Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norwegian Of The Year 2010

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re: Norwegian Of The Year 2010

Nah, that's just you two - spoiled Brit and pampered Norwegian - pretending you are living in a brutal dictatorship.

Spend some time in an actual hellhole, where opposing voices are really under threat of violent removal.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Blog Entries

This coming from the texan. We dont think we are under cruel dictatorships you sanctimonious preacher we think we are ruled by cruel politicians. True, there isnt much difference, but the point stands.

Personally I dont think I could have gotten it better, I'm in one of the most wealthy countries in the world and a national past that is second to none and I am grateful to the people who made it possible for me to bitch about the world from the conforts of british society. Yeah its hard in those cruel dangerous corners of the world and there are people who would kill to get even a fraction of the oppertunities I got. But, to be frank, after listening to people like you that think we should be be paralyzed with guilt every moment of every day for being lucky, I feel less sympathy for the destitute and oppressed and more utter disdane for the sanctimonious twat preaching at me, I get enough of that in college so please, stop trying.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 01-17-2011 at 13:25.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the texan

We have teh guns in Texas so politicians can't supress us.
    Not everything

Blog Entries

Yes because a gun is so effective against government tanks.
    And read the updated post.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Easy there, Greyblades

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Easy there, Greyblades

I know, I know. But I realy am getting sick of people trying to gult me just because I am fortunate, its like shunning people for being rich its confusing and irritatingly irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    Nah, that's just you two - spoiled Brit and pampered Norwegian - pretending you are living in a brutal dictatorship.

Spend some time in an actual hellhole, where opposing voices are really under threat of violent removal.
    Why should I?

Should I accept theft because other people get killed? You've stopped making sense, Louis.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Personally I dont think I could have gotten it better, I'm in one of the most wealthy countries in the world and a national past that is second to none
    Well over here in the Texas we have got politically neutral history books. And they have thought me otherwise: the British can't hold a candle compared to their cultural and intellectual superiors across the Channel. Also, my history teacher said that the French clearly are more manly men than the effeminate Limeys, of which he suspected an unusually high number to be benders.

Obama has said so too last week.

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    You've stopped making sense, Louis.
    'People without proper visas are refused entry all of the time. People without proper residence permits are returned home all of the time. This does not an oppressive dictatorship make. Norway does not customarily silence dissenting voices.'
    Not everything

Blog Entries

Well over here in the Texas we have got politically neutral history books. And they have thought me otherwise: the British can't hold a candle compared to their cultural and intellectual superiors across the Channel.
    France? Hah! Our most memorable leader controled a quarter of the world, thier's tried and repeatedly failed to take over europe. And another thing [Insert nationalistic posturing here]

Where have I made any serious suggestions that I live in a dictatorship, Louis...?

Part of my argument is that we are exactly the opposite, and because we are a liberal demcracy we cannot allow such behaviour.

We have happily sent important ministers and party leaders into retirement because of things like accepting a bottle of wine or screwing up their tax returns, causing her to pay a few thousand NOK less in tax than she should've, only because she misunderstood the rules.

And I am perfectly happy with that situation, I belirve that is the way it should be. You can have your corruption and power-politics all to yourself, Louis, I don't want the filth here.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

France? Hah! Our most memorable leader controled a quarter of the world, thier's tried and repeatedly failed to take over europe. And another thing [Insert nationalistic posturing here]
    Yea thats something to be proud about all right
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Blog Entries

Being the country that came closest to ruling the world? Why wouldn't it?

What part did you play in that?

If the answer is "none", how can one be proud of "nothing"?

Blog Entries

What part did modern americans take in the revolution, or the civil war? And yet they seem pretty proud of it, why can't I?

as Horetore already said you had no part in that so it is merely a fact in a school book to you, now our grandparents they did and saw things we will never equal.

Blog Entries

Your point being?

What part did modern americans take in the revolution, or the civil war? And yet they seem pretty proud of it, why can't I?
    seriously you want to be "Proud" of subjugating various peoples and countries all over the world, often denying them the access to material goods of there own country etc etc you get the idea.

Since when did two wrongs make a right?

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

She's white and has tits what did you think would happen?

Even in such "enlightened" countries like Norway turn a blind eye to the xenophiba which gnaws at humanities bassest tribal instinicts

Only in France can a man truly be free
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    seriously you want to be "Proud" of subjugating various peoples and countries all over the world, often denying them the access to material goods of there own country etc etc you get the idea.
    What I want? I want to be proud of the fact that we used to have an empire that spread around the world, that could smash any other nation into the dirt one on one. What I want is to live in a country that doesn't instantly think of racisim when the words national pride are utterd and doesn't consider at one point being the most influential nation of all time an embarrassment! I dont want to be part of a nation that gets most of its media from a flag waving nation and doesnt wave its own flag because of a bunch of racist bigots put a stigma on it because they used it in a poxy rally! [rant contines for several pages but I'll spare you them]

tl:dr : my country sucks in comparison to the old days and doesnt even want to aknowlege it.

Good god, I just realised, I want to be an american.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 01-17-2011 at 20:12.

What I want? I want to be proud of the fact that we used to have an empire that spread around the world, that could smash any other nation into the dirt one on one. What I want is to live in a country that doesn't instantly think of racisim when the words national pride are utterd and consider at one point being the most influential nation of all time an embarrassment! I dont want to be part of a nation that gets most of its media from a flag waving nation and doesnt wave its own flag because of a bunch of racist bigots put a stigma on it because they used it in a poxy rally! [rant contines for several pages but I'll spare you them]

tl:dr : my country sucks in comparison to the old days and doesnt even want to aknowlege it.

Good god, I just realised, I want to be an american.
    I got news for you my good man your country sucked in the good old days too or the rest of the world would not have been so happy to kick ye out.

By all means be proud of individual achievements like the the steam engine etc etc but I am afraid you cant separate the racist element from much of Britains achievements as an empire.

By the way I laugh at your assertion that english people are not patriotic and don't wave there flag they do
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 01-17-2011 at 20:18.

Blog Entries

...You realy dont know what you are talking about do you?

...You realy dont know what you are talking about do you?

Actually I bet I know more about the dangers of flag waving than you ever will

Update:

The courts released her today. The government-instructed prosecutor appealed the decision, however, and Maria remains in Trandum concentration camp.

The former minister of Justice, Anne Holt, and the leader of the lawyer assocation has today said that:
    1. There are legal grounds for Maria to stay. There is no reason to change any laws to allow her to stay.
    2. The law does not exiest to treat us all equally. The law is designed to treat us unequally, or in other words, to take into account the different sitiuations we find ourselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    Actually I bet I know more about the dangers of flag waving than you ever will
    Yes the constant Hellmans and Heinz battle has torn the relam of mayo apart for decades now

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Blog Entries

Uh huh, you really do know nothing about the british empire.
    Ahem.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 01-17-2011 at 20:30.

Racist and exploitative come to mind

To harken back to the days where you kept 1 billion people under your jackboot is an odd thing, your time in the sun is only that way becuase you're being held up by the billions of African and Asains who humanity you stripped
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 01-17-2011 at 20:24.

My country and it's politics is still shaped by our relationship to your country, just like the moon causes the tide.

My family is still shaped by our early part in the independence struggle, which many members suffered greatly for.

have you guessed where I'm from yet

Yes the constant Hellmans and Heinz battle has torn the relam of mayo apart for decades now
    sep 2003 to jan 2011 I was wondering how long it would take to see that joke on the org

Blog Entries

have you guessed where I'm from yet
    No and I dont much care.

but I am afraid you cant separate the racist element from much of Britains achievements as an empire
    We were the first country to end the slave trade we even went to the trouble of invading france's and other colonies to preven them from shipping slaves to america. In fact our golden age was well after the fact. The only reason we didn't help the confederates secceed from the US was because they had slaves.
    To be frank, when the world was racist we started the whole acceptance thing off. Now we dont even get a blasted T-shirt.

By the way I laugh at your assertion that english people are not patriotic and don't wave there flag they do.
    I live here I look out of my window and I see no flags, I go to london the only flags are on government buildings. The only time we do get flags out is for football and even then its the george cross not the Union Jack.

Racist and exploitative come to mind
    see above
    To harken back to the days where you kept 1 billion people under your jackboot is an odd thing, your time in the sun is only that way becuase you're being held up by the billions of African and Asains who humanity you stripped
    As were the french and the spanish and the dutch and even the poxy belgians. You say jackboot but I realy have to point out that in comparison to all the other empires of the world we may not have been the best but we sure as heck wornt anywhere near the worst.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 01-17-2011 at 20:37.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast