Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Well thanks for making me feel better about my age Tristan. On the other hand based on your evidence it now doesn't look likely I'm going to grow out of this!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Wait, wait, wait... I'M older than BOTH Cecil AND the General?! *Mind blown*
    I'm actually a few months older than you, still being 23 myself. I guess that puts me at around the median age. Nice to know I have at least twenty years before I outgrow these games.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    I'm actually a few months older than you, still being 23 myself. I guess that puts me at around the median age. Nice to know I have at least twenty years before I outgrow these games.
    Oh? I thought you said GH was older than you after he said he was turning 21? Still, I had a firm picture of you being 35 or something like that, so at least now I know I got you on the correct "side".
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 03-05-2011 at 10:32.

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

I'd like to be added behind Zim in the list of people waiting for a character.

As for the age thing, I'm 24.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    I'd like to be added behind Zim in the list of people waiting for a character.

As for the age thing, I'm 24.
    Sorry Flax, I remembered you after I posted but didn't go back and edit it. I'm assuming Cecil has the master list somewhere anyway and I'm sure you're on it!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, beginning the recovery process. I'll get to everything hopefully today sometime.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Sorry Flax, I remembered you after I posted but didn't go back and edit it. I'm assuming Cecil has the master list somewhere anyway and I'm sure you're on it!
    I do have a master list, it's on the first post if this thread, and I added TheFlax to it a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Oh? I thought you said GH was older than you after he said he was turning 21? Still, I had a firm picture of you being 35 or something like that, so at least now I know I got you on the correct "side".
    Yeah, that should have been 'younger' . As for being 35... Fortunately we can't see each other, so I can take that as a compliment.

Is Ignoramus joining this turn as Harold Merode?

Blog Entries

Is Ignoramus joining this turn as Harold Merode?
    Indeed, he is.

Cecil, I got a new computer this weekend and while it looks like everything is working ok I need the names file - I went back to where you originally linked to it but it seems to be gone. Could you please upload it again for me?

thanks!

Blog Entries

Cecil, I got a new computer this weekend and while it looks like everything is working ok I need the names file - I went back to where you originally linked to it but it seems to be gone. Could you please upload it again for me?

thanks!
    Sure thing, here you go.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FYI, I'm holding off with the Frankfurt assault until Theo moves into position.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

If the mission to not attack Hungary has disappeared from the missions list, then it can safely be assumed that the time has expired and Hungary can once again be attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    FYI, I'm holding off with the Frankfurt assault until Theo moves into position.
    I think it's better if you move him for me and I'll take it after that. You have my permission to do so.

Blog Entries

Fair enough, will do so once I wake up tomorrow.

Blog Entries

From the Saves/Reports thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Here is the HRE save, magdeburg has been besieged.
    Ouch, looks like Theo not moving back east after the battle of Frankfurt really might come back to bite us.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

the army besieging magdeburg is pretty small, but there is a large polish army a bit north of Nuremburg coming after you generalhankerchief
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

My apologies for the delay in getting the turn done, there were real life complications. I'll work harder to shorten the turn-around time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    My apologies for the delay in getting the turn done, there were real life complications. I'll work harder to shorten the turn-around time.
    Cecil, if I was running what you had to do every turn it'd take me a week minimum to sort everything out. You have nothing to apologize for.

Hear hear! don't even mention it Cecil you're doing a stand up job!

Yes, yes, but you don't have to tell him that! You'll make the guy relax and take more liberties with his time, making us all wait much longer.

Just kidding! It's fine. I know I've been absent the last few days as well, and it won't get better until about 7 days from now. I've got some 6 pages minimum to write about historical identity and then an exam to take as well on modern history in general. A slow process through this week would thus not hurt me at all.

What happened to that milanese army that was threatening nuremburg last turn?

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

It decided to deal with Lothar ???

(rather than face the mighty Prince...)
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Just a rules check - is Lothar allowed to recruit mercs or should he have asked the Marshall first?

Also I assume his mercs are not to be paid for out of the Marshall's pocket (as I wouldn't have authorised them if so!)

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

I just thought that being rebel, Lothar had a free run of his money... I did it already two turns back so thought I could do it again...

Everything I bought has been paid out of Lothar's treasury... emptied to the last florin before the ransoms were paid.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

I should have noticed myself. Anyway, Lothar's been paying for them so the financing isn't an issue. Let's leave things as they are so long as Lothar and Leopold can come to an IC arrangement, and all further recruitment must follow the rule.

Blog Entries

Ugh, this mercenary rule is a bit annoying. I need to hire some mercs to prepare for the next Polish army, which would ordinarily be fine, except I have to move to the merc-rich province, have phonics take the save, have him hire them for me, and then take the save back and move back to Frankfurt. Seeing as Cecil in the very last post said the merc thing needed to follow the rules though, there's not really much we can do about it though.

Honestly, I think I might just call a quick Emergency Session to change the rule, and this can be justified IC as the Kaiser wanting to save his own skin. Thoughts?

Better to have the discussion IC but I'm afraid all I have time for is a quick post here..

I was planning to propose some legislation around the role and powers of the marshall at the next diet session so can we wait until then for this debate? In the meantime, given the state of emergency in the reich, the prinz as marshall authorises all electors to use their own means to recruit and pay such mercenary forces as are necessary for the defence of the reich.

Zirn is an outlaw anyway so probably we couldn't enforce the law against him anyway..

Blog Entries

And that's all I need.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Honestly, I think I might just call a quick Emergency Session to change the rule, and this can be justified IC as the Kaiser wanting to save his own skin. Thoughts?
    Speaking as a GM, I can say it would be quite encouraging if someone cared enough about the game to want to go to such an extent to change the rules. However, the rule is worded vaguely enough that as long as you have Prince Leopold's permission, you don't need to have phonicsmonkey take the save to actually press the merc recruitment button.

phonics, it sounds like you're going to make an IC post later and I encourage you to do so. That's not to say you were wrong to post what you did of course, as it was a response to GH's OOC issue. Although now that I think about it, with Heinrich's growing insanity he could start raising OOC issues in the Diet...

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast