Thread: NTW shuts my PC down?

Oza the Sly: Vandal Invasion Member Braden's Avatar

Default NTW shuts my PC down?

This has only happened since the new update released. Everytime I play a battle in my Imperial Campaign, I get to "an random" point and the PC just shuts down and restarts!

Any similar issues with the new update? NTW was totally stable before, I've played several campaigns pre-update with NO issues at all.

Firstly, no, I have exhaustively tested this by using different saved campaigns etc. Two options occur to me...

1) start a new campaign game from scratch in case pre-update save files aren't compatible.

2) roll the game back to pre-update, though I'm not sure how to do this with STEAM.
    My Steam Community Profile - Currently looking for .Org members I know with NTW for MP stuff (as I'm new to that...lol)

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Default Re: NTW shuts my PC down?

Do you use any mods? If that is the case you have to disable them until they have been fixed. You can check the mods forum if there is a fix. Until then removing the mods is the safest solution. If you don't have any mods installed then I suggest option one.
    Tosa Inu

Oza the Sly: Vandal Invasion Member Braden's Avatar

Default Re: NTW shuts my PC down?

No mods so option one at this point. As long as there are no save file conflicts noted with this new update it seems odd but...I'll try anything ! lol

EDIT - hmm...this is entirely worrying now. New save game...but game CTD (including Windows "error report" status), at least it didn't restart the PC this time!!

Is a fresh install possible via STEAM?
    Last edited by Braden; 06-27-2010 at 16:17.
    My Steam Community Profile - Currently looking for .Org members I know with NTW for MP stuff (as I'm new to that...lol)