Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Bridge Zhou Far - Three Stars Rising | NORTH BANK [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: A Bridge Zhou Far - Three Stars Rising | NORTH BANK

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    We seem to be short on food, so one must be sacrificed for the greater good (OOC: Why else would we start lynching when no one died). I think this is the best way that vote:M3YUZ can serve PEXDET.
    Yeah.

I'm a little concerned about the total lack of discussion between anyone other than you and me, autolycus. Could you send out night orders now, so peeps have time to read it and send in their orders?

Also, we're resorting to cannibalism rather quick, aren't we? Are you people diabetic or something?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I didn't mean cannibalism, I meant there's enough food for 8 of us, not 9.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I didn't mean cannibalism, I meant there's enough food for 8 of us, not 9.
    Waste not, want not.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Waste not, want not.
    Only if we distribute his remains equally amongst the men
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

Well, I suppose this is the best course of action...
    Vote: M3YUZ

Blog Entries

Autolycus gathered the members of PEXDET together. Although they were separated, alone, and hungry, it was clear to them who was to blame; M3YUZ. As the long list of his crimes was read out, M3YUZ didn't say a peep, and seemed to be dreaming about aeroplanes.

"...as well as remaining silent this entire time. What do you have to say for yourself?" questioned autolycus

"..."

"Fine then."autolycus muttered with a sneer, as he pulled his Officer allocated pistol out of his holster and shot M3YUZ in the chest. M3YUZ did let out an "Oof" of surprise, but he did not scream, moan or wail, as his blood leaked out onto the muddy road. This unusual behaviour greatly unnerved the survivors on the North Bank.

"That was weird" said autolycus, after M3YUZ had died. "I hate it when they're weird. It makes for such an unsettling sleep the night after."

North Side Alive: 8/9
    autolycus
    wideeyed
    AVSM
    Nictel
    Split
    ATPG
    landlubber
    Romanic

Lynched players 6/40

Azathoth
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    Niklas
    Pinman
    TheFlax
    M3YUZ

Killed Players 9/40

Winston Hughes
    Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    Beskar
    Chaotix
    Psychonaut
    johnhughthom
    Secura
    CDF
    aThis

Devoured by Rats - 2

Thermal Mercury
    Wishazu

Deadline is in 22 hours, at 22:00 GMT +1.

Blog Entries

autolycus once again assembled the soldiers on the North Side of the Nuqi River to find that, once again, nobody had died during the night.

"I'm really happy. We're either incredibly lucky" announced autolycus to the sprightly Communists "Or we've got an incredibly cowardly mafia faction. Either way, it's good for all of us, and least in the short term. But we're still going to lynch someone today, because that's what the Chairman would want. "

With the rain still lashing down around them, the North Side survivors packed up their tents and equipment, and trod along the muddy paths towards the Wenti Bridge. They expected to reach by the end of the day, and they were confident that the following day, that they could mount an attack against the Kuomintang Fortress, provided there was one there.

North Side Alive: 8/9
    autolycus
    wideeyed
    AVSM
    Nictel
    Split
    ATPG
    landlubber
    Romanic

South Side Alive - ?

Lynched players 6/40

Azathoth
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    Niklas
    Pinman
    TheFlax
    M3YUZ

Killed Players 9/40

Winston Hughes
    Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    Beskar
    Chaotix
    Psychonaut
    johnhughthom
    Secura
    CDF
    aThis

Devoured by Rats - 2

Thermal Mercury
    Wishazu

Deadline is in 36 hours, at 22:00 GMT +1.

Okay. Did everyone send in correct orders this time? Obviously AVSM did not, but.... Anything else firm to report, Autolycus?

AVSM could be a default lynch because he's not protecting anyone at all, and he's not voting. If you want to do a "No Lynch" that's the one to lynch. However, just from scanning this thread alone:

Quote Originally Posted by landlubber View Post
    So, Comrades, what next?
    No new contributions.

I'm a little uneasy about lynching. Just because we have so little numbers and no conclusive evidence.
    Echoing one of my own sentiments. No new contributions.

Well, I suppose this is the best course of action...
    Vote: M3YUZ
    Following the leader, no new contributions.

What's scummier than someone who doesn't protect, doesn't vote, and doesn't discuss? Someone who does, but adds absolutely nothing to our efforts.

vote: landlubber

edit: My 15,000th post.....
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 07-08-2010 at 11:31.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Happy 15000th!
    Now, back to the game.
    If I was mafia, why wouldn't I kill, yet be active in the thread? The mafia may not be killing just because it would be easy to weed them out, but, truthfully, I highly doubt that.
    I've cooperated with everyone else the rest of the town the entire game. I don't see how lynching me would be better than lynching an inactive, but sure, you can give it a try and lynch another townie.

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

I'm back in this game now.

Last night I didn't send any order, so I wasn't protecting anyone. Didn't matter anyway.

My thoughts about our situation: GeneralHankerchief allegedly put his best suspects on the rope bridge, but it turns out that none of us is (apparently) able to kill at night, nor is the KMT officer around to convert us.

Possibilities are:

1) We're all good communists.
    2) We have "powerless" enemies in our ranks, unable to kill/convert, but they could be active. Scanners or who knows what.... Maybe converted KMTs have no power at all.
    3) We have a killer, but he chose not to kill, to remain hidden.

I see #3 as a good possibility because we have many inactive members, and it could be easy to pick up who the killer is if he was killing.

Lynching someone in this case does not seem good, or we need to lynch an inactive. Anyone else is a bad decision unless we can come up with a good candidate, but the discussion around here is dead (my fault also).

vote: AVSM

Happy 15000th!
    Thank you.

If I was mafia, why wouldn't I kill, yet be active in the thread?
    You tell me.

The mafia may not be killing just because it would be easy to weed them out
    You just told me.

, but, truthfully, I highly doubt that.
    What reason have you to doubt it? If it is both possible and wise, then it is most likely the case. Do you have evidence that disputes that?

I've cooperated with everyone else the rest of the town the entire game.
    If the traitors and infiltrators among us never cooperated, would it not be easier to spot them?

I don't see how lynching me would be better than lynching an inactive, but sure, you can give it a try and lynch another townie.
    In my opinion, we can just lynch AVSM and be down by not much. If he's not voting or protecting at night then he's not going to be much use but cover for the enemy. However, he's also unlikely to be the enemy, because if he were he would be trying harder to show himself as helpful and contributory.

In my analysis, someone who is just following orders and continues to do so, and does nothing but follow the leader lynch-wise, is doing his best not to gain the attention of the town communists and look useful at the same time. If we are looking for likely candidates for the enemy, that's a logical place to start. Do you have a different suggestion? Feel free to make one. I'd be curious to hear who your suspects are, presently.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 07-08-2010 at 22:44.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Romanic View Post
    I'm back in this game now
    You've been back for longer than this, nearly three hours. Why are you avoiding this thread?

Last night I didn't send any order, so I wasn't protecting anyone. Didn't matter anyway.
    It could have mattered.

My thoughts about our situation: GeneralHankerchief allegedly put his best suspects on the rope bridge, but it turns out that none of us is (apparently) able to kill at night, nor is the KMT officer around to convert us.
    Why are you only focusing on the KMT officer?

Possibilities are:

1) We're all good communists.
    2) We have "powerless" enemies in our ranks, unable to kill/convert, but they could be active. Scanners or who knows what.... Maybe converted KMTs have no power at all.
    3) We have a killer, but he chose not to kill, to remain hidden.

I see #3 as a good possibility because we have many inactive members, and it could be easy to pick up who the killer is if he was killing.
    This smells suspiciously like stating the obvious, a nervous habit many people with a guilty conscience employ.

Lynching someone in this case does not seem good, or we need to lynch an inactive.
    If there are suspects on this side of the bridge, and we can narrow them down just from our own personal perspective, plus autolycus' roleblock, plus the fact that auto has been scanned (iirc), plus the inactivity/absence of certain players, then we need to narrow it down. That way, when we rejoin the others, it will be much more obvious who among us could be guilty.

Anyone else is a bad decision unless we can come up with a good candidate, but the discussion around here is dead (my fault also).
    Hence why I am pressuring people. I need a good lead, and presently I see two.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

You've been back for longer than this, nearly three hours. Why are you avoiding this thread?
    Is this a serious question?

Why are you only focusing on the KMT officer?
    Hmm. I'm not focusing on the KMT offiicer. So far we heard about enemies able to kill us, and the KMT officer able to convert us. Every other enemy was included in "none of us is (apparently) able to kill".

This smells suspiciously like stating the obvious, a nervous habit many people with a guilty conscience employ.
    The only thing on my conscience is my inactivity in the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanic View Post
    Is this a serious question?
    It's a fair question. This is the largest game that you're alive in, presently, and you responded to other threads. There wasn't much to catch up on here, either.

maybe conferring with your mafia traitor buddies caused the delay? Maybe too timid to make an accusation for fear of being suspected. Who knows? But I won't know unless I ask.

Hmm. I'm not focusing on the KMT offiicer. So far we heard about enemies able to kill us, and the KMT officer able to convert us. Every other enemy was included in "none of us is (apparently) able to kill".
    The Japanese are unable to convert? When was this made public?

The only thing on my conscience is my inactivity in the last few days.
    We'll see.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

It's a fair question. This is the largest game that you're alive in, presently, and you responded to other threads. There wasn't much to catch up on here, either.
    There was catchup to do, and there is still is for me. I need to read all the posts since June 30 properly, something that I wasn't able to do with a limited internet access. And I haven't accomplished much in the last 4 hours, all my time not going toward mafia games.

I'm not shy to throw accusations, and I agree that pressuring, like you do, is a good thing, but seriously... Look at who is with us on the north bank. Everyone can claim inactivity as an alibi. At this point everyone is as good as another, except autolycus and you.

The Japanese are unable to convert? When was this made public?
    It was never made public, but let me know if you can find a convertion attempt from the Japanese in any writeup. I'm assuming that they cannot, even if we've seen signs that they could be able to from one of the writeup. I pointed this out in the other thread already, and many times I suggested that only the KMT are possibly able to recruit. That's not a new point of view for me.

I want everyone to be on record with at least two suspects. We just did Pick Your Power, and one thing I believe worked well was when I asked people to come up with suspects independent of any leadership role having a say in it. The objective was to force people to accuse, which means the scums had to accuse innocent people, or each other, neither of which is a comfortable position to be in. On principle I think this is good for us, to be on record as having accused someone, because that forces people into a position that is difficult to back away from.

Here, the traitor will vote for an innocent party, and the innocent party will notice and possibly put pressure on them. You might have a shot at generating some discomfort for the traitors that way. It is much easier to be evil when you don't have to answer to anyone or go out on a limb.

Any support for this idea?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

@ATPG: AVSM and Nictel would be my two suspects, in that order.

Reason: inactivity for both. We haven't seen a kill for 2 nights since we got separated, so I don't see any reason to lynch anybody but inactive soldiers.

Granted that this situation doesn't mean there's no enemy in our remaining 8 (there could be non killer roles, both KMT or Japanese), but at the same time it reinforces the idea that most of us, if not all, are good communists. We'll need our active members when we regroup with the Chairman.

consistent, consistent. landlubber, wideyed, Split, Nictel, you're up. Who is guilty?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'm used to AVSM being a lurker, but it could explain him missing orders if we want to even agree there IS anyone suspicious on this side.

If I have to give two suspects it would be Autolycus, simply because he is the man in power here and that in of itself is suspicious.

If I have to choose another it is landlubber, because he is just either restating what has been said, or stating the obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

I will give my thoughts in a little while, as I think some of what atpg has said about getting people on the record without a leadership role's input has merit.

I've been noticing that that's just landlubber's personality to state the obvious and repeat what someone else said. I thought he was suspicious in other games based on things he said, but so far he's always been clean. Not ruling him out of being mafia, but I'm just not buying it unless there is other evidence.

I don't know about AVSM...I don't like the idea of being suspicious of someone just because they aren't around. Is there more to go on?

Nictel, on the other hand, I know he's been on the forums since he's been active in other threads, yet he has been rather quiet since we've been on this side of the bank, no? That is cause for suspicion.

As for my second suspect...I'd have to go with one of the leaders, either Autolycus or Askthepizzaguy, not because I don't trust the leadership, but because as split said, being the guy on top is automatically a reason to be suspicious. I'll go with Askthepizzaguy because he has entered the game relatively recently, we know less about him (has he been scanned?), and he's been very vocal since we've been separated. Autolycus has been around since the beginning, so I'd assume that GH and his leaders have good reason to believe he's clean.

Quote Originally Posted by wideyedwanderer View Post
    As for my second suspect...I'd have to go with one of the leaders, either Autolycus or Askthepizzaguy, not because I don't trust the leadership, but because as split said, being the guy on top is automatically a reason to be suspicious. [...]
    Where did you get that ATPG is one of our leaders? He sure talks a lot, but he's not an officer, nor was Thermal, the player ATPG replaced.

Not officially one of our leaders, but he has taken sort of a leadership role since we've been on this side of the river.

I could always go back to not talking, but there was basically zero discussion then. I've been trying to light a fire under people's hind ends and get them to.... utter.... thoughts.

Thoughts are good.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Not that I think there's anything wrong with talking. This has been the most discussion we've had since being on this side of the bank, and it's a lot more interesting (and productive) than not doing anything.

I'm going to be pretty busy today with critical RL stuff, so at this point I can't afford to wait any longer. Auto, do we lynch a suspect or an inactive?

I've given landlubber a chance to accuse, he has not, and he makes my "imperialist scum"dar twitch. Alternatively, we can go with AVSM the non-suspect just to spare all the active comrades.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Forgot to subscribe.

Also I wonder what we should do now, I agree that I doubt ALL of us are innocent good communists. The chance is there but I think it is indeed small. The problems are all rather obvious.

Unless there are scanners among us we could either start lynching someone each day, hoping to find traitors among us or lynch none and hope that the South has been more successful in finding traitors.
    There is still the issue of attacking the fort, I would hate for us to get stabbed in the back.

Even though I haven't been very active myself, AVSM has managed to be even less active than me, perhaps a feat in it self. Now leadership is always a suspicious role, too often have supposed leaders send us to our graves. Look where it has gotten us now; separated and confused.

I've given landlubber a chance to accuse, he has not, and he makes my "imperialist scum"dar twitch. Alternatively, we can go with AVSM the non-suspect just to spare all the active comrades.
    If I had to accuse someone, it would be Vote:AVSM. I think that if we lynch an active player, especially one that is a main contributor to this thread, then we've killed some discussion. Let's not do that.

Given the small amount of time, I'm going to vote: Romanic. AVSM is not a bad choice, as he hasn't said almost anything, but I blocked him last night, so he can't be blamed for any failure of activity. Romanic failed to follow instructions. I am in the process of gathering more info about both landlubber and atpg, so I would rather we didn't lynch either of them yet. If innocent, they're both too valuable assets to waste.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast