Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want a Spanish Baby? Dial 1-800-PRIEST

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re: Want a Spanish Baby? Dial 1-800-PRIEST

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    ...Man I miss John Paul II.
    JPII certainly had more redeeming qualities than God's Rottweiler Ratzinger. Even so, JPII was an old man, he slept while both the sexual abuse case and the cradle snatching scandal went on.
    And that's the friendly take. The other story is that of JPII not sleeping at all, but remaining a grand strategist for whom the spread of Catholicism overrides any moral consideration.

For example:

Here is JPII giving his blessing to Marcial Maciel, founder of Christ's Legionaries, during a special audience the pontiff granted, at the Vatican, in 2004.

Christ's Legionaries are a massive organisation. There are 1,000 Legion priests in 22 countries and over 2,500 seminarians. They run very traditional Catholic schools and charities with its lay movement, Regnum Christi, who has about 70,000 members (competing with Opus Dei 80,000 members). Marcial Maciel is also a prodigous fundraiser, collecting $650 million annually. Hence he was blessed by John Paul.

Marcial Maciel is also a drug addict, serial rapist, and the father of several children by at least two women. He even anally raped his own biological son. Naturally, one need have little illusion about the goings on in the global seminaries chain this serial rapist founded. A thousand priests, presented with tens of thousands of little boys on a silver platter, while pious or cretinous believers pay them $650 million dollar a year.

So much money, that John Paul - ever the practical pope - protected this man to the last, kept heaping praise and blessing upon him. Maciel remained a man whom John Paul much admired, despite his being perfectly aware of the 'sinful' side of this incestuous paedophile.

That's John Paul for you.

~~o~~o~~<<oOo>>~~o~~o~~

You are talking bollox, Louis.

Surely the above can't be true?
    I am most serious. Here is the scathing portrait of this wicked man as presented by the National Catholic Reporter itself: NCR
    Maciel secured scholarships for his seminarians in Spain from the Franco government. “We were like an army,
    the army of Jesus Christ,” recalled Alejandro Espinosa, the author of a searing memoir, El
    Legionario, a best-seller in Mexico.

By the 1950s Maciel had a seminary in Rome. Cultivating wealthy supporters, he also built Our

Lady of Guadalupe Basilica in Rome, honoring Mexico’s patron saint. But in 1956 Pope Pius XII
    removed him as the Legion’s director when Maciel was hospitalized for morphine addiction.
    Seminarians who had taken vows never to speak ill of Maciel defended him in a Vatican
    investigation into his secret life. Says Juan Vaca, now a psychology professor in Long Island,
    N.Y.: “I lied.” From age 12 to 24, Vaca, in what he termed a twisted psychosexual relationship
    with Maciel, “loved the figure of the founder, the priest … not the predator.”

Another victim, Jose Barba, now a college professor in Mexico City said: “We all lied.” Barba

earned a doctorate in Latin American studies at Harvard after leaving the Legion in 1962. “I said
    simply that he was a saint … as I had been taught.”

In the interregnum between Pius XII’s death and the election of Pope John XXIII, Cardinal

Clemente Micara, the vicar of Rome, re-instated Maciel, although under Vatican rules he lacked
    the authority to do so.

Defended by his victims, Maciel had a protective wall in the secret vows the boys took never to

criticize any superior. A Legion mantra, “lost vocation, sure damnation” sent certain of his victims
    into therapy in later life. The early victims reconnected with one another slowly, over many years.

One of the founding texts of the religious order this man founded in between anally raping his biological son, was the 1959 book El salterio de mis días. I tells the authobiographical story of the many persecutions this poor man has had to endure. The persecutions served as an inspiration to his Catholic followers everywhere.
    However, in 2010 the Vatican in 2010 finally admitted what desperate Spanish had claimed all along. Namely, that the entire book was plagiarised from the posthumously published memoirs in 1956 of a Spanish politician. A politician who died in 1943, as a victim of persectuion by Franco and the church.

So not only did they murder this politician, they then stole his memoirs and presented his story of persecution as their own. This then became the holy book of an ultra-catholic order founded by a serial rapist, which made so much money the founding priest could continue anally raping his own son with the continued blessing and protection to the last by John Paul II.

The depravity of the Vatican is unlimited.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

@ Louis

Do you see this as part of a Papal Conspiracy?

I am not a friend of The Church, or religion in general for that matter but I don’t see this issue as purely a church created problem.

I won’t say that pedophiles and the depraved have not put on a cloak to hide within the church and have some institutional protection.

But do you think that every Pope from 1939 until today has been working to further the aims of these people?
    Last edited by Fisherking; 01-31-2011 at 13:15.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Sorry. Quite upset. Cannot reply at the present time.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Well, it's not exactly news to me.

Some years ago a fellow christian gave me some of these little booklets that is for non-christians to show them how evil the world is and help them accept Jesus as their saviour.
    One of them said that there were two catholic cloisters, one for nuns, one for monks, between them a secret underground tunnel was found which contained the dead bodies of many babies.
    I haven't verified the story back then and have neither any recollection of the details nor the booklet anymore, but perhaps someone else knows more about this?

My parents have also raised me with great suspicion towards the catholic church and especially the vatican (not so much towards the common believer), my dad firmly believes that the 30-day-pope or what he's called was killed by the vatican because he didn't exactly share their ideals as they have been brought up in this thread.

And then there's a host of problems most evangelical christians and protestants see with the whole saint worship etc., without wanting to troll anyone but the belief is that the devil would want people to worship anyone other than God with the goal to lure people away from God.
    I haven't put a lot of energy into researching and verifying these things but the catholic church is an institution I wouldn't miss at all I must say.
    There are indeed some individuals that have done a lot of good in the name of the Catholic Church but IMO they were good people who had no idea about the atrocities their organization committed at the higher levels and it doesn't excuse the behaviour of the leadership either.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

How 1 billion people still follow such a corrupt and moraly bankrupt organazation is beyond my chomprehension.

If this was any other government or company (perhaps mafia is a more apt term) there would be riots in the streets and a shake up at the top.

Instead all we get is a bunch of half hearted aplogies from old men who make a living off of little old ladies. Clearly not concerend with how they will be judged, I guess when you are a man of the cloth you are beyond reproach
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Worshipping saints is idolatry, and is pretty clearly a no-no.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Worshipping saints is idolatry, and is pretty clearly a no-no.

Being a non-believer, do you actually care about that stuff in the slightest?
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Being a non-believer, do you actually care about that stuff in the slightest?
    Sort of. If people can believe this, it opens the floodgates for other insane things that might affect me. Kissing old pictures might not be a problem, hacking me to death because I don't would be.

Last edited by rory_20_uk; 01-31-2011 at 18:06.
    An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Sort of. If people can believe this, it opens the floodgates for other insane things that might affect me. Kissing old pictures might not be a problem, hacking me to death because I don't would be.

So telling a billion people they are idolaters is the safe way out?

no, nobody’s been hacked to death for anything like that before have they?

Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    no, nobody’s been hacked to death for anything like that before have they?
    Is this supposed to be sarcastic? People have in droves.

yes

Mark Twain

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

In fairness, you're more likely to face reprisals for kissing an icon by an angry Proddy than you are by a Catholic for not kissing one. Cos we Proddies are crazy!
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12