Thread: Sabyn problems?

Default Sabyn problems?

I am playing a campaign as the Sab'yn and came across (pretty early) two glitches. The first is, that I cannot recruit allied generals with level IV governments, the second is that if I withdraw my armies from battle they all die. As it happens, I've continued the campaign and 'roleplayed' those glitches as an aspect of the faction (I've thoroughly enjoyed a most difficult and arduous campaign, mostly against the Ptolemies, but now against the Pahalava and Baktrians as well - with none of them willing to take the other on...), but I just thought I'd note these glitches to see if a) they are (both) glitches and b) if others have had the same experience.

Default Re: Sabyn problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Sempronius Gracchus View Post
    I am playing a campaign as the Sab'yn and came across (pretty early) two glitches. The first is, that I cannot recruit allied generals with level IV governments, the second is that if I withdraw my armies from battle they all die. As it happens, I've continued the campaign and 'roleplayed' those glitches as an aspect of the faction (I've thoroughly enjoyed a most difficult and arduous campaign, mostly against the Ptolemies, but now against the Pahalava and Baktrians as well - with none of them willing to take the other on...), but I just thought I'd note these glitches to see if a) they are (both) glitches and b) if others have had the same experience.
    Yes, I've seen both playing as the Romans. I can't remember if it's a bug or not (I think it is actually, something about creating the right kind of bodyguard unit), but I know you can't recruit generals or client rulers in many settlements within the sabean sphere of influence (as the Romans anyway) - Meroe, Axum, Gerrha, Maryab and surrounding settlements, etc. I usually recruit a client ruler from the closest settlement where I can recruit (Charax, or the settlement northeast of Axum) and ship them over.

I've also seen the second issue you note as well, and let me tell you, it's very annoying! It's very slow going for the Romans in that part of the world, and it takes forever to rebuild an army and get it to where it's needed. Again, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Another thing Ive noticed is that the AI seems to spawn 3/4 stacks out of mid-air for the Saba. Several times I've completely cleared the area around Maryab of their armies, only to see another stack appear out of nowhere just as I'm ready to move up the coast.
    Last edited by Africanus; 02-16-2011 at 08:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Africanus View Post
    Yes, I've seen both playing as the Romans. I can't remember if it's a bug or not (I think it is actually, something about creating the right kind of bodyguard unit), but I know you can't recruit generals or client rulers in many settlements within the sabean sphere of influence (as the Romans anyway) - Meroe, Axum, Gerrha, Maryab and surrounding settlements, etc. I usually recruit a client ruler from the closest settlement where I can recruit (Charax, or the settlement northeast of Axum) and ship them over.

I've also seen the second issue you note as well, and let me tell you, it's very annoying! It's very slow going for the Romans in that part of the world, and it takes forever to rebuild an army and get it to where it's needed. Again, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Another thing Ive noticed is that the AI seems to spawn 3/4 stacks out of mid-air for the Saba. Several times I've completely cleared the area around Maryab of their armies, only to see another stack appear out of nowhere just as I'm ready to move up the coast.
    As you have also had the same problems then they are possibly not glitches at all. I decided to roleplay the armies dying on withdrawing from battle as being an aspect of entrapment in the desert - and perhaps that is the idea....?? It certainly is annoying, especially when you're not expecting it - lost my main army while a Ptolemai full stack was approaching Carna...and only just managed to raise a rag-tag replacement and hung on by the skin of my teeth. Put me back a few years... But, can't complain, I prefer a challenge, and this Sab'yn campaign has certainly been that.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Check this thread for the missing client rulers: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-Client-Rulers

Armies will vanish on retreat if they can't retreat into safe regions (i.e. islands, naval invasions), that is engine related...

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions