Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Crusades HS: The Levantine Struggle (completed, winner: Thanatos Eclipse)

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Default Re: Kingdoms Crusades Hotseat: The Levantine Struggle

Now that you've played your turn, Cecil... Can you confirm that last turn one of your armies got caught in an ambush ? How big was it, if you don't mind telling ?
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by _Tristan_ View Post
    Now that you've played your turn, Cecil... Can you confirm that last turn one of your armies got caught in an ambush ? How big was it, if you don't mind telling ?
    I can confirm that none of my armies got caught in an ambush.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

hey guys - we had an incident where a defeated navy was sunk on the following turn when it should have been immune.

Can I please request that when defeating an army or a navy you post the name of the Admiral, Captain or General here when posting the save, so that subsequent players can keep track?

Otherwise we'll have to start posting screenshots which is more onerous.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This should only work for forces that are defeated and the defeated force is before in the turn than the victor, correct?

For example, if I defeat an Egyptian army I shouldn't have to post the name since the army won't be able to move anyway.
    But if an Egyptian army defeats one of my forces Nightbringer should post the name of my army because otherwise it would still have all of its movement points.

...I think this is it.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    This should only work for forces that are defeated and the defeated force is before in the turn than the victor, correct?

For example, if I defeat an Egyptian army I shouldn't have to post the name since the army won't be able to move anyway.
    But if an Egyptian army defeats one of my forces Nightbringer should post the name of my army because otherwise it would still have all of its movement points.

...I think this is it.
    In theory yes - but in practice it's probably best to post the names of all defeated armies/navies, so there's no doubt and also so that other players know not to attack them.

In the current incident I believe the ship in question had no move but was still attacked by mistake.

EDIT: as an additional comment, this works rather better over at TWC where there is a requirement to post screenshots. However I personally find that an unnecessary drag and would prefer to just post names if I were playing...
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 03-23-2011 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post

In the current incident I believe the ship in question had no move but was still attacked by mistake.
    In fact the ship had all its movement points and could have been retreated bar the rule preventing just that...

GH, I would advise posting the names as it would point out to Nightbringer, for example, the armies you defeated, that he shuoldn't reinforce or it would make them assaillable in your turn.

To be clear, being first in the turn, if I defeat an army from anybody, can I attack it on the next turn or not, as it has not been able to move or does it ony apply to the players that come after me in the turn that have defeated my armies ?

What of my armies that are defeated on my turn (fingers crossed...) ? Can they be moved on my next turn ? Attacked by players that follow me in the turn order ?
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

To be very clear: no army or navy beaten in battle may either be moved or be attacked (unless reinforced) on the following turn, regardless of the position in the turn order.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And now we're back to Byzantium!

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=8877

Defeated armies: Captain Youssef outside of Kerak.

(also damn, I forgot to change the faction name for this turn. )
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Turk's up.

Defeated Arthur Cottaz.

Sorry guys, apparently we've had another rules snafu and GH attacked an army that he had defeated the previous turn (Captian Yousef I'm guessing), drawing out the Karak garrison.

We're gonna need to wind it back and replay from GH's turn.

Blog Entries

Argh, sorry guys. Guess that speaks of the need to keep track of these things though.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Oh, already announced, sorry about slowing the game down, I know it was just an accident though.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

Okay, new save for Byzantium. This time I just ignored the defeated army and besieged Kerak.

Again, really sorry about this guys. It won't happen again.

Blog Entries

soo...

Does anyone know a person who would like to step in and play the Turks.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 04-14-2011 at 22:52.

Are you volunteering ?

It might be time to get this back on track, if only in memory of Tosainu

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Are you volunteering ?

Totally. He would want the game to keep going.

Behind the scenes I've been trying to recruit a new player from the ranks of people I know. So far no luck but I have a couple more ideas before I throw it open to the public.

Are you volunteering ?

Um, I'm not sure that would be fair as I am already playing the Fatimids :)

Although if no one minds...

But I really do want to continue this hotseat, it has been fun and Tosu would want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Um, I'm not sure that would be fair as I am already playing the Fatimids :)

Although if no one minds...
    Leave it with me a little longer...it'd be better to find a new player than have someone sub. I'm keen to get this rolling again though.

Who said anything about subbing, the Fatimids are always looking for more territory. XD

Who said anything about subbing, the Fatimids are always looking for more territory. XD
    That's for sure but I think GH would like to disagree on this...

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

hmm

Yo. I'll be replacing the great Tosa as the Turks in this hotseat. Anyone who had any schemes with the Turks going on behind the scenes, feel free to contact me.

Blog Entries

Good to see this running again.

Welcome Quirl...

I had a deal with the Turks whereb they had agreed to gift me all their territories save Baghdad....

(Just kidding, of course)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Welcome Quirl...

I had a deal with the Turks whereb they had agreed to gift me all their territories save Baghdad....(Just kidding, of course)
    lol. 'Bout to say...

Should have the turn up in a bit!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast