Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 1,981 to 1,988 of 1988

Thread: Star Fox- Lylat Wars [Concluded]

Default Re: Star Fox- Lylat Wars [Concluded] ENDGAME COMMENTARY PART V- Corneria Strikes Back

I don't see how my voting pattern looked bad? I had no abilities, and voted like a clueless vanilla townie, which was what I was supposed to do?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Star Fox- Lylat Wars [Concluded] ENDGAME COMMENTARY PART V- Corneria Strikes Back

Quote Originally Posted by wideyedwanderer View Post
    I don't see how my voting pattern looked bad? I had no abilities, and voted like a clueless vanilla townie, which was what I was supposed to do?
    No fault of your own; your vote just ended up on certain people that subsequently found you scummy for it.

ATPGood, pevergreen, choxorn, abstain, landlubber, Seon, johnhughthom, civplayah, pevergreen.

You did vote for Pinman when he was lynched, and Khazaar when he wasn't lynched, which is a mark in your favor. But, often times, random townie votes will look bad to those being voted for by the random townie. Often times that is mistaken for mafia votes. But if you'll look at the actual mafia votes in this game, other than focusing on Beskar, they tried to avoid making votes they knew would look scummy. Avoiding voting for other revealed members of Star Wolf, avoiding voting for revealed members of Star Fox, avoiding voting for scanned people, even ones they shouldn't have known were scanned yet, but did, because they saw Beskar's results in the quicktopic. The idea of mafia is often to avoid making waves. Some players like Chaotix will make more waves than others, but most of the mafia will avoid controversial votes and go for ones that actually look like they are plausibly mafia, but coincidentally are not. Such as the unscanned Wideyedwanderer, the unscanned Autolycus.... and so on. Vote for the plausible suspects, who are also not guilty. That's typical mafia.

But commonly mistaken for scummy behavior, is wideyedwanderer voting for Fox, and Katt, and several townies. You even voted for Beefy/Rob64 after Seon revealed as "scum", before being prompted to change it.

If anything, some of your votes should have been evidence that you weren't worried about looking scummy. But, stereotypically, you voted for a bunch of townies and pro-townies, even when it was dangerous to do so, therefore you must have been guilty.

There is a difference between common misconceptions or perceptions of being scummy, and actually being scummy. People's scumdars aren't always that attuned. But really no one is at fault because it is a game of incomplete information.... it happens.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Thanks again Pizza for another outstanding game. Loved your commentary, as well. Great to learn by. This game was one of my favorite end games, the excitement, the drama...
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

voting for me = you will lose. Take heed of that everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But we voted for you, and we ended up winning...
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Thanks for the analysis, Pizzaguy, and for the great game.

Just curious, what would have happened had General Pepper been killed day 1? Would the mafia have gone rampant?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wideyedwanderer View Post
    Just curious, what would have happened had General Pepper been killed day 1? Would the mafia have gone rampant?
    What would have happened (probably), would have been that the Androssian team would have begun recruiting every round, and with the death of General pepper, everyone would have been made aware of the demoralization of the Cornerian army. It would have turned into a game where both Wolf and Fox would be aware that Venomians and Cornerians could have been converted, leading them to use their vigilante weapon repeatedly instead of scanning or defending.

As a result, Andross (or his converts) may have actually been killed sooner, and as a result of that, it might have made the game end on even better terms for the town. Or, Andross in his zeal to recruit everyone, might have accidentally recruit-attempted one of the Fox team, or Krystal. And then he would have been exposed and the results would have been fatal for his team.

So yes, overpowering Andross actually gives up a lot of advantages that he had. He was actually better off with Autolycus alive, for the first half/2 thirds of the game. As soon as Fox's team was dead and gone, and Krystal was dead, and Bill was dead, and Pepper was dead, he should have recruited scanned cornerians until he won. That was the best outcome for Andross, hypothetically speaking.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 08-10-2010 at 00:34.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667