Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WWI: Clash of Empires - Discussion thread [Concluded]

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The 'World War One' game - pregame discussion, questions&answers etc.

Be quiet you barbaric Saxon! I don't need your annoying taunts this game!

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The 'World War One' game - pregame discussion, questions&answers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    When do we get the giant PDF rulebook?
    Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    IBn this is like a massive video game how are you going to do it?

And da as the ottomans you don't progress beyond flintlocks duh
    You have 6 days for diplomatic declarations/announcements in the game thread. Private diplomacy can be done all the time.
    After that you'll have 2 days to send me your orders.
    Me, john and w&f will follow the orders in the next 6 days.
    So, it would take 2 weeks to complete 1 turn.
    I predict there will be some confusion during the first 2 turns(how to move, where/what to build etc).

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not to sound wrong, but isn't 2 weeks, a little slow?

At what rate are we moving at? Because if it is like 2 weeks for one turn of Thirty Years War, then it will be at a pretty unbearably slow pace, especially as people lose interest and just sat there waiting for the turn to end, as there is nothing for them to do.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And since this game is only 5 days from start, shouldn't it be moved to the straight section?

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

we could shorten players turns to send in orders. Britian could do theirs in three to four days; cant speak for the continental players........

and i disagree beskar. im in concert of europe and its phases are like three weeks and the game is nowhere near as stimulating as this (no map tactics, economoy really) Resident evil phases lasted quite a long time.

Blog Entries

Thank you GH for moving this thread!

Anyway, USA, France, Germany and Austro-Hungarian Empire are still open.
    Also, I remind you that - "the more the merrier". So, call a friend to join the game. This makes the game easier for you and also for us, hosts, because there will always be at least one person who can send in their orders.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My apologises, I am withdrawing.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

That means Russia, USA, France, Germany and Austro-Hungarian Empire are available!

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I invite anyone who wants to play Italy to join me here. Don't hesitate!

Honestly, I'll be starting Brawl Royale in a week so whoever is on my team will probably be taking a more active role than me.

Also, I might point out Italy's advantageous position of being both a member of the Triple Alliance (with Germany, Austria) and then later of the Allied Powers (with U.S., Britain, France, Russia). So technically it's completely in-character to stay neutral for the first few turns and build up, and then pick the winning side!
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

No one starts off allied. Just like in 30YW

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be playing as Assistant/ Diplomat of Double As Ottoman Empire
    I won't be able to fully play as I'm slightly busy, but I should be able to be annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

ugh Not sure if this will work out.

hope we can get some more people.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Blog Entries

Maybe we should advertise on TWC and CFC.

I'll go do a thread in both.

Blog Entries

Ok advertised in the Coliseum and other games forums.

Can you edit the maps into the first post for everyone's convenience please?

Welcome chaotix and beefy!

Chaotix what about split?

Ill ask some rl friends but most of my friends aren't really into internet forums and roleplay...... but ill try it.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    Welcome chaotix and beefy!

Chaotix what about split?

Ill ask some rl friends but most of my friends aren't really into internet forums and roleplay...... but ill try it.
    Split's internet is out currently, but he'll be back by Friday I believe.

Also, I been on that pre-sign-up list as long as you.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

i know that............. im just saying hello. chill bro.

Blog Entries

No one starts off allied. Just like in 30YW
    Actually, some empires do start allied to each other.
    France - Britain - Russia vs Austria-Hungary - Germany

Italy can either stay with the Central Powers when the war starts or stay neutral/join Entente.
    USA and Ottomans can choose either side or stay neutral.

The first 3 turns will be close to history. After that it's all up to you what you do with your empires.

Ok advertised in the Coliseum and other games forums.

Can you edit the maps into the first post for everyone's convenience please?
    I'll do that.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

I'd have signed up, but someone took Blighty. :<
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I'd have signed up, but someone took Blighty. :<
    sorry Secura. You sure you wouldn't want to play as another nation? I can say from experiance Ibn's games are awesome to the extreme.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Well, the remaining choices are the perennial white flag wavers, the our-equipment-is-awful-but-we've-got-five-times-more-men-than-you-and-then-some!'ers, two of the losing nations... oh, and America. xD

I'll think about it. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Blog Entries

Well, the remaining choices are the perennial white flag wavers, the our-equipment-is-awful-but-we've-got-five-times-more-men-than-you-and-then-some!'ers, two of the losing nations... oh, and America. xD

I'll think about it. :3
    Well, I think that if you join as Germany or Austro-Hungarian Empire You'll win easily. Guys here would just keep their distance and try not to "hurt" you because you're a Lady. So, easy victory for you.

Alrighty, I'll take the United States of America Secura... should give me plenty of time to get used to how the game works while everyone else kills each other. :3

Blog Entries

Unless CDF and Cent invade you from Canada, eh.

Would they really do that, though? ¬_¬

Britain was already being outstripped by Germany by the turn of the twentieth century, why throw the USA into the mix?

Encouraging the emergent economic powerhouse that is the USA to break their neutrality in the favour of the Kaiser would have been a foolish mistake for Britain to make, and unless I'm absolutely awful at this game I would imagine it to be a similar situation here.
    Last edited by Secura; 06-25-2010 at 02:14.

Blog Entries

I doubt it, but you never know with those scheming British

Speak for yourself I'd target her first. British women are dangerous

Blog Entries

Alrighty, I'll take the United States of America Secura... should give me plenty of time to get used to how the game works while everyone else kills each other. :3
    At the start of the game US might not look dangerous or strong but if you are being attacked or if you decide to join the war then the full power of the US will be revealed.

And thank you for joining!

Blog Entries

4 more empires are open!
    Hopefully someone takes at least German empire or the WWI will be rather one sided.

Blog Entries

I'll go bump the threads I started.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast