Thread: Question on creation of ships via create_unit

Default Question on creation of ships via create_unit

Now, the deceitful Carthaginians took Emporium and has thus clearly crossed the Ebro as we agreed in our pece negotiations after the 1st Punic Wat that they should not. So it is 220 BC and I am in my 2nd Punic War as Rome with have three Scipio brothers conquering the Carthaginian holdings in Iberia. I will "move_character" a Carthaginian FM to Italy in a year or two to be Hannibal and loose some armies to him. So as close to history as I can.

My only problem is that despite me "add_money"-ing them about two mil they still refuse to build ships. They have no navy at all, so if I want some of the epic naval struggles I must cheat in some way. However, I cannot create_unit any ships in their cities and create_unit xxx,xxx for a tile loc does not work. Does anyone know how I can create a viable Carthaginian navy?
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Default Re: Question on creation of ships via create_unit

I guess you could switch factions to become the Carthaginians and build the ships manually yourself? And then switch back to Rome once you've built them.

There might be an easier solution I am not thinking of though.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

That may be my best option.

This post describes how. It also claims that you can spawn Hannibal (or Caesar or whoever), how to do that and give them the attributes we want?
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

I tried changing factions, worked like a charm. However, I could not change back to the Romans, so I had to reload and make do without naval battles :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    I tried changing factions, worked like a charm. However, I could not change back to the Romans, so I had to reload and make do without naval battles :-(
    Why couldn't you change back to the Romans? I thought you could switch back in the same way?

P.S. I may have a solution to your question on creating Hannibal, I posted it in the Change Faction thread.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

Thanks, will look. I have no idea why, I have had problems trying to change to Rome earlier as the Romans were in need of some direction. I could not then either, I assumed I did something wrong, but changing to Carthies worked easy. I tried to Macs as well just to check, and they did not work either.

The heart of evil, to some known as Moscow

just an other question concerning console commands: is there a way to create certain buildings?