Thread: Probs introing new animals to RTW

Default Probs introing new animals to RTW

Hi, I’m looking for a bit of help on introducing a new animal to the game, not a mount like a horse etc but with a handler like wardog. Have tried various combinations with the descr_animals, with the DMB and the EDU, they look fine and the text looks like it closely resembles the wardog and the pig models, but the game just CTD’s on the splash screen not even getting to the custom battle which I was hoping to test it on. I might see if I can replace the pig model or something, but that sucker bursts into flames etc and I want to use the wardog. The model I’m wanting to use is a Tiger (for an Eastern fantasy thing) I made some time ago when I had hold of 3Dmax and comes up fine on the Gmax as a model. I would also like to re-skin the wardog figure but that’s proving difficult too.
    Any advice from you folks out there.

With thanks
    Big Bear

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Default Re: Probs introing new animals to RTW

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Hi, I’m looking for a bit of help on introducing a new animal to the game, not a mount like a horse etc but with a handler like wardog. Have tried various combinations with the descr_animals, with the DMB and the EDU, they look fine and the text looks like it closely resembles the wardog and the pig models, but the game just CTD’s on the splash screen not even getting to the custom battle which I was hoping to test it on. I might see if I can replace the pig model or something, but that sucker bursts into flames etc and I want to use the wardog. The model I’m wanting to use is a Tiger (for an Eastern fantasy thing) I made some time ago when I had hold of 3Dmax and comes up fine on the Gmax as a model. I would also like to re-skin the wardog figure but that’s proving difficult too.
    Any advice from you folks out there.

With thanks
    Big Bear
    If you try turning on -show_err and post the error message I think we can probably help
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

Hi, thanks for the offer of help, but the damned thing doesen't even get to that stage, it CTD's at the Introductory splash screen. It was sugested on another site that it is a hard code problem, so it may be impossible. However I'm valiantly trying to replace the flaming pig with the requisite tiger figure, if that fails then maybe introing the tigers as a main unit figure in a small unit with the officers being the handlers etc.

Thanks for the attantion given, apreciated
    Big Bear

Hi, got the tigers to come up, they work fine by using a new CAS file renamed for pigs, (luckily the tga file was saved in the right folder when the figure was made i was expecting to have to edit the pig tga). The only prob is that my Pussycats go woof when they should go meow because i changed the class entry in the desc animals thing to wardogs to avoid them bursting into flames. I would like to keep the wardog because i got them done as Tosa Fighting Dogs for another faction. I think it will be easy enough to alter the Wardogs barking with the sound files, but that means a choice.
    I was wondering before i actualy instaled BI onto a RTW 1.5 I'm working with. If it can be worked through the BI.exe thing. You know bringing up the origional dog from the BI folder, which would also mean another couple of animals could be introed. The exploding Pigs gave me an idea for something i would like to introduce in the game. Any Tutorials on this, or advice?

With thanks
    Big Bear