Hi, I'm Socal_Infidel. Some of you may remember me from such AARs as The House of Seleukos: The History of the Arche Seleukeia . Anyway, I've gotten back into EB 1.2 and am considering starting up a new AAR but was first looking for ways to make EB look better.

I personally find certain elements of the strat map to be visually unappealing. Since I plan on writing my next AAR in an historical fashion again, I find map screenshots look better with no region borders. Also, I think it's kind of silly and unfair how I can plant my army right on the border without crossing over so as not to invoke the wrath of the AI.

I also find the red glowing battle field border to look ridiculous, as well. Seeing one in a screenshot takes me out of an AAR somewhat.

So inspired by this thread, I came up with this mini-mod to remove the region boundary borders and the sandy settlement/fort footprints beneath a city on the strat map, as well as the red battle map border on the, well, battlemap.

STRAT MAP SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EGYPT BEFORE

EGYPT AFTER

GREECE BEFORE

GREECE AFTER

ITALY BEFORE

ITALY AFTER

BABYLONIA BEFORE

BABYLONIA AFTER

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE SCREENSHOTS ARE FROM A PERSONALLY MODIFIED VERSION OF EB 1.2 THAT INCLUDES NEW STRAT MAP TERRAIN TEXTURES. THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS MINI-MOD, AS A GOOD NUMBER OF THEM ARE FROM RSII

BATTLEMAP SCREENSHOTS

TO INSTALL:
1] DOWNLOAD FROM FILEFRONT
2] Place .rar file in your ...\Rome - Total War folder
2a] As this mod will overwrite some Vanilla files you may want to make back-ups of them should you desire to revert back. You should therefore back-up the following VANILLA files:

STRAT MAP BORDERS:

data\terrain\aerial_map\indicators\region_borders_general
data\terrain\aerial_map\indicators\region_borders_main_colour
data\terrain\aerial_map\indicators\region_borders_primary
data\terrain\aerial_map\indicators\region_borders_secondary
data\terrain\aerial_map\indicators\region_borders_secondary_colour

BATTLE-MAP BORDERS:

data\textures\battlefield_border

3] Extract files
4] Confirm file replace for all files when prompted with the the following file already exists message
5] Play EB
6] Write AARs!

Regards,
S_I