroy Klerouchiai, then build royal administration (Arkaiakan Ghekavarutsiun) before upgrade to [Ashxarakalu Galise.... (the conquerer comes...).

That reason maybe explained that why you can build TCC in Susa, but you cannot built TCC in Persepolis.

A while ago I am playing Hayasdan campaign and I have finish Persian-reform, and now I have finish the campaign, if you upgrade several city in the east part of the reform-tier to gov2, then the homeland resource will be appear at Susa and Persepolis, and you can upgrade both cities to gov1.

I pray that it can help you with your Persian-Reform. good luck!!!