Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sengoku Trivia Quiz

Member Member Shigemasa Oyamada's Avatar

Default Re: Sengoku Trivia Quiz

I was known as one of the "Seven Spears of Shizugatake" for my bravery. Born in Owari, I was a skilled retainer for Toyotomi Hideyoshi. When Toyotomi died I decided to go to the Tokugawa, as Ishida Mitsunari and me were not the greatest of friends. At Sekigahara I was the vanguard of the Tokugawa army, and defeated a attack by Ii Naomasa. Again I was awarded for my bravery, but I was not to participate in in the Osaka campaigns, so I was left in Edo. Tokugawa Hidetada distrusted me even more than his father, so I was transferred to a small fief in Shinano. Who am I?
    It is possible to be too much smarter than your opponent. If you give credit for more subtlety than he has, he can achieve tactical surprise by doing the obvious.

Masanori Fukushima? The leader of the "Seven Spears of Shizugatake"? Just a guess. :D
    "Hope is the Last to Die" Russian Proverb

You guessed correctly on that
    It is possible to be too much smarter than your opponent. If you give credit for more subtlety than he has, he can achieve tactical surprise by doing the obvious.

Alright. :D I'll ask a new one then.

Name the samurai whose life was spared by Hanbei Takenaka. If it had not been for Hanbei's intervention, this son of one of Hideyoshi's other great advisors would have been executed by Nobunaga Oda. This man grey up to serve both Toyotomi and Tokugawa. He fought for Tokugawa in Tokugawa's campaign after Hideyoshi's death. Fighting at Sekigahara, and many other battles for the Tokugawa.

His father however was in Kyushu and not fighting for Tokugawa. His father also was close allies with Kiyomasa Kato.

Who was this samurai?

I think Kuroda Nagamasa?

You are correct sir, and he wore a giant crest on his helmet at Sekigahara... XD It's true lol.

Your question now.

I'm going to be a bit less specific in this one in hope of making it at least a little difficult... I was the 5th Daimyo of one of the Takeda's common enemies. I married one of Tokugawa's daughters, although she bore me no children. My defiance of the Toyotomi led to my downfall, but I was spared after two of my brothers committed seppuku. I lived in exile at Mt. Koya afterwards until I eventually died of smallpox. Who am I

Hojo Ujimasa?

Seems it's just you and me lately Llwelyn.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456