Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost of Undermountain [Concluded]

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Default The Lost of Undermountain [Concluded]

Undermountain has always sat beneath the City of Splendors. A Cavern system made in greed and lost to horrors untold, none in their right mind enter its maddening depths. And among the fools that do, none return unchanged. The darkness hides horrors untouched by time. And they all Hunger.
    The mountain caverns have been the choice punishment of the Watch of Waterdeep for many decades. Those who displease the city soon find themselves exiled into Undermountains cold embrace. And more so even than the monsters, the mountain shows no pity…..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

---------------------------------------------------------------

The creature let his mind expand, reaching out to the prisoner with his mental magic. The prisoner tried to stop him, but none are more adept at mental magic than the Mindflayers. His Tentacles wriggled deeper into the Lizardfolks head, and he intensified his assault. The prisoner broke easily enough, but still something Held the Mindflayer back. A Golden wall however stopped his mind from combing through the prisoners thoughts.
    The Ilithid cursed and withdrew his tentacles. The prisoner fell heavily to the ground, his head bleeding and his mind almost broken once again.

Yhamask dispassionately closed the portal that made up the only way out of the prisoners cell, once again disappointed in his lack of progress. He walked down the long Corridor, hardly gazing through the translucent walls at the dozens of cells waiting just behind the psionically made crystal. His thoughts quickly sorted through the information he had learned this day, so that he was ready to present it to the rest of his enclave by the time he reached them. The Lizardfolk was still not broken, something which caused him a small amount of emotion. It was becoming obvious that the creature was not simply some simple shaman, He must have some kind of divine favor. A catch like that could be a great boon to Yhamask, but only if he could be broken. The Rest were far less valuable to him, but most could be easily turned into slaves…. Or, he thought, put to other important purposes. There was a large banging to the Ilithids right, and he turned to see the dwarf staring through his cell wall at him. The dwarf threw his hand up in a unpleasant gesture, and Presented his bare bottom to the Ilithid as his mouth formed every dwarven curse he had. That was more than a few.
    Yhamask sighed and stared at the dwarf, his mind coming down like a ton of bricks on the dwarf. He expected a fight. What he got was a brick wall as the dwarf threw all of his rage and hate towards the invading tendril of thought. The Mindflayer recoiled, stunned. He shook his head and snarled a word of command. The wards in the room activated, seizing the dwarf’s muscles and causing him to collapse in agony.

The Mindflayer hissed and started walking once again. The evening meeting was going to have to deal with some key issues, that was no doubt. And…. of course, there was some important decisions that needed to be made, to ready for the upcoming grand experiment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the cell walls simply disappeared, there was a few moments of shock in the mind of every prisoner. Most simply stood there, expecting an Ilithid to march in at any moment. It was5 minutes before any managed to work up the nerve to actually leave their now broken cell and venture into the corridor. Garl thundered out of his cell with as much stealth as his Minotaur frame could muster (he was only heard for 50ft around him, rather than the normal 100). He stood in the corridor tentatively, not knowing if he was going to be punished at any moment. Other moved out as well.

This corridor had been home to 20 prisoners. Now they all slowly exited their rooms, all casting their eyes about waiting for their captors to return. All bore the marks of their time spent here, long and horrific scars, missing limbs, blank looks in those who had already lost their sanity. The Aura of fear was like a tangible fog in the room, each and every one of them terrified beyond what most would think possible.
    And then someone started laughing. Dovcil McNeill threw back his head and started howling with laughter, rich and deep. “I told those squids they could never keep me! I told’em!” The dwarf started to slap his own arm muscles, flexing and laughing “Can’t never keep a dwarf trapped forever!”
    Every other prisoner looked at the dwarf, utterly confused.
    Roger Conrad scratched his head “Are you by any chance completely crazy?”
    “A better question is laddie, are YOU!” The dwarf laughed even louder. Roger frowned and shook his head.
    A kobold coughed loudly “not that this conversation isn’t great and all, but uhhh….. maybe we should leave before we all get torn to little pieces by the Ilithids. Koobboollld”
    The prisoners all murmured in assent, and the large group started rushing down the corridor towards what they hoped was freedom.
    They passed through several large rooms Before reaching a large hall, the edge of the Ilithids tunnel system. The Hall Was also guarded by 4 burly thralls, Humans each holding a long sword and shield.

The Unarmed prisoners stopped dead, unsure as to what they would do now. The thralls looked blankly at the escapee’s, but moved forward to stop them all the same. The swords came up, and the prisoners panicked. A few bolted back towards the cells, but a majority Hurled themselves at the thralls.
    Garl Faced off with one the thralls by himself, Throwing one of his massive arms in the path of its blade, accepting the crippling hit to tear away the things shield and Then lift the small human bodily from the ground. His left arm cut to the bone, he hurled the Thrall into the wall before he could move his sword to attack once again. Picking up the shield he had torn from him he roared and charged.
    The Thrall weighed 140 pounds. Garl was over 500. The thrall had no escape when the shield and Minotaur slammed him into the wall. The cracking sound could be heard through the entire hall.

Dovcil McNeill Cracked his knuckles and Charged his own Thrall, his shoulder dipping low to Tackle his enemy. The sword flew above the dwarfs ducking head, and both went sprawling onto the ground, the sword moving from his grasp. Dovcil Pummeled the Thrall with punches, his legs keeping the Thralls arms pinned. It took some time, but the thrall stopped struggling, his face a bloody mess.

Gringar the Goblin and Punikit the kobold both squared off with their own thrall, the two small creatures working together to bring the large thrall down by tripping up its legs. Gringar managed to grab a hold of one of the thralls blades, using the Human sized sword in both hands to Slit the Thralls throat.

The last thrall was brought down under the weight of the other prisoners, but not before killing 5 of the unarmed escapees. The guards dispatched, the prisoners bolted into the tunnels beyond the Ilithids compound, scattering into the dark.

-------------------------------------------------------

Mistledown swayed slightly as she walked, the light she had summoned seeming small and insignificant in the oppressive dark of the thin tunnel. The Nymph looked around every few seconds for any openings in the tunnel, but she had no real destination. Undermountain was bigger than the city of waterdeep itself, with most of its exits placed haphazardly in its length. Mistledown tried not to look down at her arms while she walked, already knowing what she would see. But she looked anyway. In the flickering light her arms looked like a mass of rope where her skin had scarred. Her right wrist ended abruptly where her hand was missing. Her expression grew pained as she took that look to its logical extreme and ran her left hand over her face. The scars she felt were almost like hammer blows hitting her. She almost broke down in tears, but simply shivered and marched on.

-------------------------------------------------------

The cavern had once been what appears to be a Goblin village. But in undermountain nothing lasts forever. The huts had been torn to pieces, and the only thing left alive was a group of Carrion crawlers

Which were being torn apart by Garl. The Minotaur had taken one of the beams from a hut, and proceeded to smash a carrion crawler to pieces. Hunkering down, he stuffed some of the creature into his mouth, growling in displeasure.

“Well, glad someone found something to eat.” Roger said sarcastically, entering the cavern alongside Dovcil.
    The dwarf burst out laughing “Aye lad! This big one knows how to make it in these caverns!”
    Garl stood, hefting his impromptu club “ What do you two want? This is my food now, back off.”
    Roger grimaced “no need to worry about that. I would rather eat my own arm than that stuff.”
    From another tunnel entrance Gringar and Punikit entered, the goblin holding onto a stolen human sword, and the Kobold struggling to carry a shield. The Goblin twitched spastically and looked at the rest of the prisoners “hehehehe…. Look who else is here Pun.” The Kobold nodded and tightened his grip on the shield.
    Roger sighed as he saw everyone getting ready to fight “You are all idiots. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I seem to have noticed we have about 4 weapons between us, almost no armor, hardly anything else of value. Oh yeah, and we are in one of the most dangerous places in the entire material plane! The only way we are going to get out of this place Is if we work together.” Another grimace “even then figure our chance of success is pretty much zero.”

Slashnos and Mistledown moved from the tunnel. The lizardfolk nodded “The Human is right. We must work together. The other 6 prisoners all nodded and murmured their assent.
    Roger rubbed his hands together “then lets get out of this death trap.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Terms:

Undermountain- Huge dungeon system underneath the City of Waterdeep. It was created by dwarves mining for mithral. But the huge veins went too deep, and over centuries Creatures slowly destroyed the dwarf clan, leaving the huge tunnel system inhabited by all manner of creature. It is a tunnel system larger than the city it rest below.

Lizardfolk- race of reptilian humanoids.

Mindflayers- also called Illithids, octopus headed humanoids, they are skilled in psionics (mental magic) and are extremely arrogant. They keep huge amounts of slaves broken to their mind, and also preform insane experiments on their prisoners. For teh lolz.

Kobold- More reptilian humanoids, they are small and normally weak, relying on trickery to prevail. (they also like to add the word Kobold to the end of their sentences. Nahhh, thats a lie.)

Goblins- .... you know what goblins are.

Nymphs- think Greek mythology nymphs.

Minotaur- again, Greek mythology.

Humans- Hah, good one.

Dwarfs- Gimli

Material Plane- Place where normal things live. Earth.

Psionics- Magic, but more like telepathy stuff, basically these guys are psychics.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

'sup. Doing this so I can tell if I am still capable of hosting a mafia game without screwing up. a bit of a warm up before I do my small game you know, to make sure I don't screw up big time again.
    Will start a day after I get all my signups.

Bit darker and less humor this time around, but we will see how long that lasts......

Rules:

All standard rules apply
    Communication out of thread is allowed
    Vote: No lynch is allowed
    Day phases last 24 or so hours, nights last same amount of time. (for real this time )
    And I would appreciate it if you guys could keep a running tally

Signups: 7/7
    Pinman
    Double A
    Khazaar
    johnhughthom
    Death is Yonder
    Beskar
    Centurion1
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 06-23-2010 at 14:55. Reason: Lack of Capitals make CDf angry
    Micheal D'Anjou
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Lost of Undermountain

Didn't I pester ask you to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Didn't I pester ask you to do this?
    That may have had something to do with it.
    Micheal D'Anjou

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

City of Splendors means Waterdeep, right?

City of Splendors means Waterdeep, right?
    Yes indeed.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Blog Entries

My knowledge of the Forgotten Realms lore is unmatched!

*because CDF and probably Cent's are better than mine and everyone else that I know of is worse

My knowledge of the Forgotten Realms lore is unmatched!

*because CDF and probably Cent's are better than mine and everyone else that I know of is worse
    so I take it you are in????
    Micheal D'Anjou

In.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Drizzt fan View Post
    so I take it you are in????
    Is Drizzt awesome?

Is Drizzt awesome?
    look at the name.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Blog Entries

Then yes!

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

In! Although I never made it this far in the game, I grew bored after the vampirequest... D&D is for me!

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaar View Post
    In! Although I never made it this far in the game, I grew bored after the vampirequest... D&D is for me!
    I must be misinterpreting this post, you cannot be saying you got bored with Baldur's Gate 2...

In.

Blog Entries

I don't even have it.

However my friend has both 1 and 2 for his XBox. But for whatever reason his dad put it in some storage unit or something when they moved. You know, a very clearly portable console. I don't know either.

However my friend has both 1 and 2 for his XBox.
    VERY different games to the PC originals.

http://www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-4...7143198&sr=1-2

Buy it. Now.

Blog Entries

What's the difference exactly?

PC games = Awesomeness on a scale never seen before in RPGs anywhere in this or any universe.

Console games =

You do realise that Dragon Age was styled as the spiritual succesor of the PC Baldur's Gates? If you are enjoying DA you will enjoy BG, the graphics may be slightly dated but you aren't that shallow. Right?

Blog Entries

Oh god no, I'll still play Age of Kings.

I really don't see the difference between console and PC games, other than controls, which go to PC. I meant really important things, like story or gameplay. Like how Anno 1404 is different (and childish) on the Wii.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a massive difference in the Balduer's gate PC and Console versions. They are practically very different games.

Balduer's gate on the console was a hack'n'slash, Balduer's gate on the PC was Open World.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

The problem with BG2 and Icewind Dale was that it became too repetitive, after slaugthering hordes of monsters and putting a lot of time into the game it just keeps going that way. To me that becomes boring and repetitive, you´d never play that as a Pen and Paper campaign too boring. Anyway, how many players do we have?

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

A CDf game?!

In please

You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaar View Post
    The problem with BG2 and Icewind Dale was that it became too repetitive, after slaugthering hordes of monsters and putting a lot of time into the game it just keeps going that way. To me that becomes boring and repetitive, you´d never play that as a Pen and Paper campaign too boring. Anyway, how many players do we have?
    Probably 5, I am assuming beskar comment was not a signup
    Micheal D'Anjou

Blog Entries

Probably 5, I am assuming beskar comment was not a signup
    aka, CDF doesn't want me in this game.

Though, it was kind of down to the faction set-up, and assuming you would have done identical mirror factions/roles.
    Last edited by Beskar; 06-23-2010 at 01:26.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    aka, CDF doesn't want me in this game.

Though, it was kind of down to the faction set-up, and assuming you would have done identical mirror factions/roles.
    No actually I thought you would not want to be in another train wreck

I would love to have you play. But I doubt you will get the setup I have been doing a lot of thinking about how I host, and am changing a lot.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Blog Entries

Sure, just as long the game isn't be hosted same time as Parasite, count me in.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

im in!

And hell yeah my drizzit knowledge is might indeed, its one of my few nerdy pleasures, along with rts's, diplomacy, risk, other assorted reading of everything under the sun, mafia, ancient history.......

damn im a geek.
    Last edited by Centurion1; 06-23-2010 at 14:47.

Awesome. Tomorrow I will send out roles and start this game
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 06-24-2010 at 04:44.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Perhaps you should ask the mods to move this to the gameroom
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Quote Originally Posted by Death is yonder View Post
    Perhaps you should ask the mods to move this to the gameroom
    ahhh excellent point.

(Pm's done, will go out in the morning when I wake up. Day 1 should start a hour or two after that. )
    Micheal D'Anjou

Awesome. Tomorrow I will send out rolls and start this game
    Excellent Freudian slip.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast