Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capo de Tutti Capi - IV [Thoughts and Recommendations]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Capo de Tutti Capi - IV

Any idea on a timetable for hosting this game, Seamus?

I seem to remember for Capo III I was keeping track of who had gotten an invitation to play the game, and who had not, and eventually passed a good chunk of ready-to-play people over to you to finish the job. I would be most willing to assist with keeping tabs on who has been recruited this time, who doesn't want invites, and helping to recruit new players from TWC and CFC and get them integrated into the gameroom for maximum mayhem.

If that's one aspect I can be of help with, just tell me when to begin.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

I would drop out of college to play in Capo IV if I had to.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonsg91921 View Post
    I would drop out of college to play in Capo IV if I had to.
    With today's college tuition prices you can't afford not to drop out of college....
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-08-2010 at 16:30.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I'll open a recruiting thread after Christmas.

Now that we are on the schedule, I would gladly solicit further comments and suggestions. I am NOT planning to stray far from the original capo theme -- there will still be a town -- but I am going to tweak it back to balance a bit. Capo I was, so far, the most balanced but I think that was a result of too little voluntary role switching. Later editions featured a LOT of role switching.

I am definitely going to make the investigation aspect clearer. I am not going to change it all that much, but I want more consistency in how results come up etc.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

I would like to chime in with some more refined thoughts then from earlier - but can I ask the setting first? What era is it? Are we looking at the 60's or 70's?

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As long as there isn't a wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Capo de Tutti Capi - IV [Thoughts and Recommendations]

I'll like to take part in this as well.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

The prologue is already in the Gameroom, should be in the queue, though down a page or two by now.

The Capo series is moving forward chronologically, with things in the early 50s at present. As always, events occur in the dreary little city of Fatlington, NJ. See previous iterations for locale commentary.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    The prologue is already in the Gameroom, should be in the queue, though down a page or two by now.

The Capo series is moving forward chronologically, with things in the early 50s at present. As always, events occur in the dreary little city of Fatlington, NJ. See previous iterations for locale commentary.
    Capo II was in NJ?

Yep.

What's the status on this game? Will we be seeing a sign up sheet soon?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I've PM'd Seamus about this twice in the past 2-3 weeks with no response either time. In addition, his last login date is mid-February. Staff is currently discussing about what to do for the Large/Huge game slot in March if he doesn't show up soon.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

bump bump bump

when is this happening? can someone call me directly on my high priority presidential phone line when it does?
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonsg91921 View Post
    bump bump bump

when is this happening? can someone call me directly on my high priority presidential phone line when it does?
    This is just rumor, because I don't have first hand information, but it may be hosted later this year, around summer or fall. If it happens, I'll do my usual thing and go to everyone's house personally, use a battering ram to bust down their front door, and drag them to New Jersey myself.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123