Thread: Ptolemaic Dynasty - A Ptolemaioi AAR.

Default Ptolemaic Dynasty - A Ptolemaioi AAR.

Ptolemaic Dynasty - A Ptolemaioi AAR

Chapter 1: Preparing for war.

272:
    Spring- Ptolemy II begans recruiting for an expedition into Koile Syria. He sends word to Alexandros Thraikikos, his governor of Ioudai, to began the levying of the local Jewish population.

He begins the assembling of two taxies of Phalangitai. Sending a rider to Fayum to assemble a Taxies of Klerouchoi settlers.

He also began the recruiting of a Taxies of Pezhetaroi from the hellenic settlers in and around Alexandria.

Realizing he is in need of a Regent in Alexandria, as well as a Governor of Lower Aegypt while he is away he sends to Pselkis to summon Leontiskos Thraikikos, a trusted friend, to fill that role.
    Ptolemy also sends out his trusted Spy Master Ploutos Salaminios to contact his eyes and ears in the region, as well as the regional capital of Damaskos.

Summer- Ptolemy II sets sail with his locally recruited Taxies for Phoinike, where he will winter, leaving word for the Klerouchoi to follow him when assembled.
    Leontiskos Thraikikos arrives in Memphis on his way to Alexandria. He spends a few weeks getting to know the local magistrates before continuing on to Alexandria.
    Fall- Ptolemy II arrives in Phoinike to find two Taxies of Ioudaioi Spearmen waiting for him. He makes a camp and begans planning for his Spring campaign. The Klerouchoi Set sail from Alexandria with plans to reach Phoinike before the winter storms hit.
    Winter- Ptolemy II's full army assembles in Phoinike.

After a year of hard traveling, the Ptolemaic Diplomat Polyxenos Salaminios arrives in Amaseia, seat of the Pontic Basileus Mithridates Kianos.

Happily after weeks of negotiations he sends word to Alexandria that he has reached trade agreements and assurances of a continuance of a lack of hostilities.

Default Re: Ptolemaic Dynasty - A Ptolemaioi AAR.

Chapter 2: The First Syrian War.

271:
    Spring- Ptolemy II marches his forces into Koile Syria in the spring of 271. Sacking towns and villages along his path he heads north, towards the regional capital of Damaskos.
    The Ptolemaioi Navy, under the command of Admiral Naukrates begins the patroling of Syrian waters.
    Summer- Ptolemy II's army arrives outside Damaskos in the Summer of 271. He settles down to begin the siege when he is informed by his Spymaster Ploutos Salaminios of willing citizens of the city ready to open the gates for his men in return for promises of his that the armies of Aegypt would not pillage the city, and the citizens would be free from being passed under the yoke.
    Ptolemy, the second to bear that name, peered at the ageing man acrossed the desk from him. "They will open the gates? he said."You are sure this is no trick?"
    The man nodded. "For assurances of their freedom and the safty of the city they will open the gates. I cannot be positive, but i am fairly sure they mean what they say. There has been no word of a Seleukid army being sent in relief. They know the city is going to fall, they wish to save their families."
    Ptolemy sat down the scroll he was reading and smiled at his Spymaster. "By the gods Ploutos this is Tyche smiling on us. Send word to them, i will spare any who raise no weapons against us, and the city will not be pillaged, it will become the capital of Koile Syria, the seat of the Ptolemaic governor."
    Two days later Ptolemy lined up his men at the eastern and southern gates of the city, and too his immense pleasure he found them open.

To the east Ptolemy sent his Jewish Taxies along with his Machimoi Cavalry.

THe southern gate he commanded his Phalangitai forward where they met the Jewish soldiers under Seleukid employ.

At the eastern gate the Ioudaioi taxies of Ptolemy were confronted by those citizens within the city still loyal to their Seleukid masters.

With the Eastern gate taken Ptolemy led his Companions around and took the Jewish Mercenaries of the Seleukids in the rear.

Already faltering, they routed and were quickly cut down to the man.

The Ioudaioi under Ptolemy arrived at the city center and engaged the Seleukid Phalangitai garrison.

The Phalangitai under Ptolemy marched into the city and took the Seleukid garrison in the flank.

After some tough fighting the enemy General was slain.

Seeing their General fall the rest of the garrison routed or surrendered.

The city and Koile Syria was in the hands of Ptolemy II.

Ptolemy kept his word and spared any who stayed out of the fighting. He garrisoned his men in the Barracks and began to police the city the same as Ptolemaic Troops did in any other city of the empire. A week after the capture of the city news arrived of a small army approaching from the Mabatu Town of Bostra. Ptolemy couldn't risk letting the Nabatu to get up the nerve to attack Ptolemaic lands. So he sent Ploutos to the south with orders to find what was going on.
    Last edited by lordofthesilverbow; 07-05-2010 at 00:32.

Good start. I'd recommend switching to the minimal UI, though. Not for the purposes of the AAR, but just because its prettier while playing.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthesilverbow View Post
    With the Eastern gate taken Ptolemy led his Companions around and took the Jewish Mercenaries of the Seleukids in the rear.
    Typical Greeks...
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Realy good keep going.

..........................[

I tried adding another addon and some how it has corrupted the save file resulting in a ctd after loading. I have a enough info and pictures for a few more chapters but I am thinking it might just be easier to start over since nothing much has happened yet. Right now I am thinking if i should redo a Ptolemy or maybe go Pontus or another faction. I had an idea for a heavily modified Koinon Hellenon game that i might do. I will have the first part of whatever i decide up sometime this week.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Keep it up, don't get discouraged.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Good campaign and AAR, keep it up. Crush the false heirs of Megas Alexandros!
    Last edited by TuCoT; 07-16-2010 at 08:09.