Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1184

Thread: World of Tanks - Free to play Panzer MMO

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: World of Tanks - Free to play Panzer MMO

Played badly in my brand new Chi Nu. Went for a flank around but too slowly then got killed against the Church 7.

Chap on my team, IAmVeryAngryItsNotButter, messaged me afterwards telling my that I played awfully and the loss was my fault (Some truth there, sadly).

To summarize his mislike for me, he called me a "******* jew." The next quick line asserted I should be "****** in birkenau"

Of course I reported him, since he has every right to complain about my play but WG does not need to tolerate his racist garbage (a viewpoint I find nauseating). He has a right to his views, but WG is not obligated to condone them on their site.

What I am wondering is what do they do in such instances?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

You should troll them back while keeping yourself within the rules. I love getting that sort of message and if you can get them angrier then it just gets funnier.

As for what WG will do. Not much. Since all reports are cumulative then unless he has history then he is unlikely to be sanctioned. And if he were then you wouldn't know. Otherwise he may get a chat ban. I know of one occasion when someone go a game ban, just the one.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

why u mad? is only game.

Probably the most trolling answer you could give. Its a classic on the EU servers.
    Status Emeritus

I've had guys insult me after a game, I think I just replied something like "Thank you, I'm glad I could be of service. :) "

That's if they didn't just drop the insults and then left the chat window, although I may have opened a new one...

Nowadays when they call me a noob in the game, I just say that I feed on their tears or something like that.
    It's true that I make mistakes or try a move that turns out to be bad idea, but a match is 15 mins max, not everybody is perfect and I guess I'm a troll after all.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Am playing NA servers. There may be no good solution for me but I know little of network connections, perhaps somebody here can help. To the NA east server I get 60-85 ping but I also get many lost packets. About twice per match I lose 3-5 seconds. Some matches I'll lose 30+ seconds. On the NA west server my ping is usually around 100-120, but I never lose packets. I want the best of both worlds, any suggestions?
    "The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better."
    John Dewey

I think you need to contact your ISP and see what they can do.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Got my kill two heavies personal mission completed, finally....in a t-14
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Things seem to have normalized now, though for a while the personal campaign missions were just causing some really 'loopy' play styles

Quote Originally Posted by The Lurker Below View Post
    Am playing NA servers. There may be no good solution for me but I know little of network connections, perhaps somebody here can help. To the NA east server I get 60-85 ping but I also get many lost packets. About twice per match I lose 3-5 seconds. Some matches I'll lose 30+ seconds. On the NA west server my ping is usually around 100-120, but I never lose packets. I want the best of both worlds, any suggestions?
    As said above, contact your ISP. Failing that, go for the higher ping but more stable connection.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Things seem to have normalized now, though for a while the personal campaign missions were just causing some really 'loopy' play styles
    Your not kidding. Very strange week or so.

On another topic. I decided that I wanted the Firefly but I'd have to go back to the Grant in the tech tree. No problem I thought, it's just the M3 Lee re-badged right?

Er nope. It takes only 15k to grind the Sherman III so I thought oh this will be a doddle. Wrong. This tank must be the worst tank I've ever played in WOT. And that's saying summat. I nearly had a nervous breakdown grinding it. With only getting 3-400 points each game it took some time. A long time.

My very last battle in it I was guarding the north beach in Southcoast when a KV-1 and a KV-1s hove into view. I started sniping at them as I knew they couldn't see me and when they did I retreated to that rock just behind the headland. Now because my gun is 2/3 to the right I was sitting pretty. I got the KV-1 and held up the KV-1s until the timer ran out and we won the game. It was a bloody great game. Also my last in this piece of shit.

Anyway, there you have it. One decent game out of dozens in the Grant. I got the Sherman III and it's ok. Again it should feel like the M4 but it doesnt seem as good.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Have not played either tank, but facing them I have gathered somewhat different impressions. The Grant seems to out-do the Lee slightly in my opinion, though I view them more or less equally (as in I would free exp over them rather than run one).

The Sherman III is an M4 derp variant. As such, it hits hard. I have not seen anyone using a regular gun barrel on the thing.

To be fair, the percentage of folks choosing the derp option is very high on NA (true in EU as well???). I've seen numerous people with 100+ battles in the STG-III using the 105. Most KV drivers use the 122 exclusively. And the derp shows up pretty often on British ATs and Valentines.

Have not played either tank, but facing them I have gathered somewhat different impressions. The Grant seems to out-do the Lee slightly in my opinion, though I view them more or less equally (as in I would free exp over them rather than run one).

The Sherman III is an M4 derp variant. As such, it hits hard. I have not seen anyone using a regular gun barrel on the thing.

To be fair, the percentage of folks choosing the derp option is very high on NA (true in EU as well???). I've seen numerous people with 100+ battles in the STG-III using the 105. Most KV drivers use the 122 exclusively. And the derp shows up pretty often on British ATs and Valentines.
    105mm derps can be quite effective and fun to use. I use one on the Sherman Jumbo and on the the Stug III. The Brit derp, on the other hand, is a liability best avoided because of the lower calibre and terribly slow shell travel time. The Brit ATs are designed for the pew-pew guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy View Post
    105mm derps can be quite effective and fun to use. I use one on the Sherman Jumbo and on the the Stug III. The Brit derp, on the other hand, is a liability best avoided because of the lower calibre and terribly slow shell travel time. The Brit ATs are designed for the pew-pew guns.
    No. They are designed to get in a couple of good hits with their 75 and then have a medium tank park behind them and blow them up while laughing.

I now have a better 75 on the AT8. I can often get in a couple of sniper kills before someone parks behind me and executes me.

I am despairing of heavy tank personal mission #7.

Acquiring 1,000 damage isn't easy, but is not outrageously difficult either -- and making at least one kill in the process of generating 1,000 damage is a piece of cake.

Capping is well nigh impossible.

Either the enemy lemming charges you in the cap forcing you to kill them all or your teammates hunt all of the enemy down despite repeated polite requests to allow you to cap or wait to kill the last one until the 5 second overage period.

I am beginning to think that I will have to do it with my clan during a skirmish....and even then it cannot guarantee that my capping heavy will not be "lemming charged."

Hehe Slyspy and Husar and I had a few games the other night. Slyspy needed some personal mission, I think it was the heavy one but he didn't get it. I, however, did.

On another note; I just got my sixth crew skill/perk last night*. My god it really does make a difference. Just before I got it I had a monumental losing streak, (coincidence?) but after I got it I couldn't lose a game. Not one.

It makes one think doesn't it?

*BIA,Camo,preventative maintenance, off road driving,clutch braking,controlled impact.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 02-21-2015 at 11:50.

Some of the missions require a lot of patience or prepared tanks/crews. You'll get that capping mission eventually if you try to cap whenever you can, it helps a lot if one or two others help you cap before the team can kill all enemies. I think 3 people capping results in the maximum capping speed. The most horrible one for me was the light tank passive scouting mission (LT-10), it requires almost perfect circumstances or platoon mates who help you on purpose. I did however respec a few of my lights for maximum camo, though I usually like to play them as support tanks in a more aggressive role.

I finished the medium and heavy missions so far, stuck on platoon missions for the rest because most of my "friends" like IA here hate to play artillery and TDs.
    LT-11 requires a platoon mate in artillery, so does the first artillery platoon mission.
    I also got 5 commendations for the MT and HT, apparently you only have to get the secondary objective for the very last mission for the additional commendation, not all of the preceeding ones as I previously thought.

As for doing damage, usually helps to have high tier tanks for that as they naturally deal more damage and the enemies have enough hitpoints for you to collect a lot. Getting the 4k damage for the last TD mission was already achieved by me yesterday in the JP E-100, just too bad that I'm not entirely there yet.

...To summarize his mislike for me, he called me a "******* jew." The next quick line asserted I should be "****** in birkenau"...
    Were you on the Axis team? Maybe he was roleplaying. Either way, absolutely hilarious.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

What I am wondering is what do they do in such instances?
    7 day chat ban on the first instance. WG NA is tough about it.
    I've been there actually. The ridiculous part about it is that I had merely told two players to stop abusing and fighting as though they were Nazis and Jews. Next thing I know I couldn't use any chat window for 7 days.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    7 day chat ban on the first instance. WG NA is tough about it.
    I've been there actually. The ridiculous part about it is that I had merely told two players to stop abusing and fighting as though they were Nazis and Jews. Next thing I know I couldn't use any chat window for 7 days.
    And worse for repeated offenses I suppose? Reasonable policy. Glad to hear they act on such things (even if your specific example is a little too "0 tolerance."

And worse for repeated offenses I suppose? Reasonable policy. Glad to hear they act on such things (even if your specific example is a little too "0 tolerance."
    Still wildly inappropriate though, the traditional "like cats and dogs" may be been more sensible!

I'm still stuck on the missions in which you have to cap with a heavy and cause a fire with a medium.

Still wildly inappropriate though, the traditional "like cats and dogs" may be been more sensible!

I'm still stuck on the missions in which you have to cap with a heavy and cause a fire with a medium.
    The medium causing a fire didn't take me more than 7/8 tries. I cause fires pretty regularly, though only rarely get a kill from them. My usual recipe is side shots, above the tread and aft of the turret. Seems to work well with most rear-mounted engine tanks. Turretless targets I burn less, but side shots between the bogeys seem to be the most common fire start point.

Cannot complete TD15 either. Didn't have above a tier 7 until recently. When I get the proto ground up or get the RHM we shall see. Otherwise, with the tier six, my great games finish with about 3200 damage....just not enough.

Cats and dogs would have been a far safer analogy, have to concur.

I finished TD-15 tonight, had a lot of bad games with the JP E-100 after I got 5k+ damage for TD-14....
    It was either we lost and I got overrun or we ran over them and I was too slow to do any damage.

Then I finally got it with the SU-122-54, yes, that thing can be good at times.

So now I have a Stug IV and a full female crew on the Leopard 1 while my Ru-251 just gained a new more experienced crew from his medium brother. The Leopard 1 crew proved their female superiority shortly thereafter with a battle where I did 5k+ damage on Himmelsdorf and got the Ace tanker Mastery badge for it.

I'm not going to count the months it will take me to finish the next missions although getting to the T-55A would be really nice.
    Last edited by Husar; 03-07-2015 at 02:53.

I got my first female crew member and I'm a bit stumped. It seems I can have any nationality, so what do I pick? I havn't picked her yet as I thought I'd get some advice from you guys.

Well, the nationality decides what tanks you can put them into.
    I chose to put them mostly into high tier medium tanks, because I like those tanks and another benefit is that they have only four crew members (most of them anyway AFAIK). As you may know, having only women in one tank gives them the equivalent to the Brothers in Army skill, shich is free for them and does not count towards the xp required for the following skills. And then they also have the first skill selectable right away, which will be at 100%, so you can start developing the second skill (third if you include the aforementioned sisterhood of steel) right away. Since I had no crew with three fully developed skills (I play a lot of different vehicles so far), the skills didn't enter the equation all that much for me, but you may not want to replace a 5 or 6 skill crew with them.

On a related note, I hadn't noticed this before, but you can do the missions in any order you want except for the 15th, which is only unlocked once all others are finished. So if you're stuck on say MT-7, you can cancel it and select e.g. MT-9 first to get a sense of accomplishment again or so. Might also be useful if you're stuck on a platoon mission and want to do the following non-platoon ones while there's noone around to platoon with.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Well, the nationality decides what tanks you can put them into.
    I chose to put them mostly into high tier medium tanks, because I like those tanks and another benefit is that they have only four crew members (most of them anyway AFAIK). As you may know, having only women in one tank gives them the equivalent to the Brothers in Army skill, shich is free for them and does not count towards the xp required for the following skills. And then they also have the first skill selectable right away, which will be at 100%, so you can start developing the second skill (third if you include the aforementioned sisterhood of steel) right away. Since I had no crew with three fully developed skills (I play a lot of different vehicles so far), the skills didn't enter the equation all that much for me, but you may not want to replace a 5 or 6 skill crew with them.

On a related note, I hadn't noticed this before, but you can do the missions in any order you want except for the 15th, which is only unlocked once all others are finished. So if you're stuck on say MT-7, you can cancel it and select e.g. MT-9 first to get a sense of accomplishment again or so. Might also be useful if you're stuck on a platoon mission and want to do the following non-platoon ones while there's noone around to platoon with.
    Did not know that last. thanks.

NA server does not allow you to pick personal missions. Must be accomplished in order presented.

But I finally did it....we captured the base and I had racked up 1026 prior to the capture. HT7 is done!

NA server does not allow you to pick personal missions. Must be accomplished in order presented.
    Did you cancel the one that was already started before trying to select a new one?
    I know a few things are different between regions but that would seem like something they coded in Minsk for all servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Did you cancel the one that was already started before trying to select a new one?
    I know a few things are different between regions but that would seem like something they coded in Minsk for all servers.
    Yes, I did cancel. It let's you go back and do a completed mission, but not spool up an undone one.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast