Thread: Need a save file

Default Need a save file

I am very new to this forum and I have no clue where to put this so I am placing it here, hoping someone will help me...
    Well, I have a problem where when i click imperial campaign then a faction it goes to the previous screen.
    But that isn't what i want help with. i have read the forums and they all say you will have to uninstall Rome Total War and then re-patch it blah-blah-blah. Now the thing is that i don't want to play as the Julii,Scipii etc. again so i am wondering if there is a save file of Egypt right when it starts out i.e right when you click the start campaign thing with Egypt.
    Now if someone tells me how to skip the imperial campaign with Rome and play as the the other factions after uninstalling that would be great. But all I want is the save file of Egypt when it starts up. So i was wondering how to get this file....

Much obliged

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Default Re: Need a save file

I know this is an old thread but no one answered so please forgive me for resurrecting it :P

Quote Originally Posted by King Singh View Post
    I am very new to this forum and I have no clue where to put this so I am placing it here, hoping someone will help me...
    And you're in the right spot! :D I think... Welcome to the .Org!

Well, I have a problem where when i click imperial campaign then a faction it goes to the previous screen.
    But that isn't what i want help with. i have read the forums and they all say you will have to uninstall Rome Total War and then re-patch it blah-blah-blah. Now the thing is that i don't want to play as the Julii,Scipii etc. again so i am wondering if there is a save file of Egypt right when it starts out i.e right when you click the start campaign thing with Egypt.
    So if I'm understanding you right your imperial campaign won't start up... I can make you a save game and upload it to filefront if you want but I'm pretty sure that a save wont work if the campaign doesn't and I need to know what difficulty you want it set to, long campaign/short campaign, etc...

Now if someone tells me how to skip the imperial campaign with Rome and play as the the other factions after uninstalling that would be great. But all I want is the save file of Egypt when it starts up. So i was wondering how to get this file....
    This I can definitely help you with :) Now if you reinstall Rome - Total War and follow these instructions I'll walk you through the process...

1) Uninstall and Reinstall Rome - Total War
    2) Go the location you installed it in, for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    3) From that directory, go into \data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    4) Open descr_strat.txt
    5) Replace this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by descr_strat.txt
    campaign imperial_campaign
    playable
    romans_julii
    romans_brutii
    romans_scipii
    end
    unlockable
    egypt
    seleucid
    carthage
    germans
    greek_cities
    parthia
    gauls
    britons
    macedon
    end
    nonplayable
    romans_senate
    pontus
    armenia
    dacia
    numidia
    scythia
    spain
    thrace
    slave
    end

with this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by descr_strat.txt
    campaign imperial_campaign
    playable
    romans_julii
    romans_brutii
    romans_scipii
    egypt
    end
    unlockable
    seleucid
    carthage
    germans
    greek_cities
    parthia
    gauls
    britons
    macedon
    end
    nonplayable
    romans_senate
    pontus
    armenia
    dacia
    numidia
    scythia
    spain
    thrace
    slave
    end

They will not be in the exact order in your copy of descr_strat but the order doesn't matter. The important thing is that egypt is moved from underneath unlockable to the playable section :)

Much obliged
    No problem :) let me know if you need any more help and enjoy playing!
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you