Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Comprehensive Guide to Swêbōz Gameplay

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Default Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Swêbōz Gameplay

Apologies for staying away for so long. Updated initial post for the sake of clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    Sorry, had to do it.
    Somebody noticed

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    No moral bonus for temples? If what you say is true, there is no reason to build temples to Thor or Odin. I mostly stick with Deiwoz or Nerthuz.

Culture penalty: Do Druidic schools give culture penalty? If not, do they help educate young German nobles? Or is there no effect? Does Ynys Mons have any effect on young FM?
    Tollheit has covered most of it. The problem with Nerthuz is that her temple only has two tiers, of which the second one is good in early game and in core provinces, but kinda lacking once you expand beyond Germania. Odin's temple is the one I actually build most because of the extremely helpful +20% law bonus.

As for Kelts, they have a significant tech advantage on you and there is no cultural penalty involved. Which means a greedy Swêboz player - like myself - often waits until they have teched up with lvl 2 farms, paved roads, stone walls and the like before claiming their land.

Good guide. I was unaware there was a delay to some of the roving Generals. This has proved useful. These are the kinds of things I like in a guide, not "disband cav and blitz..."
    Thanks, I had that in mind.
    As another poster has proved in this thread, it is even possible to blitz Noricum and Bohemia before the roving defenders arrive. This is a little bit insane though
    Last edited by athanaric; 03-29-2011 at 20:09.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

I don't know where else to ask:
    After 1-2 years I started to play EB again. I started as Sweboz. I've conquered Gawjam-Rugoz, Ascaucalis, Gawjam-Silengoz, Carrodunum and Gawjam-Kimbroz (or Habukoz? the one with the port. Don't remember atm..).
    Now it's ~266 BC and I can spend money.. finally..
    I wanted to ask what Government i should build in those "citys" and where I can look up what advantages they give (regional units?).

Btw... there are many Salt Mines @ carrodunum (or Ascuacalis?) but my mining income is 0 ? Don't they count as mining income? Do they produce income at all?

Sorry for my english.. :( reading is a lot easier than writing..

Quote Originally Posted by Namenloser View Post
    I've conquered Gawjam-Rugoz, Ascaucalis, Gawjam-Silengoz, Carrodunum and Gawjam-Kimbroz (or Habukoz? the one with the port. Don't remember atm..).
    Now it's ~266 BC and I can spend money.. finally..
    I wanted to ask what Government i should build in those "citys" and where I can look up what advantages they give (regional units?).
    Of those only Carrodunum has a worthwhile regional unit, Lugii Swordsmen (two-handed swords, lesser version of Casse Champions.) So it's worth building a Type III or Type IV government there. I think Type III will let you recruit them.

All the other towns you mentioned are of Germanic culture, not Celtic or Baltic, so Sweboz should build Type I or Type II governments in those regions and recruit factional (Sweboz) units.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12