Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Concerning the great worries about the self defence capabilities of Europeans.

Default Re: Concerning the great worries about the self defence capabilities of Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    My apologies. This thread was supposed to be something else it turned out to be.My mistake.
    No need for you to apologize, I wasn't criticizing you. You can't control it when other people hijack a thread.

Default Re: Concerning the great worries about the self defence capabilities of Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    You started a thread off as a personal attack on another member and expected it to turn into something good? Yeah...right...
    Maybe you should read the OP.Otherwise i am completely done trying to have any kind of discussion with you.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 02-02-2011 at 20:53.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Maybe you should read the OP.Otherwise i am completely done trying to have any kind of discussion with you.
    So you deny then that the entire point of your opening post was to ridicule my (already completed) thread and me as a poster? If so, then you are not being honest.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

So you deny then that the entire point of your opening post was to ridicule my (already completed) thread and me as a poster? If so, then you are not being honest.
    You simply dont get it do you. If i challenge your opinion in certain matter that is not a personal attack. Please show me where i commented your personality, mental abilities or something similar to that?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

"I have this reasonable argument countering an argument from a previous thread, I would like to discuss it here since by the time I fully developed it, the original thread was dead/locked."

"STOP ATTACKING ME!!"

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I recommend that someone needs a (forced) break from the backroom for a while.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    This picture serves a sarcastic purpose better, imo, but the post of stfs had to be said.

You simply dont get it do you. If i challenge your opinion in certain matter that is not a personal attack. Please show me where i commented your personality, mental abilities or something similar to that?
    I took your post as a parody of mine (you even admitted that it was in jest), which is a ridicule. The fact that I was personally attacked multiple times by following posters in agreement with you confirmed that in my mind. I am sorry if that is not how you intended it, but that is how it came across to me.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Blog Entries

Will someone please lock this thread allready?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I don't understand the demands to lock the thread. Why? So we can have more time to read about Ayn Rand's Social Security scandle or claw our way through yet another tedious Israel/Palestine thread?

This and its sister have been two of the most entertaining threads in a while and what used to make the Backroom so fun - people getting passionate about a subject. It is (relatively) new and interesting. If your innocent eyes cannot stand it, don't click through. Vuk will decide when he's had enough and the thread will die soon enough after.

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus
    all true, but our part in southern iraq was only half the battle fought, if you want to hear about the other half then read Task Force Black, and see what Patraues and Co had to say about British Forces.

southern iraq was a failure but not by the military, rather it was a political lack of spine to let the military do the necessary to pacify Southern Iraq. blair wanted a quiet life and pissed away SI to get it.
    Just to be clear, I was not slagging of the British Military. They are, of course, one of the best in the world.

I was only trying to highlight that the two sides have always been highly critical of each other in the best of times, and especially when things don't go according to plan. I guess you could say that about any married couple, though.
    Last edited by PanzerJaeger; 02-02-2011 at 22:19.

I took your post as a parody of mine (you even admitted that it was in jest), which is a ridicule. The fact that I was personally attacked multiple times by following posters in agreement with you confirmed that in my mind. I am sorry if that is not how you intended it, but that is how it came across to me.
    Still you dont follow.I was jesting over your claims, not you as person.What part dont you undestand about that? If someone says that you are wrong about something. That is not a personal attack but different opinion. If i claim something and someone does not agree with me. Should i think that as personal attack or a different opinion? If someone is making degratory remarks about other people should i consider that as a different opinion or verbal attack against the said people? Capiche?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Still you dont follow.I was jesting over your claims, not you as person.What part dont you undestand about that? If someone says that you are wrong about something. That is not a personal attack but different opinion. If i claim something and someone does not agree with me. Should i think that as personal attack or a different opinion? If someone is making degratory remarks about other people should i consider that as a different opinion or verbal attack against the said people? Capiche?
    And you don't get what I mean. If I think your idea is stupid, I will tell you that your idea is stupid. When you make jest of an idea and the logic that makes one arrive at the idea, you are making jest about someone's reasoning capabilities (ie, their intelligence). Maybe you did not mean it that way, but that is how I interpreted it.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    I don't understand the demands to lock the thread. Why? So we can have more time to read about Ayn Rand's Social Security scandle or claw our way through another tedious Israel/Palestine thread?

