Thread: Mafia game ad: The Shadow Fort

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mafia game ad: The Shadow Fort

The old fortress seemed to linger in the pre dawn darkness longer than the ground around it, as though the cold of the winter night gripped tightly to the red stonewalls. Centuries ago, it had been said that the sun was drawn to it, and that it shone like a beacon. It had been built as testament to the engineering skill of the king’s army, to dominate a strategic valley.

Now the importance of its location was as outdated as the walls. No armies marshaled around it as they once had; it served as a waypoint for travelers and a minor outpost.

There was a great enemy to the south, undefeated in open battle. But the border was many miles away, and if that empire managed to march this far, it would roll over this fort. The few cannons on the battlements were no deterrent; they would crumble under the assault of newer, larger artillery.

Or perhaps the enemy would simply ignore it. Only a handful of soldiers garrisoned it, and they would be unable to hold the fort or strike at a passing army.

Only one resource was guarded by the fort; information. What had been roads and lands of strategic importance now held information that had traveled from many parts of Europe. The soldiers of the fortress kept track of all the information that passed through on the tongues of the many travelers.

This had not gone unnoticed by the enemy though. Unable to force armies deep into the lands of his opponent, he instead sent a small team of skilled infiltrators to gain control over the fort.

Hidden among the many travelers who passed through, they easily snuck inside. And on this dawn, they looked to the north and saw great storm clouds moving south. Many sets of eyes saw this. Some smiled under gleaming eyes.

Snow was coming to the fort, snow that would bury the entire earth in a mantle of white. The spies knew that everyone at this fort would awaken to a new world tomorrow, one that was transformed as though God himself changed the nature of the land.

One that no one could escape until the snow melted.

What’s special about the Shadow Fort?
    There are a lot of special roles. So many special roles, in fact, that basic townies will compose less than 35% of the characters! And every role can perform actions during the night.

These special roles all belong to different factions fighting amongst themselves in the background of the main town and mafia fight. The roles are designed so that the factions won’t join either the town or the mafia team.

Crazed Rabbit, host extraordinaire, has devised a new hybrid town to mafia conversion system (and conversion systems so townies can join one of the other factions!) that allows town members to choose to join the mafia but prevents them from betraying the mafia.

Finally, there will be an exciting new probability system for attacking and defending (and many other nefarious night actions!) other players at night. Though some actions are more probably than others, the final results will be determined using randomly generated numbers.

For more information, questions, and to sign up head on over to the thread in the gameroom!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Default Re: Mafia game ad: The Shadow Fort

i recommend to everyone to sign up for this game it promises to be great fun and th emore people the better.

can i post in this thread...... if not please delete me.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia game ad: The Shadow Fort

Of course you can post here (I think).

Also, for anyone thinking about looking, there's a very nice, much larger and more detailed picture in the main thread, and all you have to do to see it is head over there!

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder