Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Trivia Quiz

Thumbs up Sengoku Trivia Quiz

While warming up during the development of the CA´s featured title. Here is little something for anyone interested about the subject of STW 2, Sengoku Trivia Quiz.

The rules are simple:

I will start by making a question about anything related to the period and the first one who knows the right answer can then ask their own question and the game continues from there. If no one knows the answer to the question, the one making the question can give tips in order for the right answer to be revealed.

1st Question:

What was the name of the Daimyo family started by Ise Shinkuro?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: Sengoku Trivia Quiz

Isn't that the one who's also known Hojo Soun?

Founder of the Hojo clan?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Isn't that the one who's also known Hojo Soun?

Founder of the Hojo clan?
    Aaand we have the correct answer! Yes that was the original name of the founder of so called late or Odawara Hojo Clan that many of us remember from the original STW. Andres please ask the 2nd question.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 08-04-2010 at 13:38.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I was a servant of the Oda clan. Allthough I plotted against my master, he spared my live and I rose to a powerful position within the clan. After the dead of my master, I lost the struggle for power against the son of a peasant and I committed seppuku in 1583. Who am I?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was a servant of the Oda clan. Allthough I plotted against my master, he spared my live and I rose to a powerful position within the clan. After the dead of my master, I lost the struggle for power against the son of a peasant and I committed seppuku in 1583. Who am I?
    Shibata Katsuie.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaseikhaan View Post
    Shibata Katsuie.
    Ding ding ding!

Correct!

Ja mata, TosaInu

Blog Entries

Ok, this one shouldn't be too hard.

I betrayed my lord when I marched my army back to his residence and slew him. My bid for power ended quickly at the hands of one of his most famous retainers, who delivered my head to my lord's grave.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaseikhaan View Post
    Ok, this one shouldn't be too hard.

I betrayed my lord when I marched my army back to his residence and slew him. My bid for power ended quickly at the hands of one of his most famous retainers, who delivered my head to my lord's grave.
    Akechi Mitsuhide
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Akechi Mitsuhide
    Yup, your go.

Allright. Ok lets try something bit harder.
    I was apart of a very famous family that at times held the title of Kanrei. I served two Shoguns and in a campaign that resulted in creation of a new Shogunate. My enemies respected me so much that while besieging my castle, they shot my walls with cannons that were only loaded with gunpowder without any projectile.Who am i?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is just a shot in the dark, but Uesugi Kagekatsu?

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    This is just a shot in the dark, but Uesugi Kagekatsu?
    Nope.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Uesugi Kenshin, perhaps?

Ja mata, TosaInu

Uesugi Kenshin, perhaps?
    Nope i will hint that i am not from Uesugi family.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I know the answer! The answer is Hosokawa Fujitaka! :D
    "Hope is the Last to Die" Russian Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Alexsandr View Post
    I know the answer! The answer is Hosokawa Fujitaka! :D
    And we have a winner!.Its your turn.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    And we have a winner!.Its your turn.
    Alright. :D Here's my question.

"I was the lord of Odani castle. I fought against my brother in law, Nobunaga Oda, because of my ally the Asakura clan. Who am I?"

Could I make a suggestion here? Could either the answerer or questioner provide some more details around the answer or maybe a link to more information? The little tidbits of info in the question are rather tantalizing. It would also make the thread more interesting to read apart from the challenge of answering the question.
    Last edited by Gregoshi; 08-04-2010 at 22:20.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Could I make a suggestion here? Could either the answerer or questioner provide some more details around the answer or maybe a link to more information? The little tidbits of info in the question are rather tantalizing. It would also make the thread more interesting to read apart from the challenge of answering the question.
    You've got it. :D

"I was Lord of Odani castle. I was an ally of Nobunaga Oda and his brother-in-law. When he attacked my allies, the Asakura, I joined Yoshikage Asakura in his fight against the Oda. At Anegawa, we fought a stalemate. On my side, our small force did well against Nobunaga Oda's larger force. And on my ally's side, the Asakura faired poorly against the smaller Tokugawa forces. In the end though, I lost out to Nobunaga Oda. My wife went on to marry his vassal Katsuie Shibata. Who am I?"

Nice Tsar Just to clarify - provide the extra info only AFTER the question has been answered correctly. You don't want to give away too much information and make it easy.

Nice Tsar Just to clarify - provide the extra info only AFTER the question has been answered correctly. You don't want to give away too much information and make it easy.
    Oh okay. ^_^; Sorry. Anyhow, it should make it easier lol. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Alexsandr View Post
    You've got it. :D

"I was Lord of Odani castle. I was an ally of Nobunaga Oda and his brother-in-law. When he attacked my allies, the Asakura, I joined Yoshikage Asakura in his fight against the Oda. At Anegawa, we fought a stalemate. On my side, our small force did well against Nobunaga Oda's larger force. And on my ally's side, the Asakura faired poorly against the smaller Tokugawa forces. In the end though, I lost out to Nobunaga Oda. My wife went on to marry his vassal Katsuie Shibata. Who am I?"
    *cough*

I don't think *cough* is the right answer

Asai Nagamasa?

@Gregoshi's request: some info about Shibata Katsuie: http://www.samurai-archives.com/katsuie.html

Ja mata, TosaInu

Me thinks its time for the most honourable Asai Nagamasa to ask the rest of us his question, regardless of certain honorary Texans efforts of stealling the honour of right answer.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

The son of a famous Daimyo, my young son was made heir to the clan by my father but I was effective ruler of the clan after the lord's death. After my clan's final defeat I commited Seppuku along with my son. Who am I?

(easy one)

Takeda Katsuyori.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Correct.

Congratulations Asai Nagamasa. XD There is truely no more ironic person to answer my question lol.

Some fact on Fujitaka Hosokawa from my earlier question. Fujitaka Hosokawa was by extension part of the Fujiwara clan. And thus, high ranking nobility. Hosokawa was also a famous poet in his day. Fujitaka served the shogun Yoshiteru Ashikaga, and then latter the Shogun Yoshiaki Ashikaga. He would faithfully serve the shogun for a long time, but would be drawn over to Nobunaga Oda's camp. He served Nobunaga Oda, and was even speculated, or rather a gamble on Mitsuhide's part as an ally to help him finalize his victory over the Oda and the Toyotomi at Yamazaki. Of course, Fujitaka Hosokawa, a clever politician from the start, did not believe in his son in law's chances. So Fujitaka Hosokawa and his son Tadoki Hosokawa came against Mitsuhide Akechi, allying with the Toyotomi. This helped secure the Hosokawa clan's position. By the time of Sekigahara, the Hosokawa had chosen a new ally, the Tokugawa. It was during the battle of Sekigahara that Fujitaka Hosokawa's castle was bombarded by cannons loaded with nothing but gunpowder. During the same time, Masayuki Sanada on the Western forces side, was also defending his castle.

And about Nagamasa Asai. (Azai.)

Nagamasa Asai was a brilliant general. In one battle against the Rokkaku clan, the Asai were outnumbered 2 to 1. Under Nagamasa's leadership the smaller Asai won the battle, against all odds. Though they were long under the yoke of the Rokkaku clan, Nagamasa had at last broken them free of the other clan's dominion. The Asai clan dethroned Nagamasa Asai's father, Hisamasa, and made Nagamasa the clan's head. Hisamasa bowed to the clan's decision and allowed his son to lead. Around the same time, Nobunaga Oda was securing his hold over Owari and had his eyes set on Mino. He had his sister Oichi, married to Katsuie Shibata at the time, sent to Nagamasa Asai and the two were married. Nagamasa Asai and Nobunaga Oda were officially allies. But as the Oda encroached on Asai and Asakura land, tensions mounted. Hisamasa Asai grew to resent the Oda and their famous leader Nobunaga. Hisamasa would urge the clan to fight the Oda, and of course, when Nobunaga Oda attacked the Asakura Nagamasa Asai chose to honor his families long lasting alliance with the Asakura. If it was purely his decision or his fathers, it does not really matter. It would be hard to know for sure. Nagamasa Asai would fight against the Oda at Anegawa. Although the Asai performed splendidly in the battle, it was inconclusive. The Asakura were isolated and defeated. And soon, the Asai, left without allies were left to fight against the Oda alone. Most stories indicate that Asai Nagamasa chose to commit seppuku rather than surrender to the Oda. Oichi and her children were spared.

Awesome write up Tsar. It clearly demonstrate the beauty of this period as far as being perfect for a TW game - lots of clans, lots of political intrigue and lots of fighting.

Awesome write up Tsar. It clearly demonstrate the beauty of this period as far as being perfect for a TW game - lots of clans, lots of political intrigue and lots of fighting.
    You're welcome. ^_^

I wrote it up cause I thought people might find it interesting. :D

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast