Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Koinon Hellenon: Athens X Sparta (.org X TWCenter), a participative AAR - Athenai

Default Re: Koinon Hellenon: Athens X Sparta (.org X TWCenter), a participative AAR - Athenai

This is why god is a dictator and not a democrat

Default Re: Koinon Hellenon: Athens X Sparta (.org X TWCenter), a participative AAR - Athenai

If God had to be pagan, he would be Spartan. Beat that.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Okay... I have no idea what you two are talking about.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

248 BC
    The Last Drop

A letter from Molinas Hermaios, former messenger of the Koinon Hellenon

There was something wrong that night. The stars were fading out in the sky. The wind was blowing low, warm in our feet.

It was like the gods had abandoned us.

We were stationed in Bythinia. I was going to deliver the orders of the athenian assembly to the strategos. But I knew something was going to happen.

I knew the orders were never to be delivered.

When I got to Doros's tent, there was a mob around it and the men ran for their weapons and armor. I heard screams, one of them: "Doros has been assassinated!"

Another: "By the Spartans!"

Fighting began soon after. This was the encampment of the Koinon Stratia: there were Athenians and Spartans, Rhodians and Korinthians. The Strategos was dead. The athenians did not take his death lightly, and so did not the spartans towards the accusations.

I apologize to the brave readers of this letter, but I had to flee.

The civil war began that night.

Molinas Hermaios,
    Alexandreia, 247 BC

Due to his grudges with Doros and his involvment in the Krypteia, Agis was rumored to have been the murderer.

Yes! I killed him! It was me! I did it! HAHAHA!

Meanwhile, a Spartan coup attempt was intercepted in Rhodos. Private troops, rumored to be financed by the Spartan royalty, landed secretly in Rhodos in an attempt to coup the polis. After a night of fighting in the streets and in the palace, Eugenios Rhodios and the loyalists emerged victorious. The Rhodian Crisis was solved by blood.

It was me! I killed them too! I killed everyone! HAHAHAHA!

Agis had not taken well the lack of support by his own polis to him in the last elections, when he wanted support to be re-elected as Strategos. The accusations, even by his friends, after the death of Doros where the last drop. The heir to the Spartan Eurypontid throne has gone mad.

Which is why you need me, fellow Spartans. I am Damasos Souniakos of Sparte, Tyrannos of Makedonia and husband of Hermine Agiados of the royal famliy. The civil war is coming now, it is inevitable. And in these times Sparta cannot afford to have a mad man in the throne!

Make me heir to the throne in this madman's place. It is the only good thing you can do for your polis.

My only wish is to serve Sparte. If you refuse this, I will have to find another way to serve my polis: I will have to side with the Athenians to rise to the Spartan throne after this war is over.

You must do the right thing for Sparte.

A group of richly ornamented infantry triumphantly entered Athenai.

Leading them was a man wearing bloody robes and a war helm.

His name?

Doros Aithalidos Attikos.

I live!

The people have acclaimed me as a hero in my journey back to my home Athenai! They need me, they know I am the last great man in Athenai - they cried with the news of my death, but now that they see the Spartans have failed to kill me, they see hope!

I ask you: could some Spartan assassinate Herakles? Could one assassinate Odysseos? Likewise, they could obviously not assassinate me!

I am here to save Athenai. There will be a war, one like never before, and I will lead our polis to victory.

With the support of the people, I declare myself Tyrannos of Athenai.

Men of the Assembly, I am the only Athenian strategos able to win this war.

You must support me!

Some claimed Doros staged his own assassination in order to start the civil war and rise to power in Athens as a tyrannos. "You'd think he had plenty of time to clean those bloody robes, or wear new ones!" said the philosophers.

Will the Athenians side with their Strategos, risking a tyranny that could destroy Athenian democracy?

Will the Spartans remain loyal to a mad king, or will they replace the rightful heir with Damasos, who will otherwise betray Sparte and side with the Athenians in the Civil War?

The future is in your hands, wise men of the assemblies!

The Koinon Hellenon is no more. Those times are past us.

These are times of civil war.

OOC NOTES:

Hello. This update ends the first part of this AAR, "Koinon Hellenon", and thus ends this thread.

The AAR will continue in a second thread that will be made in the future. When? I'm not sure. I'd say July is a good estimate, so that's 2 months from now. I apologize to those who want it sooner.

You guys may of course continue to discuss plans for the next moves in this thread.

I will not be gone at all during this break time as well, I'll be here talking to you guys. I can answer any questions you might have.

I'd like to thank everyone who read and participated in this AAR so far, especially:

Sparte (TWC forums):

Populus Romanus
    savage feat
    Diomede
    MIDN Mainolfi
    Arthur, king of the Britons
    scutarilegion
    ArtoriusRex
    Cannibalking
    ♔Agamemnon♔
    |Sith|2|Lazyo
    Maiar93
    _Augustus_
    Ranger Blue
    Phalangites
    Cassibellane
    Gotenus
    Vercingetorix King of Gauls
    Beckitz
    Xoxoman
    ReD_OcToBeR
    lmt96
    Zarniwoop
    Paltmull
    Greenlizard0.
    XxAndrewxX2525
    Beer Money
    HUtH
    Wulfburk
    dezikeizer

Athenai (.org forums):

Sir Ian Kevin Curtis
    Gaius Sempronius Gracchus
    Paltmull
    Walle
    Vaginacles
    Greenlizard0.
    fireblade
    Jaertecken
    The_Blacksmith
    Biowulf
    Drag0nUL
    Enyalio
    Rahl
    Titus Marcellus Scato
    pockettank
    Lazy O
    Unintended BM
    Antinous
    Octavian I
    Iron Fist
    Hotseat_User
    Pyrrhus The Great
    G. Septimus
    fomalhaut
    Ludens
    huth
    Sdragon

Thanks everyone!

Influence:

You're going down, es! Muwahahahahaha!

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Athenoi! I have created a usergroup for us, as a place where we can discuss the battle plans in secrecy: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/group.php?groupid=157

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    You're going down, es! Muwahahahahaha!
    We'll just have to see about that, binky boy!
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 04-25-2011 at 10:49.

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Thanks Molinaargh for putting me on the "thanks" list, even though I haven't been around much lately. I'll try to be more involved once you start updating again!
    https://europabarbarorum.com/i/sigimages/hay-sig.jpg

Molina, I was thinking of advertising this AAR in the Gameroom (or whatever place these sorts of things are normally advertised), to gather more active members here at the org. Silly as it may sound; I wonder is that okay with you?

Also, the last update was awesome, epic video etc. Thank you very much for this AAR, and know that we will look forward to its follow-up AAR.
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 04-24-2011 at 12:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ian Kevin Curtis View Post
    Molina, I was thinking of advertising this AAR in the Gameroom (or whatever place these sorts of things are normally advertised), to gather more active members here at the org. Silly as it may sound; I wonder is that okay with you?

Also, the last update was awesome, epic video etc. Thank you very much for this AAR, and know that we will look forward to its follow-up AAR.
    Sure, I'd be honored. It's a bit unfortunate timing since the AAR is on hold, but I guess people can still read the previous updates. There's the summary in the TWC for easy browsing and reading, I've linked it in the first post of this thread.

Glad you liked the video, I spent way too much time in it just because I was having so much fun. But I should've recorded better battle footage, more epic shots of the armies perhaps.

Influence:

Update regarding the usergroup: I've changed it to an invite only group temporarily, but it will relatively soon be open to all other orgah's (with the exception of Spartan spies. I've invited all who've posted/proposed in this thread, and for those invited; please accept the invitation as soon as possible. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Molinaargh View Post
    Sure, I'd be honored. It's a bit unfortunate timing since the AAR is on hold, but I guess people can still read the previous updates. There's the summary in the TWC for easy browsing and reading, I've linked it in the first post of this thread
    Oh, okay.
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 04-25-2011 at 17:25.

Although I haven't been very active lately, I've still followed this thread. I hope I can be more active when it starts again. As I said earlier, I was a bit sceptical towards the idea of a forced civil war, but I've changed my mind. This will surely make things very interesting, and hopefully bring new life to this amazing AAR.

Hey, I'm really new here, but I like EB and Greece, so here goes:
    My name is Pericles of Korinthos, I am a loyal citizen of Athenai (I moved), and I love to make war plans.

I propose that instead of trying to make peace with the spartan scum, we defend our lands around Athenai, and instead wear them down on the frontier.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Welcome Spartathenian of Corinth ()

I am but a ghost, not to be remembered here, though I wish I could have even been included in the list for at least, one last honor. Molina won't read my messages but anyways. As one of the first members and stirring-uppers, I welcome you on behalf of all the guys.

Also, do me the favour of at least quoting this bit here, in order for Molinhaarg (aka Molina) to know something important.

I guess you will take the "control faction" method, but if not; I suggest you use the "kill_character" to ward off the old guys to the Hades, of course, even if I'm not allowed to say anything, I would still follow this as the first day.

Good look SpAthoCor

~Jirisys ()
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    do me the favour of at least quoting this bit here,

~Jirisys ()
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Welcome Spartathenian of Corinth ()

I am but a ghost, not to be remembered here, though I wish I could have even been included in the list for at least, one last honor. Molina won't read my messages but anyways. As one of the first members and stirring-uppers, I welcome you on behalf of all the guys.

Also, do me the favour of at least quoting this bit here, in order for Molinhaarg (aka Molina) to know something important.

I guess you will take the "control faction" method, but if not; I suggest you use the "kill_character" to ward off the old guys to the Hades, of course, even if I'm not allowed to say anything, I would still follow this as the first day.

Good look SpAthoCor

~Jirisys ()
    <Insert Internet here>.

Thanks guys, it's nice to see some good guys here. For Athenai!

I would like to remind the following people: Walle, Drag0nUL, fireblade and Jaertecken - that they are invited to the 'Athenai War Room' user group. For convenience please accept the invitation, so that I can make it into a moderated group (allowing other orgah's to join).

Thanks in advance.

As announced in the TWC thread, this AAR will be returning soon!

I fear we do not have much activity over here at the .org, though. Once we do come back I'll try to "advertise" around the forums (just let people know, really) so that our fellow .org members can join in, considering how easy it is to participate in this AAR (just hop in, propose and agree!). So tell your friends and get ready! Soon the civil war will finally be fought.

Influence:

I'll try and poke as many Athenoi as possible and tell them the good news.

good, I'm looking forward to it.

Prepare to die, Athenoi! You should have stayed in you place, in the home knitting. You shall all perish for this transgression.

And you Spartiatai should have stayed home and enjoyed being beaten daily by your muscular wives.

Member Member Plasmanaut on Fire Champion Memnon's Avatar

So what's going on with this? It's what first brought me to this forum, and I wanted to join the Athenian Council as it prepared for war with the Spartiatai bumpkins.

I'm pretty sure it's dead. Try asking Moolinaargh, though he hasn't been online here on the .Org since "5th Aug 2011 01:54". :/
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 09-13-2011 at 13:52.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728