Thread: Different Shades of Skin Color?

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Different Shades of Skin Color?

Are we to expect slightly differently colored mans in a unit? Especially the tawny ones? The mono-color thing just looked weird from EBI especially on darker people where it was more noticeable.

It would be really nice to see some variation on the near east and central Asian units due to their diverse origins. Be funny to see the mixture of light/dark skinned person in an Indo-Iranian unit or Indo-Hellenic unit as well.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 04-06-2010 at 03:47.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

Default Re: Different Shades of Skin Color?

Yep, especially Pahlava, Sauros, and Saka (well all Iranians) could have a wide variety of skin. Remember, in EB1 some of pahlava's units were dark while others had pretty light skin, even had blonde hair. Saka and possibly Baktria could even have some Chinese or Turkic faces representing some living in their lands.
    Last edited by Hannibal Khan the Great; 04-06-2010 at 03:59.
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Khan the Great View Post
    Yep, especially Pahlava, Sauros, and Saka (well all Iranians) could have a wide variety of skin. Remember, in EB1 some of pahlava's units were dark while others had pretty light skin, even had blonde hair. Saka and possibly Baktria could even have some Chinese or Turkic faces representing some living in their lands.
    There's a fair amount of evidence that Central Asia had a good deal of N-S movement of people as well as E-W. Also darker Mediterranians would be nice :).
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    There's a fair amount of evidence that Central Asia had a good deal of N-S movement of people as well as E-W. Also darker Mediterranians would be nice :).
    Arabs should also exhibit a wide range of colors, depending on ancestry and region. if you go to the faces required thread, you'd see that they range from dark bronze colored to pale white.

let's face it, there is a wide range of appearences, colors, and facial features in many parts of the world-even in the same part of the world.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg