Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shadow Fort [Concluded]

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: The Shadow Fort (sign ups)

Makes a note of Pizza and Csargo's post counts.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Asks TosaInu to wipe my post count

Note to self: Switch back to Askthepizzaguy if it looks like "Csargo" will get lynched. Can't be too careful.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

vote: Csaskthepizzargo

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, we've currently got 41 players, which should make for a nice game.

Sign ups will close in 12 hours and 45 minutes (Or 8am PST). Between then and now I'm going to make final preparations. After that I'll get the game started and we'll be off!

Edit: ATPG, you're on if I get $1000.

CR
    Last edited by Crazed Rabbit; 03-09-2010 at 04:26.
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I seem to remember that Ichigo was originally the Csar. My respects to the Godfather

I don't think I can resist. count me in. Or on a replacement list, since I think I'm fifteen minutes too late to be in.
    Last edited by autolycus; 03-09-2010 at 17:17.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    Edit: ATPG, you're on if I get $1000.

CR
    I'll give you 1,000 scumpoints.

Scumpoints are redeemable if you've been caught as mafia and you want to bribe me to do something, like accuse someone else, randomly switch my vote, or vote for a specific person.

Accusation: 50 scumpoints
    Random vote switch: 100 scumpoints
    Specific vote switch: 200 scumpoints

Also, I won't ever mention the transaction for an extra 50 scumpoints. I'll not vote for you for the rest of the game for 500 scumpoints.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's cut down the spam, please.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Blog Entries

Okay, sign ups are closed.

I'll let autolycus in, though he was 15 minutes late, only because Bruce Campbell is awesome.

So, the list will be put together, roles will be determined, PMs will go out, and the game will begin in the day phase with a lynch vote (no-lynch votes will be an option).

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    I'll let autolycus in, though he was 15 minutes late, only because Bruce Campbell is awesome.
    Oh.. this reminds me Xena...

Good times.. good times

Blog Entries

Roles have been determined, and now PMs are going to start going out.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

Blog Entries

The Shadow Fort

Gerard, the commander of this fort, had seen many winters in these mountains. Most of the days were bitter - cold, short, with heavy snow everywhere. Dirt became mixed into the snow. Uncaring travelers came and went, oblivious to the hardships and labor of his soldiers. Steadfastly he gazed from the small window in his chambers to the vast expanse of mountainside.

In winter he saw the coldness of humanity laid bare. It only took a change in temperature and season for man to stop caring about others, to give an extra shove moving through the market, to look away from the wagon stranded in frozen mud.

"Do you think I am too cynical?" he asked.

"No - at least, not more cynical than most", replied Hans, his trusted lieutenant.

Gerard sighed, lowering his gaze from the new layer of snow to the letter in his hand. Overnight a great snow storm had passed through. What had been a mixture of snow, dirt, muck, and dead plants was now a gentle white. He had once felt joy at such a sight. Now he only became more bitter.

"Perhaps it is this letter," Gerard said, solemnly.

"Ah, the one from the royal court - what's it say?"

"There are Turkish spies in our fort. At least, the generals seem as sure of this as anything else."

"That is troubling. What will you do?"

"We have to eliminate the spies quickly, so I'm going to encourage everyone in this fort to select someone to be executed until we've found them all."

"Why not just have your troops just arrest everyone?"

"I - well, the problem is that the barracks records have been misplaced, or stolen, or never written down in the first place."

"Well that's convenient."

"A list was never needed until now - and with all the new transfers, I hardly recognize anyone. Plus, since all the travelers have swords these days and everyone's wearing heavy coats against the cold, all the people look alike."

"That is really damned convenient."

"Thanks for your magnificent insight, Hans."

"You can't really blame me, remember."

Gerard was motionless for a moment, then nodded and looked back out to the snow. After a long time, he spoke again;

"Well, time to catch some Turks then."

With that, Gerard strode out to the lower court to make the announcement. Hans stayed behind, first watching Gerard leave, then silently turning to look at the snow.

**************************************************************************************

Being told that you are going to make up a mob who will decide to execute people based on suspicion is not something most Austrians were used to hearing. Or, for that matter, any of the other nationalities listening. Even the spies themselves were a bit surprised. Usually no one started hanging people until they had killed someone. They almost felt taken advantage of. It was 1610; four years since the war had ended. Surely paranoia didn't run this deep?

But the commander was adamant, and so the travelers and others began looking around them. They had come to this fort to rest as they traveled. It was a safe haven, where they could sleep in a bed that wasn't freezing and eat somewhat warm food. Many looked up at the stone fort they were in and no longer saw protective fortifications, but stone prison walls. The people assembled were normal men, or women, and expected certain things out of life. One prominent thing that popped to mind was not having an angry mob condemn you to death when you've done nothing worth execution in your life. A couple people felt cheated - they had done good to avoid execution, and now they faced being lynched without being able to reap any ill-got gains from wrongdoing! Perhaps that gypsy - and here we are talking about one traveler in particular - really did make good on her threat to curse him for knocking her soup into the fire for spite.

All realized now that somewhere in that crowd were some spies who wanted to kill them. This filled many with great fear. It is fortunate for those people they did not know the true extent of their situation.

The Game Has Begun.

Vote now to lynch those you believe to be Turkish spies. Remember to bold your votes, and do not edit posts with votes in them. No lynch votes will be possible, and a no lynch result is possible.

The day phase will end 24 hours from now (11 pm PST, March 10). Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Ibn-Khaldun

To test my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Vote:Sasaki

Theory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Appoint:TinCow

I suggest that instead of voting this round, we appoint someone as a day 1 leader. They decide who to lynch and then we all vote that person. Day 1's that start with an election usually go faster than one's that start with a lynch.

Blog Entries

Also, a note on forming groups.

Four travelers can form a group and attack or defend someone.

Three soldiers can do the same.

Two warriors can form a group to attack someone.

In all these cases, someone of higher (Warrior is higher than soldier is higher than traveler) rank can join a group of lower ranked people and substitute for a lower ranked player.

So, a soldier could join a group of three travelers so there would be four people total. The soldier is substituting for a traveler. The group would still function as a traveler group (i.e. not as well as a soldier group). A warrior could also join a group of two soldiers to form a soldier group.

Any questions?

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    I suggest that instead of voting this round, we appoint someone as a day 1 leader. They decide who to lynch and then we all vote that person.
    Why would we want to lynch the person we just appointed?

Day 1's that start with an election usually go faster than one's that start with a lynch.
    *checks watch* Nope, still the same amount of time.

[/wiseguy]
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 03-10-2010 at 08:10. Reason: votes can't be edited! D'oh.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: The Shadow Fort (In Play)

And here we go with the no edits... vote: Methos based on the infallible eeny meeny miney moe method. Also, method sounds like Methos. So that's two reasons.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: The Shadow Fort (In Play)

I'm gonna get in quick and vote: johnhughthom before he has a chance to vote for me.

Blog Entries

Vote:Beefy
    I am so predictable.

Blog Entries

Beefy and what theory would that be?

Since it's the first day I .. Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

Throwing suspicion towards Beefy and then launching a seemingly harmless Sasaki bandwagon. Your action seems t me like a standard mafia behaviour, so Vote: Ibn-Khaldun
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

1.Mafia are the most eager one to play the game.
    So desperate to play that he posts before the starting write up.

2. By doing that vote with a strange reason, at least 3 player will post how confused they are.

3. And at least one player will vote me for it.

Thats right. Your all so predictable

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Beefy is my lord and master.

vote: Ibn-Khaldun
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post

2. By doing that vote with a strange reason, at least 3 player will post how confused they are.

I voted for you because I make a point in every game I play to vote for the person who casts the first vote, just to stir up conversation and get the ball rolling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post

1. I made a post 5 hours before CR stated that he had sent his role pm's.
    So, this hardly shows anything.

2. Umm, this is the first round. Unless you know exactly who the mafia is you pick a random person who you vote. At least I do it. Have done in previous games and will do it in future.

Blog Entries

Don't over react to anything said on round 1 Ibn. I'm just joking.
    I'm for Sasakis plan, but all players should say something at least once before doing that.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Vote: No lynch?

Thats allowed right? I'll look later, when I have time.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

random vote double a

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

2 cute to execute Member Joooray's Avatar

I heard that no lynch is frowned upon (also it stirs hefty discussions), so I guess a random Vote: Psychonaut is in place.

Supreme Victory, The Shadow Fort
    © Crazed Rabbit

Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast