Thread: Missing Seleucid Unit-Hellenic Elite Spearmen

Default Missing Seleucid Unit-Hellenic Elite Spearmen

I have played EB for several months now, but I had to recently redownload and install it on my computer. I am playing as the Seleucids and I have built the appropriate buildings but I am not able to recruit the Hellenic Elite Spearmen, have they been removed or changed recruitment parameters?

Default Re: Missing Seleucid Unit-Hellenic Elite Spearmen

I think they're tied to the Adoption of Kataphract Reform.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierjz View Post
    I have played EB for several months now, but I had to recently redownload and install it on my computer. I am playing as the Seleucids and I have built the appropriate buildings but I am not able to recruit the Hellenic Elite Spearmen, have they been removed or changed recruitment parameters?
    Welcome to the org cavalierjz. Are you refering to the Argyraspides or the Thorakitai Agematos Basilikou?
    If you are talking about the latter they are only available after the cataphract reform.

Default Missing Seleucid Unit-Hellenic Elite Spearmen

Those are the guys I am referring too, thanks for the answers guys I really appreciate it.

OH and thanks for the welcome!
    Last edited by Ludens; 03-07-2010 at 15:13. Reason: double post

The heart of evil, to some known as Moscow

Those guys make the reform imo more necessary then the cataphractoi do. they just kick asse, and even more important its nearly impossible to kill them, therefore they are the perfect unit for assaulting cities; you will love those, when u get them!