Well, there are tons of things which could be improved.
Alone the fact, that there is are no supplies in this game at all cut off a the whole "partisan" thing. If you bring this in, you had a lot more harassing. Im sure, that you would see a lot more activity on attack supplies, than real big battles.

This said, there is a clear idea behind this, simply as that would kinda kill the initial idea of the great battles. I could go on, but everyone with some phantasy can imagine himself...

I think that MP and SP sit in the same boot. At the end it has just some flaws which hardly can be adjust with the 10 year old basic TW-system.
If you look at the different ideas behind the campaign and the online battle you actual will see why it is like this.

In every TW game you increase the buildings, build more and more to get "new" and better units. This units has to be better, to give you something back. Thats a logic step if you think about the idea of an campaign. So while the MP ask for balance within all units, the MP dont really want such a balance. If you spent time and more money on newer units, you want something in return!

The problem is here since many years, the solution is easy and is obvious, but never really got on the road.
We need 2 different unit-setups.

MP and SP never will focus on the same aspects, thats the nature of the different likings of those people.
This isnt bad at all, its just a little bit more difficult to deal with for CA.
We shouldnt look for things we can use or do together, we should look, how we can clearly divide those both parts.

Cut it, and give the SP what they want and the SP what they want.
The most fun i had at the time, as the units did run smooth, had very low bugs, the units did follow my orders... and the game was balanced, with a lower amount of units.
The more units we have, the harder it is to balance it.

I miss the focus on the most important aspects of the game: Gameplay, balance, good connections, no drops, a good amount of bugfree maps...

There are so many ways to improve this game, but as long units run somewhere on the map, just not where i want them, as long people crash or drop from the game all the day,
as long i give orders and the game just dont react.... as long those things are not solved, i dont care for better grafic, beautiful siege game, fire-arrows or shadows....
All those vids I saw the last weeks/months are just eyecandy and nothing of this do work or solve on the wellknown problems.

All in all, we speak here since months now, waiting once again for a game which most likely will disappoint many of us.