Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: V&V Saves and Turn-by-Turn Reports

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: V&V Saves and Turn-by-Turn Reports

Here is the map at the start of the season of 1128.

Here are the announcements for this season:
    • Enroute to Prague, Captain Athawolf's men were attacked by a Polish army. After some fighting they were able to retreat, but lost half their numbers. They have reorganized into one regiment and are now in Prague.
    • Representatives of the Thieves' Guild have come forth and offered to establish themselves as the preeminent guild in Milan.
    • The Doge of Venice has past away. As a result, the Republic of Venice has been reconciled with the Papacy.
    • The population of Marseille has now reacehd a point where it may be upgraded into a large town. This will open up new construction options, which in turn will lead to new recruitment options as well. To do this you must upgrade your wooden Palisade to a Wooden Wall. You do not have to do this immediately, but as teh population increases further, overcrowding will eventually start to increase squalor levels and slow down growth.
    • You have greatly pleased His Holiness by refraining from hostile actions against your fellow Christians, the French. He only hopes this newfound peace will last.

In addition, here is the Financial Chart and Assets List.

Finally, here is the save. The turn will end on Sunday, May 15th, at 11:00 GMT.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Taking the save.

Retrained and recruited units in both Prague and Magdeburg, and disbanded a town militia in Prague.

The save is here.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

The Reichsmarshall has recruited one unit of spear militia (320) in Budapest with the permission of himself,
    he has also recruited two units of sergeant spear men (860) and one unit of mounted sergeants (460) in Innsbruck, and 1 unit of spear militia (320) in Vienna
    and leaving his funds at 1019.

Jens Herden has trained one unit of town militia at Budapest (310) and hired one unit of mercenary crossbowmen (860). This leaves his funds at 1519.

Jens Herden has also donated 1 unit of mercenary crossbowmen and 1 unit of spear militia to the army of the Reichsmarshall and consolidated the troops of both his positions in the city of Budapest.

(the town militia belongs to Jens Herden, the rest is the Reichsmarshall.)

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9024
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 05-13-2011 at 21:33.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Taking the save.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Conquered Zagreb, sacked for 2263 (1131 to go to the Marshall), hired dismounted knights. Raised Zagreb's taxes to "very high".

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9026

Blog Entries

Turn ended, please stand by.

Blog Entries

Here is the map at the start of the season of 1128.

• Milan has been taken! The enemy general has set his men loose to pillage the place as they see fit, which means death and worse fates for some of your former people. By right of conquest, they now bow to a new leader... The Venetians!
    • The noble life of Cardinal Peter Scherer has come to an end. In his place, his Holiness the Pope has accepted Thevenin de Brabant of the Kingdom of France into the College of Cardinals.
    • The Doge of Venice has past away. As a result, the Republic of Venice has been reconciled with the Papacy.
    • The population of Marseille has now reacehd a point where it may be upgraded into a large town. This will open up new construction options, which in turn will lead to new recruitment options as well. To do this you must upgrade your wooden Palisade to a Wooden Wall. You do not have to do this immediately, but as teh population increases further, overcrowding will eventually start to increase squalor levels and slow down growth.
    • You have greatly pleased His Holiness by refraining from hostile actions against your fellow Christians, the French. He only hopes this newfound peace will last.

Finally, here is the save. The turn will end on Sunday, May 22nd, at 00:00 GMT.

Blog Entries

Turn ended, please standby.

Blog Entries

Here is the map at the start of the season of 1129.

• King Zbigniew of Poland has truly fallen out of favour with the Pope, who has deemed it necessary to excommunicate him from the Catholic church. While this does not serve as an immediate threat to this Christian lord's position, it is likely that he will soon be at odds with both his people and other more pious Catholic rulers.
    • Marseille has completed construction of a Wooden Wall, and Prague of a Grain Exchange.
    • Reports are coming in from across Western Europe of engineers who have created a miracle mill that requires no stream or river to power it. Supposedly, man has found a way to let the very winds themselves drive massive mill mechanisms, simply by catching it in sails on beams of wood. While the Windmill's effectiveness reportedly dies as the winds do, to those living far from running water, it is sure to be considered a Godsend.
    • Prague has been surrounded by Polish forces and is held under siege. Though safe for the moment, there is no telling whether or not your foes will assault the walls soon, or attempt to starve your defenders out. Perhaps acting first may take your foes by surprise...
    • As Poland has been excommunicated, it matters little how much of their faithless blood you spill. You are no longer charged with ceasing hostilities with this faction.

Finally, here is the save. The turn will end on Friday, May 27th, at 00:00 GMT.

Taking the save. Those blasted Poles are finally going to get the asswhooping they've been asking for for so long!

Margrave Theodericus der Bartige has left a small army (soon to be aided by new spearmen and archer recruits) in Magdeburg under Harold Merode and marched to relieve Prague. Taking his by now infamous cavalry regiments with him, he has ridden in front of the rest of his army, forced a fight with the Polish besiegers and won a clear victory. The ransom was set at 1540 florins, but it was rejected, and the scum have been executed. Good.

The new save is here.

Blog Entries

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

okay, given the other member's of my house's absence I have assumed they granted me recruitment rights and done so. I have also had von Essen take and sack Zagreb (2464 florins) as he had done that before we had to replay.

So I have recruited

Budapest
    Spear Militia (320)
    permission granted

Vienna
    Spear Militia (320)
    permission pending

Innsruck
    Sergeant Spearmen (430)
    Peasant Archers (200)
    Mounted Sergeants (460)
    permission pending

This would leave my (riechmarshal) total funds at 1619.

I have also built roads with in vienna from my own personal funds as count of Budapest, leaving my money at 571

assuming it is not too late, here is the save
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9053
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 05-27-2011 at 22:42.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

Here is the map at the start of the season of 1132.

• Magdeburg and Frankfurt have been surrounded by Polish forces and are held under siege. Though safe for the moment, there is no telling whether or not your foes will assault the walls soon, or attempt to starve your defenders out. Perhaps acting first may take your foes by surprise...

Finally, here is the save. The turn will end on Tuesday, March 31st at 03:00 GMT.

Taking the save.

The siege of Magdeburg has been ended by Margrave Theodericus der Bartige. By attacking during heavy snowfall, the cowardly enemy didn't dare stay on the field but fled back to Stettin. This has made Theodericus feel more respected, thus improving his loyalty, but it has also worsened our relations with the Poles: they are now considered abysmal, as if they weren't that already.

The save can be found right here.

Taking the save.

And after three battle's of Zagreb I finally manage to accidentally kill a general. Pity it wasn't mine. Von Magdeburg fell bravely dueling the Hungarian Lord that met us in the city.

Zagreb sacked for 2557. 1278 to the Reichsmarshall as required. An additional 500 to Lord Jens for his roads. If I have calculated correctly that leaves me 2222 between the money from sacking Zagreb and my own personal treasury. This amount I donate to the Emperor for use in its defense or any other use he sees fit.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9057

Moved the Reichsmarshall west with his troops that were in Budapest, I also constructed dirt roads in Vienna with Jens Herden's funds (500) I also assumed permission was granted for the troop requests and recruited them, I will cancel this if permission is removed.

Budapest
    2 Spear Militia (640)
    permission granted

Vienna
    2 Spear Militia (640)
    permission pending

Innsruck
    Sergeant Spearmen (430)
    Peasant Archers (200)
    Mounted Sergeants (460)
    permission pending
    total of 2370
    This would leave my total funds at 1558.

here is the save
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9058

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

EDIT: here is the save

The Prinz laid siege to Venetian-held Milan. Hired Merc Frankish knights (1080) and Merc Spear (660) on the way.

Nightbringer, I will pay for the roads in Vienna, I give you permission to recruit there and I also relieve you of your tax of 500 florins per turn.

I took the liberty of lowering taxes in Genoa to stop it revolting after I left and raising them in Marseilles to make whoever is receiving that income more money. Hope that's ok with whoever that is (GH?)
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 05-30-2011 at 12:59.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Blog Entries

Turn ended, please stand by.

Blog Entries

Here is the map at the start of the season of 1134.

• Zagreb has been placed under siege by the Hungarians.
    • The Pope has ordered the Reich to refrain from Hostile actions against Venice.
    • There is rioting in Genoa.

Finally, here is the save. The turn will end on Friday, June 10th at 23:00 GMT.

Taking the save

EDIT: here it is

Recruited one unit of merc xbows (860fl)

I may take the save again later depending on other players' responses.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 06-09-2011 at 00:33.

Taking the save.

Sorry for taking time with the save. Stettin (I believe? The castle north-east of Magdeburg) has been besieged with the Polish king within it.

Here's the save.

Taking the save.
    I moved towards Zagreb to help relieve it but am awaiting word from the Kaiser real quick if possible.

Also, a potential problem. On my initial take of the save a spy died trying to check out a Hungarian army (with an 84% chance ). However, I realised I accidentally took the original save for the turn, not the latest one. I made the same moves on the correct save but the spy survived. What should we do about that, Cecil?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9089
    Last edited by Zim; 06-10-2011 at 06:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I made the same moves on the correct save but the spy saved. What should we do about that, Cecil?
    It's up to Cecil of course but I would have thought the key words are highlighted above. As I understand it the random seed is set at the start of the turn and is altered by subsequent actions within the turn. So every time you load the same save and repeat the same action the same outcome will occur.

Given the second time you loaded the save you were supposed to load in the first place, the spy was never 'supposed' to die!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    It's up to Cecil of course but I would have thought the key words are highlighted above. As I understand it the random seed is set at the start of the turn and is altered by subsequent actions within the turn. So every time you load the same save and repeat the same action the same outcome will occur.

Given the second time you loaded the save you were supposed to load in the first place, the spy was never 'supposed' to die!
    Yes, that's right. We will go with the results from the correct save.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 06-10-2011 at 23:31.

Blog Entries

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast