Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWCenter site down - team post here

Default Re: TWCenter site down - team post here

I've made the changes suggested by Chernish at TWC, which is down again, in the Parthian Campaign. However, all campaigns ongoing there will be broken, as I had to update the names files as well. Chernish, if you see this here, could you upload your descr_strat.txt so I can see how you changed the Seleucid armies, as I'm uncertain which troops you added.
    "...then came the ensigns encompassing the Eagle, which is at the head of every Roman Legion; the King, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march....." Flavius Josephus

Egghh. Okay, I hope my CTD post last night @ 4:00 a.m. doesn't get deleted.

Also, as of this morning's update, I no longer have sound on the campaign (World) map. I checked under audio options and Music is set to 50% and is not muted. I get music on the loading screen when the game starts. I get music on the internet.

Am I the only one without music?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the CTDs?

~ Dani ~

error again on twcenter...
    alea iacta est

@ Padric, I sent you an update on the Celts.

Any progress on fixing the broken legion?

Yes, there is definitely a sound issue. I just opened the battle deployment screen and the sound came on. So the background sound on the world map seems to be gone.

~ Dani ~

Any progress on fixing the broken legion?
    Is it not? I thought I had fixed it.

Yes, there is definitely a sound issue. I just opened the battle deployment screen and the sound came on. So the background sound on the world map seems to be gone.
    Which campaign please, play_roma?

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    Which campaign please, play_roma?
    Sorry about that. Yes. Or I'm selecting Rome from the drop-down menu, so the Roman campaign map.

~ Dani ~

is it doing the same in the other campaigns?

if you revert the script to the previous version (right click on Play_Rome/data/scripts/show_me/background_script.txt and do SVN ---> Update to revision then select revision 1851 in the dialog box that comes up), does it still do the same?
    Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum

Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    is it doing the same in the other campaigns?

if you revert the script to the previous version (right click on Play_Rome/data/scripts/show_me/background_script.txt and do SVN ---> Update to revision then select revision 1851 in the dialog box that comes up), does it still do the same?
    I can test this is about an hour or so.

~ D ~

OK, I've just updated the script again. It seems likely that part if not all of the CTD issue was some Scythian / Sarmatian character names which have been removed recently and were still present in the script. This is something to bear in mind if we do any more name changes, that the spawned characters in the script will need changing too.

Please try reloading the Roman campaign and see whether you still get a CTD.

DVK, also are you planning to update the other campaigns to use the same set of names that are in the Roman campaign before release? If so we'll need to make sure that the script gets changed when that happens too as, the default campaign script uses different Scythian/Sarmatian names now from the Roman one.

Roam are still unable to play the Romans, becuase everytime he zooms in on a Roman infantry unit the game crashes. It doesn't seem to be graphics related, becuase he had settings turned down and it still happends. Also tried in custom battle and zooming in on an infantry unit makes it crash for him even on lowest possible settings. Problem only occurs with Legionaries.

OK, I've just updated the script again. It seems likely that part if not all of the CTD issue was some Scythian / Sarmatian character names which have been removed recently and were still present in the script. This is something to bear in mind if we do any more name changes, that the spawned characters in the script will need changing too.

Please try reloading the Roman campaign and see whether you still get a CTD.
    At update 1870, loaded a moment ago.

Music Issue:

Tested Carthage, Free Greeks, (beautiful UI textures, BTW - but you probably get sick of hearing that), Scythia and the music works on all of those. I did not test every single campaign (from the launcher menu). Rome does not work after update listed above. On to step 2.

Oh! And you know what else isn't working? The sounds when you click on links. The little arrow at the bottom when you start a campaign, and so on. Oddly enough, the music is playing in the background as the text scrolls. Oh ....

I just clicked on Mute SFX and unclicked it ... now the sound is working ... okay this is weird ... I'm on the campaign map and now have two songs playing at once. I clicked and unclicked on the Mute SFX and music twice. Also,when I got to audio options and click mute music, it still plays . . . maybe it finishes the sound file before it stops??

Reverting scripts ... okay seems to work fine at 1851. Back to 1870 and it seems to work again. I'll play some more; maybe it's a ReakTek (yeah, I know, I've got a great sound system) issue or just glitch. If I have any problems, I'll let you know.

CTDs:

Okay, it won't load my last save from last night (following a CTD), so I'll go back to an earlier one. Luckily, I save just before I end every turn, with a rolling series of 15 saves.

~ Dani ~

Music seems to be working again, too.

~ Dani ~

Dang, I keep forgetting that script. Sorry. Glad you mentioned that, because that will be all wrong in the installer as well.
    Do you you want me to just update ALL the other campaigns? So far, the Roman campaign, the Scythian and Sarmatian campaigns, and now the Parthian campaign have the new names.
    "...then came the ensigns encompassing the Eagle, which is at the head of every Roman Legion; the King, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march....." Flavius Josephus

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanized Iron View Post
    Roam are still unable to play the Romans, becuase everytime he zooms in on a Roman infantry unit the game crashes. It doesn't seem to be graphics related, becuase he had settings turned down and it still happends. Also tried in custom battle and zooming in on an infantry unit makes it crash for him even on lowest possible settings. Problem only occurs with Legionaries.
    Nobody knows what this can be? It occurs for Roam in Singleplayer also, Polybian legionaries seem okay tho.

Hallo guys! :) Its nice to see you again.
    I see... you´re still testing. Great and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishguy View Post
    Please note though that Super newbie Pro's save is in the test campaign, have you updated this one too?
    So are those saves he posted on TWC confirmed for the Play_Test folder only? If so, that sucks cause I've been using it in the Play_Rome folder. Is this a big deal or should I just continue testing the big rebellion as-is?

@Galvanized Iron - sounds like he may need to have unit shaders turned on - sometimes this can cause a CTD issue when zooming. It's certainly not an issue with the units or sprites as they've been tested to death.

Please note though that Super newbie Pro's save is in the test campaign, have you updated this one too?
    Are you serious? We told people to stop using that one a good few weeks ago!!! Grrrr..

Do you you want me to just update ALL the other campaigns? So far, the Roman campaign, the Scythian and Sarmatian campaigns, and now the Parthian campaign have the new names.
    Presumably if we do this we'll kill all the other campaigns? I'll just update the script in those campaigns and then it's easy to copy over.
    Last edited by tonyw; 07-09-2010 at 00:00.

Right i have carried on my game and i few issues have seemed to arise in the late rebellion....

The most simple way to put it is i walked all over the rebels. Financially and Militarily wise they never really got going. I have about 20 images of graphs for the last 3 or 4 turns which i thought you should take a look at.

I dont think they have spawned any new units to be completely honest, i have been checking and nothing new has arisen, maybe because they were in debt, i am not sure but there definitely is a problem with it in the late phase. I will start the rebellion again tomorrow and re run it and see how i go again, but in this campaign they were definitely not working. It was difficult at the beginning as they had lots of troops but late in the rebellion they have nothing, no garrisons and i only found 2 legions waiting for me in gaul.

Do you want me to put all my images up on here, could take a while, photobucket takes all day to upload, or would it not be easy to just said you a email with them attached, i understand if you prefer not to give me your address, and if so i will post the images up in the morning for you to look at, i took pics of all the graphs for at leats 4 turns maybe 5 and images of all the legions i have come up against in the late phase of the rebellion.

Hope this all helps.
    ROMA SURRECTUM II BETA_TESTER

Just tell me what happens - you're saying their economy nosedives? Any idea by how much? and with which settlements?

OK, just adjusted the scripting conditions - is this the Play_Rome folder by the way? - to keep the rebel treasury between about 120,000 and 200,000.....or at least it should be!!

Right well yes it does, but it never seemed to get going in the first place, i think mainly because i took rome, just like me as the player, if i loose rome i was doen fore financially, they lost rome and now they have no money so therefore no troops, that is where the problem lies tbh.

You could leave it, as i would of been in the same position. Italy seems to make or break the rebellion, whoever can keep hold of Italy seems to win, i managed to over power it wihtin 2 years, so financially i didnt have too much damage, but now i have held Italy for a good 6 years and it would seem the rebels cash has simply fallen away, because the gaul provinces economically are weak.

So you could decide to give them extra funds to keep them going, or you could just leave it, as the player would of been in the same position, or you would have to make it more difficult at the beginning of the campaign so it makes it harder for the player to regain there former lands.

But as i said it would really seem that Italy is the deal breaker in the rebellion, who ever holds it can win, as long as they hold it for long enough.

So maybe the way we should be looking at this is to make it harder for the player to regain Italy/Greece rather then give the rebels extra funds, maybe add more legions, stronger legions and give the rebels more funds from the beginning.

And yes i am using play_rome folder

Just so you can get an idea of how they are getting on financially and militarily ingame compared to me:

This is how i am getting on financially:

@Galvanized Iron - sounds like he may need to have unit shaders turned on - sometimes this can cause a CTD issue when zooming. It's certainly not an issue with the units or sprites as they've been tested to death.
    Wow that was it, I was finally able to reproduce Roam's crash by turning off the unit shaders. Thanks a lot! Now we can finally balance test the Romans also.

Any chance you could run a few turns with the script update I've just made and see whether the rebels are remaining in credit now?

Yep give me half an hour

Right turns out i need to be up early tomorrow morning so cant do much, i went on in did a couple of turns and financially the rebels have risen but it is too little too late as they have only 5 settlements, so tomorrow i will begin from the start of the rebellion and try it all again and see the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Irishguy View Post
    Well looks like those were hours wasted away then... : ( I'm going to continue my game with the Play_Rome campaign I started personally a while back. This means I won't be able to test the big rebellion for you however. My beta testing time is in a crunch unfortunately (I have limited time now).

One thing to note is the unit sizes and play style. Have you taken into consideration that the Rome players should follow a perticular set of house rules when playing that faction? I mainly play with Huge unit settings. Does it matter for campaign balance, battles? Supernewbie's saved game was set on Large unit size and I read another person on here uses small unit size. That's drastic change.

Forum is up and running again.
    No data lost, yay.

well I just dumped Super Newbie Pro's save in the Play_Rome folder and it worked fine!
    but I'm off now so no long post!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast