Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dragon Age: Origins - An Idea

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Default Re: Dragon Age: Origins - An Idea

Any character of mine that doesn't wear plate just doesn't wear a helm, as I hate the aesthetics for the leather and cloth variants.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

Jeez, roleplayers with a fashionsense. My characters wear whatever giv3s teh biggest b0nus, I´m proud to be a statswhore ;-) .

Besides that, Secura is the game set, or do you still need help or creative ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaar View Post
    Jeez, roleplayers with a fashionsense. My characters wear whatever giv3s teh biggest b0nus, I´m proud to be a statswhore ;-)
    Well, I do keep the blood spray on, though it sometimes feels ridiculous to be having an intimate conversation with a romance option and find the characters covered in blood... but aside of that, I find that the helms just ruins the aesthetics; I only have my characters wear helms and such when playing Nightmare, where every little stat point matters. The plate variants look awesome

Besides that, Secura is the game set, or do you still need help or creative ideas?
    The characters and their alignments are mostly done; it's largely just a case of making sure that any character is able to fulfill their personal goal and is able to meet their main victory condition, whatever that may be. I think that Duncan is probably the character that is giving me the most hassle at the moment, as his victory condition is unique and possibly the hardest one to achieve; however, he's easily the strongest role in the hands of a clever player. Still working him out, really.

I'm currently juggling abilities around the various characters; making sure that players able to vig aren't just killing each other willy-nilly overnight, ensuring that the investigative abilities are not all-powerful, trying to make sure some of the weaker characters are still able to make their own mark on the game and so on.

I'm also trying to balance STR/CON values across the board (no need for WIS/MAG as there's no Magi in Orzammar, which simplifies the mechanic for testing purposes), then manipulating these with items and injuries to mimic characters being stronger or weaker than others. Usually an item will just result in a base increase to STR or CON, but there's the occasional thing that might help avoid night attacks, influence a lynch or whatever else I come up with.

Then it's just a case of uploading all my images to Photobucket and then drafting the opening post, really, which is mostly just a teaser of what's to come, the rules/instructions and a sign-up list. T'isn't my turn to start yet, though, still got another week or so to iron things out.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Look, I'm normally not a stickler for looks, but really? Those things look HORRIBLE. Those are things people would wear on Halloween at a stupidity-themed party!

On the other side of the same coin, that ugly wingéd hat from the DLC is too freaking good to pass up. +2 to all stats!? That's ridiculously overpowered!

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    On the other side of the same coin, that ugly wingéd hat from the DLC is too freaking good to pass up. +2 to all stats!? That's ridiculously overpowered!
    My character is currently wearing the Helm of Honnleath, Andruil's Blessing and the Key to the City, all of which give +2 to all attributes and a few other bonuses.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's he doing with Aragorn's sword?

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Really looking forward to the game Secura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

You and I both, Flaxy. :3

I was going to talk about Darkspawn Chronicles, but considering it doesn't have anything to do with this game, I decided against it. Not that I don't like it, but try to keep the chatter on-topic or take it to the Arena thread, I wouldn't want to get into trouble. :3

Blog Entries

It has something to do with the LORE of the game though!

See, there's loopholes for everything, you just gotta BS hard enough!

None of the discussion is relevant to The Aeducan Succession though, AA... if we were discussing the Dwarven lore that is rife in the game, fair enough, but we're not.

I don't mind the off-topic discussion, but at least try to bring my game into your chatter a little more; it seems as though you're more keen on playing more DA than mafia. :P

Yeah you're right Secura, we have a nice big thread in the Arena. Sorry for my part in cluttering up your thread. It's actually longer than most actual small game threads now...

I hope my game is longer than this thread!

I've installed various countermeasures to stop overzealous vig-killing, as I've said, as well as ensuring that the detective-esque abilities are balanced enough that the mafia shouldn't be uncovered within the first day... it would suck to put alot of effort in and have things end by the end of day two. xD

Regarding vig-kills, for the curious: if your character is capable of vig-killing, then by all means, go ahead... but know that if you kill an innocent (whatever that might be, we all have different interpretations!), you will reap what you sow, and it may well change the entire course of the game for you, including your personal goals and victory condition.

Let it never be said that negative actions do not come with negative consequences! :3
    Last edited by Secura; 06-16-2010 at 04:22.

Aww, I was hoping for another Mace Windu.

Blog Entries

Soooo... what'd you guys do with the dude with the giant ! over his head in the throne room?

I made him look like an idiot
    Last edited by Double A; 06-16-2010 at 04:40.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Aww, I was hoping for another Mace Windu.
    No chance.

Some characters can vig away because they have no desire to follow the law or because they are the law... others cannot act with such impunity.

Blog Entries

Because they're too lame and jerks? (read: Dwarven Scout)

Because it'd be too imbalanced for everyone who can vig to be able to do so repeatedly without repercussions.

Blog Entries

That's an even better point than the one I made.

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

(If I haven't posted in this thread already)

*Drools* I'm in.

Speaking on the point of unnecessary vigging, you could take the idea (is it mine? most likely to have been done before) idea of one-hit roles. Perhaps some sort of poison vial, or just explain that the mage can only cast Cone of Cold once because she has like...2.5 willpower.

Off the topic of the game, and onto the topic of The Game Itself, can anybody explain to me why the mage clothing is so dire? Oblivion (I'll assume y'all played Oblivion) allowed you to make your character look so much cooler, although the story lacked much more than DAO.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiateTHIS View Post
    Speaking on the point of unnecessary vigging, you could take the idea (is it mine? most likely to have been done before) idea of one-hit roles. Perhaps some sort of poison vial, or just explain that the mage can only cast Cone of Cold once because she has like...2.5 willpower.
    I've got an idea in place, and I'm sure someone will vig, get it wrong and end up in deep water... :P

Off the topic of the game, and onto the topic of The Game Itself, can anybody explain to me why the mage clothing is so dire? Oblivion (I'll assume y'all played Oblivion) allowed you to make your character look so much cooler, although the story lacked much more than DAO.
    Try leather armour for women; at least there's alot of mage-orientated robes that don't look awful (Chasind Robes, Robes of the Reaver, etc), whereas all leather armour looks the same in Origins, merely coloured differently for the various materials.

Blog Entries

But there aren't and decent cowls. The only cool one is the one Morrigan wears on the cover, and I doubt that's even in the game.

But there aren't and decent cowls. The only cool one is the one Morrigan wears on the cover, and I doubt that's even in the game.
    I gave up on the idea of hat-wearing a long time ago. I'm seriously considering making my next character an Arcane-warrior or plain tank type; at least the helmets look decent. Then again, I'm reminded of another flaw: any fiery weapons are still ablaze when they are sheathed! Alistair (the only non-mage in my group) must be a regular in the burns unit by now.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Bah, nevermind.

Having some troubles slotting roles into place and such; playing through the game in my mind from the perspective of each role and seeing if it's possible to win the game as said role. xD
    Last edited by Secura; 06-20-2010 at 17:31. Reason: Gah!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiateTHIS View Post
    I gave up on the idea of hat-wearing a long time ago. I'm seriously considering making my next character an Arcane-warrior or plain tank type; at least the helmets look decent. Then again, I'm reminded of another flaw: any fiery weapons are still ablaze when they are sheathed! Alistair (the only non-mage in my group) must be a regular in the burns unit by now.
    Electricity and frost still show up too, that wouldn't also be painful why?

Electricity and frost still show up too, that wouldn't also be painful why?
    No idea, obviously they would! I was using one idea to illustrate my point.

Not long to go now; Pizza and Flaxy's games are reaching their conclusion, which means Sasaki and Yaseikhaan are up next... once one of those games concludes, t'is my turn! :3

Due to some shuffling of the calendar to account for how backed up it is, we should be able to expect the game to commence signups around Saturday 10th July; I will be working early that morning (9am-2pm GMT, though most of you might be in bed at that time!) but will have the opening post for the thread up-and-ready for when I return.

Everyone who has posted vigourously in this thread has been granted what Beskar likes to call 'G.A.Y Priority', which gives you first dibs on a spot, essentially; it's likely I'll PM everyone as a friendly reminder, but if you see this message before I get time to do so, simply PM me and reaffirm your interest and you'll get your spot.

Speaking of Beskar, his game (Parasite: Earthbound) will begin about ten days after mine, and I suggest you sign up to that as well when it comes around; he'll do it far more justice than I will, so go and take a looksies for yourselves if you haven't already.

T'isn't a game you should miss :3
    Last edited by Secura; 07-03-2010 at 05:45.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678