Thread: Optimas/Popularis Quick Question

Default Optimas/Popularis Quick Question

OK, I understand the logic behind both traits, all I need to know is:

Is it possible to lose either of these traits, or are both for life, once attained?

....main reason I ask, being that I've been "working" on a couple of S/C/V youngish generals, to get them some stars (both now have 3 each), but one just aquired Optimas. The other has neither trait yet.

Btw, I know about the Ceres temple line giving a higher chance of Popularis..

Thanks.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Default Re: Optimas/Popularis Quick Question

They are for life as far as I know ( I've never lost any of those traits).

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

You should know by now that a trait is for life and not just for Christmas.

My family members seem to cling on to their "useless throbber" trait.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntonineWall View Post
    You should know by now that a trait is for life and not just for Christmas.

My family members seem to cling on to their "useless throbber" trait.
    Not all traits are for life though.

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur, king of the Britons View Post
    Not all traits are for life though.
    For example, the season traits which affect how far units can move. -M
    My Balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Mulceber View Post
    For example, the season traits which affect how far units can move. -M
    Or the battle traits, psicological trait etc... Is their really a need to name them? the point was made
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

BTW can someone confirm that the Optimates and Popularis traits are permanent? Because it was a while since I played as SPQR and I didn't play as them for long.

Pretty sure they are - which actually is a shame, since there were several people like Pompey, Crassus and Catiline who vacillated between the two. -M
    My Balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Mulceber View Post
    Pretty sure they are - which actually is a shame, since there were several people like Pompey, Crassus and Catiline who vacillated between the two. -M
    Ok. I agree it's a damn shame.

A side question. What are the condicions for someone to get this two traits? I have all other conditions for the Marian reforms, but i'm waiting for my populares consul. I have about 5 guys that are S/C/V and Consuls-ex consuls, but they are all Optimates... Makes me hate them...
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    A side question. What are the condicions for someone to get this two traits? I have all other conditions for the Marian reforms, but i'm waiting for my populares consul. I have about 5 guys that are S/C/V and Consuls-ex consuls, but they are all Optimates... Makes me hate them...
    I just got the reforms in 165BC. I had god knows how many theoretical candidates, all of which were Patricians. I worked them well, got their command stars up, had them build The Ceres Temple line and govern said cities, BUT......they all became Optimas, excpet two who became neither, and are still neither (one went to his grave as neither, but I suspect sometimes traits just aren't shown in a FM's card, if he has too many. I noticed this for the first time, while intently studying every message)..

No-one lost either of Optimas or Popularis once gained in my game, but the ONLY ones to get Popularis were Plebians, how ever hard I tried...I had Consuls falling like rain at one point. 10 in around 8 years! Doesn't help though, when they're all Optimas...

Anyways, I eventually got a 17 yr old S/C/V plebian guy, who was also unselfish/optimistic and loyal. Milked a few choice ancilliaries off others for him, sent him off to fight in Gaul. He came back with 4 command stars, celebrated a triumphus, got popularis. Carefully watched and manouvered him every turn after that ( a lot of turns), he kept getting better and better right up to 10 Man/10 Inf 4 star, and on his 42nd birthday (at minimum age for the post), he was made consul......:) 2 turns later the reforms kicked in....

Tomorrow, the two super powers, Rome and Ptol, will start a war for the known world. They hold virtually all of Africa, plus almost all of the old Selucid territories, plus South Anataloya. I own most of Europe to the Bosphorus, minus the Sweboz and Getai lands.

It should be epic.

But Now I'm going to bed for quite a while ;)

Really an addition to the above: I meant 156 BC not 165, and whoever told me that 42 was min age for Consul was incorrect:-Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Consul..jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	436

This Fm got it at 37, and another Plebian !