I'm having serious Gentlemen issues. As United Provinces, I started conquering regions that had schools right from the start. Had Gentlemen spawn quickly, after upgrading observatories and colleges. Got to six with 5 schools around turn 30. However, since then, with the addition of several more schools, more observatories and the like, no new gentlemen. I have 13 schools in 10 different regions, including Americas and India, but the same 6 guys researching in groups of two in three schools in Europe. I've built schools in towns that have developed, I've torn down Maratha Universities and rebuilt, still no spawning. I have rakes (7), missionaries (8), but the same gentlemen I had from the beginning. I'm to turn 97 now, my gentlemen are all in their mid to late sixties, and most of the technology tree is done, so I'm going to be converting these colleges that don't have anything to do for more productive things (bawdyhouses and industry), but for my next game, any ideas? Anything I did wrong? I have Gentlemen envy for some of these posters who have "only" 11 or 12. Shame. I would like some help with other people's experience. Should I not capture regions with universities? What the heck is wrong? I appreciate your input, much love.