This and its sister have been two of the most entertaining threads in a while and what used to make the Backroom so fun - people getting passionate about a subject. It is (relatively) new and interesting. If your innocent eyes cannot stand it, don't click through.
    I agree. If you don't like a thread, you don't go throwing personal insults at people and then crying for the thread to be locked! That is only disruptive. People are entitled to their opinions and the expression of them. If you don't want to argue with them, then don't!

EDIT: No, this post is not aimed at you PJ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    I don't understand the demands to lock the thread. Why? So we can have more time to read about Ayn Rand's Social Security scandle or claw our way through another tedious Israel/Palestine thread?

This and its sister have been two of the most entertaining threads in a while and what used to make the Backroom so fun - people getting passionate about a subject. It is (relatively) new and interesting. If your innocent eyes cannot stand it, don't click through.
    Yeah it was interesting but it's just devolved into:

Vuk: "are you insulting me?"
    Anyone else: "No"
    "I'm sure you insulted me"
    "No i didnt."
    "Yes you did"
    "No i didnt."
    "Yes you did"
    etc.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Yeah it was interesting but it's just devolved into:

Vuk: "are you insulting me?"
    Anyone else: "No"
    "I'm sure you insulted me"
    "No i didnt."
    "Yes you did"
    "No i didnt."
    "Yes you did"
    etc.
    You are saying that people were not insulting me in this thread? Then why did a mod have to warn them to edit their posts? The only one that was disputed was the original post which I admitted could have been a mistake. It is the people who are not involved in any discussion who come to threads with the sole purpose of killing them who are the problem.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

oh vuk excuse me that your friends in the corp told you that regular army sucks. this of course coming from a marine makes it the absolute truth.

you want to know about the corp vuk. they are a bunch of juiceheads. the average marine has trouble spelling his own name. they are a collection of primadonnas who see themselves as complete badasses when in fact they are just more boots on the ground. all of their needs are taken care of by the navy logistically and in terms of their ridiculous desires for their own organic air and artillery components its ridiculous. the organic air is a drain on money since the navy and airforce can more than supply their needs and your trying to tell me the army does not have enough artillery to help out the marines as well? The marines make operations demonstrably more difficult because they are always perceiving slights to their and the corps "honor".

Off base marines cause a plethora of problems because they simply cannot stand for anything less than recognition as top dog when they are far from it. The public and government panders to their constant nonsense because of the aura of invincibility they insist on surrounding themselves with.

so shut up with your stereotypical bull vuk we all have our own. how about you get some actual knowledge and experience about i dont know anything before you run your mouth off. im tired of hearing about your martial arts bullshit its completely ridiculous.

Blog Entries

You are saying that people were not insulting me in this thread? Then why did a mod have to warn them to edit their posts? The only one that was disputed was the original post which I admitted could have been a mistake. It is the people who are not involved in any discussion who come to threads with the sole purpose of killing them who are the problem.
    No, I'm saying that you realy need to let it go, the lot of you. It getting boring.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

It is extremely hard to debate with someone who doesn't use facts or reason

Guys like PJ and Centurion, while probably being the most in line with your views (altough lets be honest, most retards would laugh at what you try to pass off as reasoning skills and cognitive ability, lumping these guys in with you is physically painfull) still maintain grounding in reality

But Vuk look on the bright side, you are literate (using that term loosely) and able to use the interwebz. I'm sure you have destroyed the grim prognosis the doctors gave your parents.

You my friend are a winner
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-02-2011 at 22:17.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Great - I feel like having to clean up after a party were half of the guest puked in the living room

Some patrons have PMs

And I am happy to have signed off before that to get ready for my evening meetings. Though I also feel a little guilty that it got dumped on you Ser. --SF
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 02-03-2011 at 14:48.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234